Here is a list of 15 best free whiteboard software for Windows.
Whiteboard software can be classified into many categories, such as simple drawing software, interactive whiteboard software, collaboration whiteboard software, desktop whiteboard or annotation software, virtual whiteboard software, etc. But, all Whiteboard software have one thing in common that it contains whiteboard drawing sheets and some drawing tools.
All these software provide whiteboard drawing sheets and drawing tools. These software can be effective for making interactive whiteboard sessions, collaborating drawing or sharing ideas, very simple drawing tool for kids, presentation tools, desktop annotation tools, etc. Most of these software are very user-friendly and small software. Some of these software can insert images and texts in the drawing area. Some of these software can export or save the image in popular image file formats.
Sequentially, let’s have a quick view at each of these software. You may also want to check out presentation, screen recorder and flowchart software.
Here Are The 15 Best Free Whiteboard Software For Windows:
Open Sankore is one of the feature-rich, popular and best whiteboard software. It provides some very quality features as it is one of the best in making interactive whiteboards and some of its quality features are:
Home Page Download Page
- It can insert texts, images, audio, animation, shapes, video, etc. in the whiteboard for making quality interactive session.
- It provides a good collection of drawing editing tools.
- It can add multiple whiteboard sheets for making a lengthy session.
- You can set the whiteboard background in four different shapes in this software.
- It can be effectively used for giving presentation, teacher can use it for giving interactive whiteboard lessons, etc.
- It provides an integrated web browser for exploring internet and to collect some relevant information.
- Its interface is available in full screen and it can annotate the desktop screen as well.
- It can export the session in PDF and IWB file formats.
- It is also an open source software and it is available in multilingual interface.
Net Pen is a collaborative and interactive whiteboard software which you can use with your friends to collaboratively work in the same whiteboard. Some of its key features are:
- You can use it to share your drawing on whiteboard with multiple users in real-time.
- It provides many handy drawing tools for creating whiteboard, such as: pen, eraser, spray, text, shapes, etc.
- It can also import images in the drawing area.
- It can set objects in the whiteboard as temporary and permanent.
- It is a small software with setup file size of 1.5 MB.
How to make interactive drawing session using this interactive whiteboard software:
- To use its interactive whiteboard session, you need to first establish connection between multiple PC's. For that, Open this software, click on the Connection option in the menu bar and select Host or Connect option. A new Network Connection window will open.
- In this Network Connection window, you need to enter your user name, mark Hosting as active in Client/Server Settings and click on the Start button.
- Ask your friends to open this software, repeat the step 1 to open Network Connection window, enter your LAN IP address in the text field below Host Name: and click on the Start button in Network Window.
- Start making drawing in the software main window and ask your friend to do the same.
Note: You need to have Java already installed in your computer to run this free whiteboard software. Home Page Download Page
Whyteboard is a user-friendly and one of the best whiteboard drawing software for kids. It provides many useful and quality features.
How to use this whiteboard software:
- Open the software and select a drawing tool from the tools section which is on the left side of the software interface.
- Start drawing in the large drawing area. You can add multiple whiteboard sheets to make multiple drawings at a time.
- After drawing is complete, save the drawing in your computer from File option in the menu bar. You can export the drawing in popular image file formats as well.
It is also a PDF and postscript (PS) file annotation software. Its interface is available in multilingual interface, some of the languages are: French, German, Italian, Chinese, etc. It is a cross-platform software. You can use it in Linux and Mac OS as well. Home Page Download Page
You can use Whiteboard Notepad with some very useful tools and features. Some of the useful features of this whiteboard software are:
Home Page Download Page
- It is a very fast and easy to use software.
- It provides sketch in many different colors, such as: black, blue, red, green, yellow, etc.
- In this software, you can add multiple whiteboard sheets to make multiple whiteboard drawing.
- It provides six different background whiteboard colors for making whiteboard drawing, such as: White, Black, Graph Paper, Polar Graph Paper, Black Graph Paper and Isometric Paper.
- It lets you insert text and import images from popular file formats.
- One of its unique feature is that you can insert mathematical equation in the drawing.
- It is a stand alone and portable whiteboard software. Its executable file size is less than 300 KB.
Using Desktop Whiteboard, you can use 9 different whiteboard sheets for drawing at a time and add important notes. It can save the drawing in PNG image file format. It is a light weight software and its downloadable zip file size is less than 1 MB.
How to use this whiteboard software:
Home Page Download Page
- Select a color from the editing area which you want to use in drawing.
