15 Best Free System Performance Monitoring Software for Windows
Here is a list of best free system performance monitoring software for Windows. These software show performance data of different components of a system like CPU, RAM, GPU, Storage Drive, Motherboard, etc. Main components which determine the system performance are CPU, RAM, and Storage Drive. In case of CPU, these software show real-time CPU usage, CPU, clock speeds, CPU temperature, and other values. For RAM, these software display RAM usage, as high RAM usage can reduce the system performance. In the case of storage device, these software show drive read/ write speeds and drive temperature. GPU is another component that significantly impacts the system performance that some of these software can monitor. By viewing the data of individual components, you can easily monitor performance of your system.
In some software, you also get graphs representing the performance of different components of your system. Plus, options to save the monitored performance data in HTML, TXT, XLS, and other supported formats are also available in some software. These software also offer many additional features like network monitor, background process monitor, running application monitor, etc. In general, all of these software are dedicated and straightforward that anyone can use without much hassle.
My Favorite System Performance Monitoring Software For Windows:
HWiNFO is my favorite software because it lets you monitor all four important components of a system namely CPU, RAM, GPU, and Storage Drive. Plus, it also lets you save all the monitored data in XML, HTML, and TXT file formats.
Task Manager is another one of my favorites because it also lets you monitor the performance of all important system components. Plus, it comes with Windows 10, hence you don’t need to download it like all other software.
HWiNFO is a free system performance monitoring software for Windows. It is another handy software through which you can monitor almost all aspects of your system. In this software, you get two main interfaces namely System Summary and Sensor Status. In the system summary interface, you can view the specifications of CPU and GPU along with some real-time CPU data such as CPU voltage, CPU frequency, PCIe status, etc. To view detailed data about your system, you need to use its Sensor Status interface.
Main Features of this System Performance Monitor Software:
You get the following options and features in its Sensor Status interface:
- System: Using it, you can monitor RAM usage, RAM load, virtual memory committed, page file usage, etc.
- CPU: It lets you monitor CPU clock speed, CPU usage, CPU temperature, Thread usage, CPU voltage, etc.
- S.M.A.R.T: It shows various data about the system hard drive like temperature, write speed, read speed, warnings, etc.
- GPU: Using it, you can monitor GPU load, GPU usage, GPU clock, and 3D usage.
- Network: It lets you track network upload and download speeds.
- Save Report: After monitoring your system, you can save all the monitored data in HTML, XML, or TXT format using this feature.
- Driver Update: Using it, you can update all the out of date drivers of your system.
- BIOS Update: It lets you update the BIOS version of your system.
It is a very good system performance monitoring software that allows you to monitor various aspects of your system.
Task Manager is another free system performance monitoring software for Windows. It is one of the default programs that come with Windows 10. As its name suggests, it is primarily used to manage running tasks and processes of the Windows. However, it also shows performance, utilization, clock speeds, and more information of some system components like CPU, GPU, etc. In addition to that, it also lets you keep track of your network.
- CPU: It is a section that shows CPU utilization, CPU clock speed, real-time graph of CPU utilization. Plus some additional information like number of running processes, running threads, CPU specification, etc., are also provided by it.
- Memory: It shows you the current RAM utilization, RAM utilization graph, memory composition, in use memory, total available memory, page pooled, and other RAM related information.
- Disk: In it, you can view, storage drive active time graph, read speed, write speed, disk transfer rate, storage capacity, and more important disk performance data.
- GPU: It is another handy feature that can monitor GPU and display GPU memory usage, GPU utilization, utilization of GPU by 3D tasks, utilization of GPU by video processing task, etc.
- Processes: It shows you all the running applications and background services.
- App History: Using it, you can view all the apps which have used CPU and Network. Plus, the exact time for which each application has used the CPU is also provided by it.
- Startup: In this section, you can view all those applications which will automatically start after the system boot. From here, you can also disable some or all applications which you don’t want to start automatically after the system boot.
