6 Best Free Online Carbon Footprint Calculator Websites
Here is a list of best free online carbon footprint calculator websites. Carbon Footprint of a person is the amount of greenhouse gases (CO2, Methane, etc.) releases into the atmosphere because of his/her action. As you know greenhouse gases are the main cause of the rise of global temperature. As the temperature rises, the speed of polar ice caps increases and that rises the global sea level. Besides this, higher atmosphere temperature also causes frequent natural disasters. Thus, it is important for all individuals to reduce their existing carbon footprint. The first process of reducing your carbon footprint is to measure your existing carbon footprint. To do that, you need online carbon footprint calculator websites.
These websites ask various questions related to your habits like how much you travel, moves of traveling, household energy consumption, type of food you eat, what services your use, and more. After evaluating all the input parameters, these websites show your carbon footprint in terms of CO2 generated by your actions in a year. To help out new users, I have also included the steps of carbon footprint calculation in the description of each website. Some of these websites also show the steps you can take to reduce your carbon footprint like using electric vehicles, use of the solar panel, Installation of low-flow faucets, and more. Go through the list to know more about these websites.
My Favorite Online Carbon Footprint Calculator Website:
carbonfootprint.com is my favorite website as it can accurately calculate your carbon footprint based on all your activities like household energy consumption, traveling, use of services, etc. Plus, it also lets users compare their carbon footprint with the average carbon footprint of your country.
carbonfootprint.com is a free online carbon footprint calculator website. Using this website, users can calculate their complete carbon footprint. To do that, this website includes the energy and fuel consumption a user does on their house, flights, cars, bus & rail, and more. According to the provided energy consumption values on different things, this website calculates and shows the result in the form of CO2 all your activities have produced. It also helps compare your CO2 emission with the average emission of other countries. Now, follow the below steps.
How to calculate your carbon footprint online using carbonfootprint.com:
- Visit this website using the given link.
- After that, go to the House section and specify the number of people in your household, Electricity Consumption, Natural Oil Consumption, LPG Consumption, etc.
- Next, move to the Flights, Car, and Motorbike section and specify how much you have traveled this year using these mediums.
- Now, specify how much you have traveled through public transport.
- Lastly, move to the Results section to view your complete carbon footprint.
- This website is available in multiple languages such as English, French, Dutch, Spanish, and more.
It is one of the best free online carbon footprint calculator websites through which users can find out their overall carbon footprint based on their energy consumption on various things.
nature.org is another free online carbon footprint calculator website. It is another good website that helps users calculate their entire carbon footprint. To calculate the carbon footprint, this website needs household energy consumption, traveling distance covered using both private and public vehicles, amount and type of food you eat, the money you spent on various goods and services, etc. According to the submitted values, this website generates your carbon footprint in the form of CO2 you have produced in a year. Now, follow the below steps.
How to calculate your carbon footprint online using nature.org:
- Visit this website and open up the carbon footprint calculator.
- After that, go to the Get Started section and specify the number of households live in your house, gross income, and zip code.
- Next, go to the Travel Tab and add all the public and private vehicles you have used to travel past year. Besides this, users also need to specify the distance they have approximately traveled through different modes of transport.
- Now, move to the Home, Food, and Shopping tabs to specify the energy you have consumed in different forms.
- Lastly, go to the Your Footprint section to view your carbon footprint.
- Take Action: It is a useful feature that helps users take a bunch of carbon footprint-reducing actions like purchasing a more efficient vehicle, riding bike, carpooling to work, and more.
It is another good carbon footprint calculator website that anyone can use to find out their yearly carbon footprint.
epa.gov is another free online carbon footprint calculator website. This website is mainly designed to calculate the carbon footprint of users who are leaving in the United States. To calculate the overall carbon footprint of a user, it takes input from users in the form of Home Energy Consumption, Transport Energy Consumption, and Waste Energy Consumption. After the calculation, it shows the output in the form of Annual CO2 emissions (lbs.). Now, check out the below steps.