- After selecting the color, start making drawing in the drawing area. At the same time, you can add important notes below the drawing.
- Save the drawing in the computer.
WhiteboardSVG is an interactive and collaborative whiteboard software which you can use for making interactive and collaborative drawing session. It provides some useful drawing shapes from Graphical Shapes and SVG Library. You can insert the images in the drawing area using this software. It can easily connect different PC's for creating collaborative whiteboard sessions. It is a small software with setup file size of 1.65 MB. Home Page Download Page
You can use Graffiti for creating interactive and collaborative whiteboard session between multiple PC's. It doesn't require any manual connection for creating interactive whiteboard session. It provides some handy drawing tools for making drawing in the whiteboard. Apart from sharing whiteboard, it provides live chat feature between multiple users. It can save the drawing in BMP, PNG, PPM, etc. file formats. It is also a cross-platform and portable whiteboard software. Apart from Windows, this collaborative whiteboard software is available for Linux and Mac OS. Home Page Download Page
NittiTre WhiteBoard is one of its kind whiteboard software as it makes the entire desktop screen a virtual whiteboard. It provides sketching in 4 different colors to draw or annotate the desktop screen, colors are: Green, Red, Blue and Black. The sketching sizes are available in Small, Medium, Large, Huge and Massive sizes. It lets you set the screen capacity while drawing. It is a small, stand alone and portable whiteboard software with executable file size of 28 KB. Home Page Download Page
Whitepad is a simple and full screen whiteboard drawing software which can draw the whiteboard using sketch in 4 different colors, such as: Black, Blue, Red and Green. It can move the drawn objects from one part of the whiteboard screen to other part of the whiteboard screen. It is also a portable software with downloadable zip file size of 12.3 KB. Home Page Download Page
Paint On Whiteboard Desktop
Paint On Whiteboard Desktop is a desktop annotation software which you can use to make your desktop screen as a virtual whiteboard and start drawing on it. It provides pen, line and arrow as drawing tools. It can capture the drawing and save it in your computer in PNG file format. It is a small software with zip file size around 26 KB.
Note: It is Java-based software. So, install Java software in your computer to run this free whiteboard software. Home Page Download Page
Cooperative Whiteboard can be used as a real-time collaborative drawing tool. Using this software to easily connect multiple PC's and start making collaborating drawing session. For drawing, it provides sketching tools in 6 different colors, such as: Red, Blue, Green, Black, Pink and Purple. It can also import images from JPG, PNG and GIF file formats in the drawing. It is a portable and stand-alone software with executable file size around 65 KB. Home Page Download Page
You can use irs Annotate as a desktop annotation and desktop whiteboard software. It provides some simple and user-friendly features for making the desktop a virtual whiteboard or annotation area. It can make drawing on the desktop screen and at the same time let you take down notes. It is a small software with downloadable zip file size of 91 KB.
Note: To install this free whiteboard software, you need to have Adobe Air already installed in your computer. Home Page Download Page
Souzou is a simple, full screen and portable whiteboard software. You can use it as virtual whiteboard or large whiteboard on your computer screen. This software lets you easily make drawing or notes in various colors. It can save the drawing in PNG, JPG and SVG file formats. You can change the background color of the drawing sheets in this software. One of its unique feature is that it can hide cursor while drawing. Apart from Windows, it is available for Mac and Linux OS. Home Page Download Page
WhiteBoard comes with limited but useful features for making drawing. Some of its key features are:
- It provides drawing sketch in four different colors, such are: Red, Green, Blue and Black.
- It is a very small software with setup file size of 120 KB.
- It can quickly clean the whole drawing as well.
I particularly find one thing missing in this software i.e. you cannot save the drawing after making it. Home Page Download Page
Coccinella is primarily a chat messenger which comes with an integrated Coccinella whiteboard. You can use its whiteboard with many handy features. Some of the handy features of this software are:
Home Page Download Page
- It provides many drawing tools, such as: pencil, line, rectangle, oval, eraser, etc.
- It lets you import text and images from PNG, GIF, BMP, JPG, etc. file formats.
- Its library feature let you insert various images, such as: Mathematica, Mathematica2, SpeechBubbleSE, boing, Heart, modernArt, etc.
- It can save the file in SVG, TXT, PS and CMK file formats.
- It is an open source, portable and cross-platform software. It is also available for Mac and Linux OS.
- Its interface is available in many different languages, such as: English, German, Italian, French, etc.