- Services: It shows you all the system services whether they are running or not. Plus, a status showing running and stopped applications are also provided by it.
It is one of the best system performance monitoring and task management software. As it comes with Windows, so you don’t need to download it which is another bonus.
HWMonitor is another free system performance monitoring software for Windows. Through this software, you can easily monitor performance, fan speed, and temperature of different components of your system. Plus, it also lets you save all the system monitoring data in a TXT file.
- Fan Speed: Using it, you can monitor real-time fan speed of the CPU and cabinet fans.
- Temperature: It shows the temperature of individual cores of CPU, GPU temperature, and hard drive.
- Powers: It shows you the real-time voltage of CPU, Motherboard, and of various small components.
- Clocks: It shows you clock speed of CPU cores and GPU unit.
- Utilization: It shows the current utilization of hard drive space, RAM space, CPU usage, and GPU usage.
- Min/ Max values: It shows the minimum and maximum values of CPU temperature, GPU temperature, CPU clock speeds, Voltage, Fan Speed, etc.
This software comes with a simple interface where you can view all the essential system performance data.
Open Hardware Monitor
Open Hardware Monitor is a free and portable system performance monitoring software for Windows. This software shows real-time statistics of all essential system components namely CPU, Hard Drive, Motherboard and RAM. Statistics like CPU temperature, CPU fan speed, CPU voltage, motherboard voltage, power usage, RAM load, etc., can be viewed in it. Apart from that, you can also save all the performance monitoring data of your system in a TXT file.
- Temperature Unit: Using it, you can set the temperature unit to Fahrenheit or Celsius.
- Log Interval: It allows you to change the logging interval (time after which this software gather system information).
- Remote Web Server: Using this feature, you can track the performance of a system from any location.
It is a straightforward system performance monitoring software through which you can track the performance of all main system components.
Moo0 System Monitor
Moo0 System Monitor is another free system performance monitoring software for Windows. This software comes with a floating interface that shows all the information which you need to determine the system performance. This software can collect and show data of all important components of a system namely CPU, GPU, RAM, and Hard Drive.
- CPU Loader: It shows how much CPU is being used in real-time.
- CPU Temperature: It shows the real-time CPU temperature value.
- Mem Free: It displays how much RAM is free and how much is being used.
- HDD I/O: It shows the data transfer speed of the hard disk drive.
- Network: It shows the data transfer speed of your network.
- Burdened By: It is a handy feature that shows which application or process is burdening the system.
- Bottleneck: It displays the name of the component that bottlenecks your system.
It is another standard system performance monitoring software that helps you monitor the performance of your system.
Thilmera is yet another free system performance monitoring software for Windows. This software shows real-time information about your system on its floating interface. However, to view more detailed data like names of applications and processes which are currently running, use its report section that you can access from its right-click menu.
- Memory: It shows real-time usage of RAM.
- CPU: It shows the current CPU utilization.
- Process: It shows the total number of processes running at the moment in your system.
- Disk: It shows the hard drive usage along with the reading and writing speeds.
- Network: It shows the network upload and download speed.
- Screenshot: Using it, you can take the screenshot of your entire screen.
- Hard Disk Smart Recheck: This feature checks the hard drive and finds errors which are causing system slowdown.
This software comes with a small floating interface that shows some critical information which can be used to track system performance.
SysGuage is the next free system monitoring software for Windows. It is a dedicated system performance monitoring software through which you can monitor almost all aspects of your system like CPU, Memory, Disk, Network, etc.
- System Monitor: It shows current, maximum, minimum, and average usage of CPU, RAM, Hard Disk, Network, etc. Plus, graphs and graphical meter to represent the monitored data is also available in it.
- System Status: It shows the total number of running processes, free memory, used memory, total threads, and other information.
- CPU Monitor: In it, you can view total CPU usage, user CPU usage, kernel CPU usage, CPU interrupt time, CPU interrupt rate, CPU frequency, etc.
