List of 4 best free stick figure animation software for Windows.
Stick figure animation (also known as pivot animation) is an animation which is created when many stick figure drawings are represented frame by frame one after another. It is also one of the easiest, oldest and widely used animation. It can be easily created by using software.
You can use all these software to create stick figure animation easily and quickly. You can also learn how to make stick figure animation by using these software. They all are very small and three of these software are less than 1 MB in size. They can create colored stick figure animation and they also provide tools to create different types of stick figures, such as: dot, line, circle, semi-circle, etc. They can save the animation in image, animated image and video file formats.
Let’s see each of these software with some of their handy details. Meanwhile, also checkout these 3D animation, GIF animator and visio viewer software.
Here Are The 4 Best Free Stick Figure Animation Software For Windows:
Stykz is one of the finest stick figure animation software. Using this software, you can add stykz and pivot stick figures easily in various colors and sizes to create animation. It provides various figures to create stick figure on your own in different colors and sizes. It lets you easily change the movement of the stick figure in various frames. It can export the animated stick figures in animated GIF, PNG image array, JPG image array, transparent PNG image array and GIF image array. It is also a cross-platform software, you can also use it in Mac and Linux OS. You can also check out its animation gallery on its website.
How to make stick figure animation by using this software:
Home Page Download Page
- Open this stick animator, add stykz or Piv 2 figure from Commands window in the animation area. You can also make stick figure by your own using stick and circle in the Tool window.
- Add frames in the animation from the frame window and animate the stick figure in added frames. You can add many number of frames as you desire to make animation.
- Play the created animation by clicking on the Play button in the Controller window and you will see the animation created by you.
- Save the animation or export animation in the computer from File option in the menu bar.
TISFAT-ZERO is a small stick animation software. Use this software to add default as well as custom stick figures and easily change their looks in various frames to create animation. It has one unique feature that it lets you add multiple layers for each frame in the animation. It can export animated stick figures to animated GIF and it is available in portable format with downloadable zip file size less than 1 MB.
There are 3 sections in this stick animator for creating animation, they are: Timeline at the top, Canvas below Timeline and Toolbox on the left side of the software interface. Steps to create stick figure animation using these sections in this software are:
Home Page Download Page
- Add stick figure in the Canvas from the Toolbox. You can also change stick figure size, color, transparency, etc. from the Toolbox. In Toolbox, you can also set the animation frame rate and background color.
- Add frames in the Timeline and animate stick figure. You can also add multiple layer in the Timeline for each frame.
- Repeat the second step until desired number of frames are added.
- Play the created animation from Toolbox.
- Save the animation in the computer or export it in animated GIF from File option in the menu bar.
Pivot is a very small pivot animator or stick figure animator. Use this software to simply add the stick figures and animate them frame by frame to create pivot animation. Some of the features it provides are: change figure color, edit figure shape, set figure transparency, etc. It can import images from the computer and insert them in the animation. WMV video and animated GIF are two file formats in which it can save the animated stick figures. This pivot animator is also a portable and standalone software with downloadable zip file size less than 75 KB.
Creating animation by this pivot animator is easy and fast. Lets see how to make stick figure animation using this software:
- Add stick figure on the Canvas from the tool section on the left of its interface. In tool section, you can set stick figure transparency, edit stick figure, change stick figure color, etc. You can also create stick figure by your own from the tool section and add it in the Canvas.
- Add frames and animate the stick figures. It can animate the stick figure in different frames quickly and easily.
- Repeat the second step until desired number of frames are added in the animation.
- Play the animation by clicking on the Play button in the tool section.
- Save the animation from File option in the menu bar in image array, animated GIF and WMV video.
Note: This free pivot stickfigure animator is also the clone to the original pivot software (i.e. unofficial pivot). Home Page Download Page
Stickman animation is a web-based stick animation software with a nice user-interface. It provides some very useful features for creating stick figure animation, some of them are:
- It provides many stick creating tools, such as: dot, stick, circle and semi-circle.
- It can set the animation frame rate and it provides ghost image feature which is one of its unique feature.
- You can add many number of frames in this web-based software for creating animation.
- It can save the animation in the computer as well as online.
- This stick animator is a light weight software with downloadable zip file size less than 600 KB.
In this software, you need to first create stick figures by using stick creating tools. After you have created the figures, you can animate the figures frame by frame.
Note: For me, this free stick animator worked perfectly in Google Chrome browser. Home Page Download Page