Here is a list of 5 Best Free DWG Viewer Software for Windows.
DWG (stands for Drawing) is a file extension for Autodesk AudoCAD software. It contains two and three dimensional design data and metadata. There are very limited DWG file viewer freeware available which can open DWG file.
You can use all these software to view DWG files with a clean output quality. Some of these software can let you view multiple DWG files and each of these software provide some of its unique features, such as: 3D view, Animation view, bookmark important files, view multiple DWG files, etc. Some of these software can also let you view other CAD files, such as: CSF, DWF, DWFX, FML, etc. These software can also convert DWG to PDF and other popular image file formats.
Lets check out each of these DWG file viewer with some of their useful details. Also try these Autocad viewer, CAD software, and 3D modeling software.
Here Are The 5 Best Free DWG Viewer Software for Windows:
Free DWG Viewer
Free DWG Viewer is a clean software which you can effectively use to open DWG file. It provides many useful features, some of the key features of this DWG file viewer are:
- It provides some handy viewing features, such as: zooming feature, Magnifier, Rotate/Mirror, etc.
- One of its unique feature is Animation View Changes which let you view DWG file in animated or better view.
- You can easily measure the DWG sheets and set the background color of the drawing sheets using this software
- It provides Model and Layout1 view of the DWG file.
- It also provides thumbnail preview and it can bookmark important drawing for later and quick view.
- It can let you view all DWG files from a folder one after another.
- It can let you add Watermark/ISO Banners.
- It can also save the selected view of DWG file in JPG file format.
- CSF, DWF, DWFX, DXF, and EMF files are some of the other file formats this software supports.
How to open a DWG file using this Free DWG Viewer:
Home Page Download Page
- Click on the File Menu of this software, a top down menu list will open.
- Click on the Open option in the top down menu.
- Browse the DWG file you want to open and open it.
DWG TrueView is DWG viewer which is developed by AutoDesk itself. It is a quality software and it provides some handy features, some of the key features of DWG TrueView are:
- It can let you view multiple DWG files simultaneously in 3D with many effective features.
- It provides some useful viewing features, such as: various 2D Wireframe view, Measure tools, Layers, etc.
- One of its unique feature I particularly like is that it can rotate the drawing easily in 3D view.
- It provides Model and Layout view of the DWG file.
- It can also convert DWG to PDF, DWF and DWFX file.
- Apart from DWG, it also supports DXF file format.
How to open a DWG file using DWG TruView:
Home Page Download Page
- Click on the File Open button on the top left corner of the software interface.
- A File Open window will open. Browse a DWG file in this Window and open it.
- You will see the output of the file you have opened on the software interface.
pCon.planner is a good DWG file viewing software and it comes with some handy features. Some of the effective features of this software are:
- It can open DWG file in 3D.
- It can let you view DWG file in four different views at the same time, views are: Top, Perspective, Front, and Right.
- It can also export DWG to PNG, BMP, JPG, TIF and EPX file formats.
- It can import various files as well.
- Apart from DWG file, you can use this software to view DXF, DWT, 3DS, FML, etc file formats.
How to open a DWG file by this free DWG viewer software:
Home Page Download Page
- Click on the File menu in the menu bar.
- A top-down options list will open. Select Open option from that list and browse for DWG file you want to open.
- You can see opened file in different views.
Ms Office AutoCad Pdf Psd Tiff Viewer Free
You can use Ms Office AutoCad Pdf Psd Tiff Viewer Free to open DWG file easily. It provides some useful features and supports a large number of file formats. Some of the key features of this DWG file viewer are:
- It let you view multiple DWG files at a time with a good output quality.
- It provides some handy viewing features, such as: rotating, flipping, bookmark feature, and zooming feature.
- It let you to set the background color of the DWG image.
- You can hide its file menu and Control Panel from its interface anytime to have a more clear view.
- It supports a large number of file formats, such as: DXF, TIFF, PSD, XLS, DOC, PPT, VSD, PDF, etc.
Note: To open this free DWG viewer, you need to right click on its executable file icon and select Run as administrator from context menu. Home Page Download Page
eDrawings is a fine software to open DWG file and DXF file with a nice viewing quality and with some quality viewing features. Some of the key features of this software are:
- It provides some useful viewing features and tools for viewing DWG file.
- I particularly like its animation feature which let you view the complete DWG sheets in animated way.
- It can add stamps on DWG file.
- It can also save the drawing in popular image file formats, such as: JPG, PNG, GIF, TIF, etc.
- It is also available for Mac OS and Mobile devices.
How to open a DWG file using this DWG file viewer:
- Click on the File option in the menu bar of the software interface.
- A drop down list will open. Select Open option in the drop down list and open the DWG file you want to view.
- You will see the output of the file you have open on the software interface.
Note: To use this free DWG viewer on Windows, you need to have 64-bit version of Windows OS. Home Page Download Page