- Memory Monitor: It shows data like current memory usage, free memory, used memory, memory cache size, cache peak size, page file usage, etc.
- Disk Monitor: Using it, you can monitor hard disk transfer speed, disk read transfer, disk write transfer, disk IOPS (Input/output operations per second), etc.
- System Analyzer: This feature analyzes different aspects of a system and gives it a grade like good, excellent, warning, etc., so that you will know which components of your system are working fine and which are not.
- Network Monitor: This feature helps you monitor the parameters such as network transfer speed, network packets rate, send packets errors, network output queue, etc.
- Profiles: This software can be used by up to 10 different users. Each user has its own profile that can be generated and managed through this profile feature.
- Report: Using it, you can generate a detailed report about your system performance that you can save in document formats e.g., HTML, PDF, XLS, etc.
- Errors: This feature shows errors and warnings detected by this software after the analysis of a system.
Some features of this software like periodic status reports, IIS server monitor, remote control via network, etc., are not available in this free version of this software.
It is one of the best free system performance monitoring software as it shows every important performance stats about a system. Plus, its ability to represent data in terms of graphs is also quite impressive.
System Monitor II
System Monitor II is a free system performance monitoring gadget for Windows. As it is a gadget, hence it needs a gadget sidebar software to run. After installing the gadget sidebar, you can easily install this gadget on your system. This gadget comes with a floating interface that shows important data that you can use to monitor your system.
- RAM Usage: It shows the real-time RAM usage along with total available RAM and total free RAM.
- CPU Usage: It displays current CPU usage of all the cores.
- CPU Clock Speed: It shows the real-time CPU clock speed.
- Real-Time CPU Usage Graph: A CPU usage graph is also provided by this software on its interface that you can use to view change in CPU usage over a period of time.
- Power Options: It provides standard power options including shutdown, hibernate, standby, logoff, and restart.
- Total Processes and Threads: In it, you can view the total number of running processes and threads.
It is a small and lightweight system performance monitoring gadget that you can use to monitor system performance.
System Explorer is the next free system performance monitoring software for Windows. Through this software, you can monitor the performance of three important system components namely CPU, RAM, and Hard Drive. Besides this, you can also view all the details about running background processes. To monitor system performance, you need to use its Performance tab. However, to track background processes, you need to use its Processes tab.
- Processor Usage: It shows real-time CPU usage in the form of a graph.
- Used RAM: Its shows the current RAM usage, page fault, and the name of the process which is taking the most amount of RAM.
- I/O Reads and Write: It displays the system read and write speeds.
- Connection: It is a tab that shows the name of connections and applications which are using the internet.
- History: From here you can view CPU usage history of all processes and applications.
- Save list to file: It lets you save all the monitored data in a TXT file.
It is another good software through which you can easily monitor the performance of some main aspects of your system.
CAM is one more free system performance monitoring software for Windows. Through this software, you can monitor the performance of all three important components of your system namely CPU, RAM, and Storage Drive. Apart from monitoring the system, this software can also be used to view the detailed specification of your system. In it, you also get an advanced Games mode that offers some handy games associated features.
Main System Monitoring Features:
- CPU: It shows you real-time CPU temperature, load, fan speed, and clock speed. Plus, CPU usage graphs showing the temperature and usage of all cores are also present in it.
- RAM: It only shows the current RAM usage.
- Storage: It shows the currently free and used system storage.
- Build: It is a section that shows every small detail about the components of your systems such as CPU model name, CPU TDP, socket type, motherboard model name, RAM frequency, RAM timings, etc.
- Games: This feature lets you overlay FPS, CPU usage, GPU usage, VRAM, Memory, and other data over any game.
- Drivers: This feature notifies you whenever new driver updates are available.
- Screenshot: It allows you to capture the interface of this software that you can save in cloud or in your local storage as a JPEG file.
