Here is a list of best free MAC CDR editor software. Using these MAC CDR editor freeware, you can easily edit CDR files for free. Some of the basic editing can be applied to the CDR files with these freeware. Various tools, like: layers, paths, nodes, transformation tools, etc. can be put to use to edit CDR files. The only drawback with these software is that the edited CDR files cannot be saved in CDR format; it is due to the fact that CDR is a proprietary software of CorelDRAW. These freeware make up for this limitation by letting you save edited CDR files in other vector image formats, like: EPS, SVG, PDF, AI, DXF, EMF, etc.
Go through the list of best free MAC CDR editor to know more about them and also know How to Edit CDR on MAC with these freeware.
My Favorite MAC CDR Editor Software:
Out of the list of these amazing MAC CDR editor software for OS X, I like Inkscape the most. It is due to the fact that, it is quite feature rich and amazing CDR editor with a number of tools to help you edit CDR files. Some of these are quite useful as they help you keep the properties of CDR intact, like making use of paths, nodes, etc., thereby proving out to be quite useful during editing CDR files on OS X.
You can also check out the list of Best Free MAC CDR Viewer, Best Free CDR Editor for Windows, and Best Free MAC SVG Editor.
CDR files on MAC can be viewed and edited in Inkscape, but it only works if you have X11 or XQuartz installed on your system. Although it doesn’t let you save the edited CDR file as CDR, you can save it in various vector image formats and raster image formats as well, like: SVG, SVGZ, PDF, PNG, PS, EPS, EMF, WMF, POV, FX, ODG, TEX, DXF, GPL, XCF, HPGL, HTML, ZIP, PLT, SK1, FXG, XAML, SIF, TAR, etc.
It also contains a number of other editing tools as well to help you edit CDR files. You can easily choose to work around with paths, nodes, layers, gradients, and various other items quite easily. Some other tools are classified below:
- Layer tools: You have the freedom to add layers, rename layers, show/hide layers, lock/unlock layers, switch layers, move selections to layers, raise layer, lower layer, duplicate layer, and delete layers.
- Object tools: Use Fill, stroke, symbols, group, ungroup, clip, mask, pattern, rotate, flip, transform, align, distribute, and arrange options are available under object tools to edit CDR on MAC.
- Path tools: Object to path, layer to path, trace bitmap, trace pixel art, union, difference, intersection, exclusion, division, cut path, combine, break apart, inset, outset, dynamic offset, linked offset, simplify, reverse, etc. path options can be easily applied to CDR files.
- Filter tools: Some of filters options available are: bevels, blurs, bumps, color, distort, fill, transparency, image effects, image paint and draw, materials, morphology, 3D shaders, overlays, pixel tools, protrusions, ridges, scatter, shadows, glows, and textures.
- Extensions: Various other extensions are also available, like: arrange, color, export, gcode tools, generate from path, images, jessyink, raster, render, modify path, raster, render, stylesheet, text, typography, visualize path, and other extensions.
There are a number of keyboard shortcut options as well to help you easily access and use Inkscape to make the task of editing CDR files in Mac easier and faster. Home Page Download Page
LibreOffice is a good freeware office application and features a tool called LibreOffice Draw. Using LibreOffice Draw, you can choose to view and make minor editing to the CDR files. Though you are not allowed to save edited CDR file as CDR, you can choose the option to convert it into various other formats, like: EPS, SVG, GIF, JPEG, MET, PBM, PCT, PGM, PNG, PPM, HTML, XHTML, PDF, BMP, EMF, RAS, SVM, TIFF, WMF, and XPM.
There are a number of editing options to help you edit the CDR files, some of them being:
Home Page Download Page
- Modify options: Some of the modify options available, are: rotate, crop, flip, convert, arrange, align, etc. Elements added can also be converted to curve, polygon, contour, 3D, 3D rotation object, to bitmap, and to metafile.
- Object tools: Various objects and elements can be inserted into the CDR file, like: pages, slides, layers, snap point/line, special characters, formatting mark, hyperlink, image, media, chart, object, textbox, table, floating frame, etc.
- Formatting options: Character, paragraph, bullets and numbering, page/slide properties, etc. can be formatted.
- There are some other tools as well to help you edit some properties of CDR, like: character, area, fill, transparency, shadow, line, position, size, and rotation option.
- Point options are available to help you edit CDR in Mac, like: edit points, glue points, etc.
XnConvert is a good software that can be used to make some minor edits to CDR files on MAC. All CDR files may or may not open on this freeware. Only those CDR files are supported to edit on this software whose preview is generated. The best part about this freeware is that it lets you Batch Edit CDR files and Batch Convert CDR to other formats.
You can choose the option to make some minor edits to CDR files using inbuilt tools. Some of these being:
- Image Tools: Add mask, crop, deskew, canvas resize, change color depth, clean metadata, crop, extract channel, ICC convert, IPTC-IIM/XMP, mirror, replace color, resize, rotate, set DPI, text, vignetting, and watermark.
- Map Tools: Adjust, align histogram, contrast, balance, conbright, equalize, exposure, gamma-sat, HLS, levels, logarithmic lut, negative, normalize, normalize ex, posterize, saturation, sepia, shadow highlight, solarize, swap component, swap component, and temperature.
- Filters: Average, blur, edge detect, emboss, enhance, focus restoration, gaussian blur, maximum, median box, median cross, reduce noise, sharpen, and soften.
- Some other Misc tools: Add noise, band, bloom, border, border 3D, crystallize, de-interlace, fantasy, halftone, lens, mosaic, oil painting, old camera, photo spread, pointillize, retro, shear, slice, spread, swirl, symmetry, tile, and waves.
CDR files can also be converted or batch converted to many other formats, like: 92I, BMP, CIN, CSV, DCX, DDS, DIS, DPX, FTS, GIF, GRO, HDR, HRU, ICO, IFF, IMG, JIF, JP2, JPC, JPG, JXR, KRO, MBM, MIF, MTV, NGG, NLM, NOL, OTB, PAT, PBM, PCL, PCX, PDB, PDF, PGM, PI1, PIC, PIX, PNG, PNM, PPM, PRC, PS, PSD, QRT, RAD, RAW, RGB, RLA, SCT, TGA, TIF, VST, WBMP, WEBP, WRL, XBM, XPM, and YUV.
Different output settings can be changed for CDR files, like: output folder, filename options, and format. Also option can be chosen to convert multipage files to multipage files, convert all pages from multipage files, keep folder structure, keep original date and time attributes, preserve metadata, preserve color profile, and delete original.
How to Batch Edit CDR files on Mac using XnConvert:
Home Page Download Page App Store Page
- Open XnConvert.
- Select the folder that has CDR files you want to edit.
- Under the Actions tab click on Add action button and choose the actions that are to be applied to CDR files from the set of options: image, map, filter, and map.
- Select different output options where you can easily specify the output format, file naming options, and other options.
- Then click on convert button, after which CDR files are batch edited and converted to your specified file format.