How to calculate your carbon footprint online using epa.gov:
- Go to this website and specify your zip code and number of people live in your house.
- Next, move to the Home Energy section and specify the primary heating source (natural gas, electricity, fuel oil, or propane). Users also need to specify the money they spend on their primary heating source.
- Now, move to the Transportation tab and input the number of vehicles your own and how much your travel on each vehicle along with the mileage of vehicles.
- After that, go to the Waste section and enter the average waste emission of your household.
- Finally, view your carbon footprint on the results panel.
- This website helps users on reducing their emissions in their daily life.
- This website also shows the environmental protection laws & regulations for different businesses.
It is another simple-to-use online carbon footprint calculator website that anyone can use to quickly calculate their carbon footprint
conservation.org is another free online carbon footprint calculator website. Through this website, users can find out the carbon footprint of themselves, their entire household, an event, and a trip. Like other similar websites, it also asks various questions related to household energy consumption, travel energy consumption, and transportation energy consumption. Based on the values entered by the users, it calculates and shows the carbon footprint in the form of CO per tonne. Now, check out the below steps.
How to calculate your carbon footprint online using conservation.org:
- Visit this website and choose the Myself option from the Complete Calculations for menu.
- After that, go to the Household section and specify the number of households your live with, size of the house, do you use clean energy, do your use recycled items, type of diet you have, etc.
- Next, go to the Transportation menu and specify the models of travel (Intercity, Bus, Metro, Car, etc.) and how much you usually travel through them.
- Now, move to the Travel section to specify how much distance your travel through flights.
- Lastly, click on the calculate button to view your carbon footprint.
- This website also offers all the news associated with climate change.
It is another good online carbon footprint calculator website that helps users accurately calculate their carbon footprint.
tatapower.com is yet another free online carbon footprint calculator website. Using this website, users can calculate their carbon foot from a specific day to current day. To perform the calculation, users need to provide various values related to Domestic Use and transportation such as Petrol Consumption, Diesel Consumption, Distance travelled in a local Train, Distance Travelled by bus, LPG cylinders used for cooking, and more. Based on the provided values, it calculates and provides your average annual carbon footprint. Now, follow the below steps.
How to calculate your carbon footprint online using tatapower.com:
- Visit this website using the given link.
- After that, enter all the transportation and Domestic use values as mentioned earlier.
- Lastly, view the calculated annual carbon footprint.
- This website also highlights all the sustainability developments done by tata power over the years.
It is another good online carbon footprint calculator website that anyone can use without much hassle.
coolclimate.berkeley.edu is the last free online carbon footprint calculator website. It is another capable website through which users can calculate their impact on nature in the form of the carbon footprint. In order to properly analyze and calculate the carbon footprint of a user this website needs various input values such as household energy consumption, traveling distance covered you using different vehicles, type of food you eat, the money you spent on various goods, and more. Now, follow the below steps.
How to calculate your carbon footprint online using coolclimate.berkeley.edu:
- Launch this website using the given link.
- Now, go to the Get Started section and then mention the number of households live in your house.
- After that, move to the Travel Tab and specify all the vehicles you have used to travel. Plus, travel covered by each vehicle needs to mention.
- Next, go to the Home, Food, and Shopping section to specify your energy consumption.
- Finally, view your carbon footprint by accessing the Your Footprint section.
- Take Action: This section shows a number of actions that you can take to reduce your carbon footprint such as the Installation of PV Panels, Installation of low-flow faucets, purchasing green electricity, and more.
It is another good online carbon footprint calculator website that considers all the aspects of your life to accurately figure out your carbon footprint.
We are the team behind some of the most popular tech blogs, like: I LoveFree Software and Windows 8 Freeware.More About Us
- August 2022
- July 2022
- June 2022
- May 2022
- April 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- January 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014