It is a capable system performance monitoring software that shows you some important data which you can use to determine the performance of your system.
Note: To access all the features of this software, you need to log in to this software either by using your Google, Facebook or CAM account.
SSuite System Monitor
SSuite System Monitor is another free and portable system performance monitoring software for Windows. It is also a lightweight software that does not put an extra load on your system. Using it, you can monitor the performance and usage of two main components of your system namely CPU and RAM.
- CPU: It shows real-time CPU usage in terms of percentage.
- RAM: You can track the current RAM usage through this feature.
- PFL: It shows the current Page file load. Page file stores that data which cannot be held by system RAM when it is full.
- Current I.P. Address: It shows the IP address of your system when your system is connected with a network.
The inability of this software to track all main components of your system apart from RAM and CPU is its main advantage.
It is decent software if you only want to track the RAM and CPU performance of your system.
Cool Beans System Info
Cool Beans System Info is another free system performance monitoring software for Windows. It is simple and easy to use software through which you can monitor CPU and RAM performance. Apart from that, it can also be used to track currently running tasks, background processes, and network transfer rate. On the main interface of this software, you can view bar graphs showing usage of all cores of a CPU and current RAM usage.
- Network: It shows the real-time usage of your network along with upload and download speeds.
- Processes: It shows all the background processes which are running.
- Tasks: It shows all the running applications and programs.
- Page File Load: It shows the amount of data present in the page file.
- Network Stopwatch: It lets you track the network usage for a given period of time.
It is a straightforward software that anyone can use to monitor the performance of your system.
AMD System Monitor
AMD System Monitor is yet another free system performance monitoring software for Windows. This software is specially designed to work with systems containing AMD CPUs. Like all other software, this software can also monitor CPU and RAM usage. Unlike all other software, it can also track real-time GPU usage. In general, it is also quite simple software to monitor system performance.
- CPU: It allows you to monitor the usage of all individual cores of the CPU. Plus, CPU usage graph is also provided by it.
- GPU: It shows the current GPU usage along with GPU usage graph.
- Memory Usage: It shows occupied RAM, free RAM, RAM area reserved for hardware, and modified RAM area.
If you need a system performance monitoring software to monitor a system with AMD CPU, then you can use this one.
Systemometer is the next free system performance monitoring software for Windows. This software shows the system performance and available resources over a spider chart. At the edges of spider chart, you can view real-time CPU cores usage, number of running processes, number of threads, current RAM usage, virtual memory usage, disk space usage, and hard drive time. After monitoring the data, you can save all the monitored data in SMTR file.
- Modify Chart: This software offers spider chart modification tools like display labels, current line, average line, diagram text color, etc., to change the look of the spider chart.
- Log: This software keeps a log of all the monitoring activities which you can view by using this Log feature.
- Counters: It lets you edit, remove, and delete monitoring counters like processor time, processor usage, free disk, etc., from the spider chart.
It is a unique system performance monitoring software as it uses the spider chart to display system performance.
FreeMeter Lite is yet another free system performance monitoring software for Windows. It is a simple and lightweight software through which you can monitor basic system performance data like CPU usage, Disk usage, and Network Usage. To show the analysis data, it uses graphs in which you can view real-time performance data of your system. It also shows hard drive and drives partition free space.
- Meters: Using it, you can add more or remove existing graph panels like CPU graph, RAM graph, etc.
- Volumes: It allows you to add volumes or system drives section on the interface of this software.
It is simple and easy to use system performance monitoring software that anyone can use without much hassle.
We are the team behind some of the most popular tech blogs, like: I LoveFree Software and Windows 8 Freeware.More About Us
- November 2023
- October 2023
- September 2023
- August 2023
- July 2023
- June 2023
- May 2023
- April 2023
- March 2023
- February 2023
- January 2023
- December 2022
- November 2022
- October 2022
- September 2022
- August 2022
- July 2022
- June 2022
- May 2022
- April 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- January 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014