6 Best Free Online Earthquake Energy Calculator Websites
Here is a list of the best free online Earthquake Energy Calculator websites. Earthquakes are measured on the Richter scale. This scale gives you the magnitude of an earthquake; the more the magnitude the more severe the quake is. It can be hard for an average person to grasp the severity of an earthquake from its magnitude. Energy can help you assert the severity of an earthquake. We are talking about the amount of energy released by an earthquake.
You can easily calculate the energy of an earthquake from its magnitude. This post covers 6 websites where you can do that. These websites feature simple calculators where you can enter the magnitude of an earthquake and calculate its energy. The calculators provide the energy in joules. But it is the equivalent comparisons of these calculators that show the real harshness of an earthquake. All these calculators compare the calculated earthquake energy to equivalent TNT or past incidents like Hiroshima, Nagasaki, the largest nuclear test, etc. Some of these calculators can also calculate the magnitude of an earthquake from the energy. You can go through the post and check these out yourself.
My Favorite Online Earthquake Energy Calculator
OmniCalculator.com is my favorite website for calculating earthquake energy online. The calculator on this website just not only gives you the numbers. Instead, it compares the calculated energy to known past incidents. This can help you grasp the actual scope of the energy of an earthquake.
|Name||Magnitude to Energy||Energy to Magnitude||Equivalent Comparision||Compare 2 Earthquakes|
|OmniCalculator.com||✓||x||TNT, Hiroshima, etc.||✓|
OmniCalculator.com is a popular website that provides free online calculators for a wide range of topics and subjects. It has an Earthquake Calculator that tells you the energy of an earthquake from the magnitude. As soon as you type in the magnitude, it shows the energy in joules. From there, you can change the energy unit to KiloJoules, MegaJoules, or Foot-Pounds and get the calculation in the respective unit. Along with that, the calculator also compares the calculated energy to well-known incidents such as Hiroshima, and Nagasaki, the largest nuclear test, the largest volcanic eruption, etc. The provides a scale to easily understand the scale of the earthquake’s energy. This calculator has a compare section where you can add the magnitude of 2 earthquakes and compare their energy.
How to calculate earthquake energy online on OmniCalculator?
- Open this Earthquake Calculator on the OmniCalculator website using the link given below.
- Enter the Magnitude of the earthquake for which you want to calculate the energy.
- This gives you the earthquake-equivalent energy in joules.
- This calculator calculates the energy in joules.
- You can convert the calculated energy into KiloJoules, MegaJoules, and Foot-Pounds.
- It shows the Energy release equivalent to TNT, Hiroshima, Nagasaki, The largest nuclear test, Volcano eruption, and The largest earthquake.
- You can also compare the energy of two earthquakes with this calculator.
Keisan.casio.com is a website that provides a variety of free online calculators for high-precision calculations. The website is provided by Casio Computer Co., Ltd. The calculators available on the website cover various topics such as mathematics, geometry, probability, and regression. It has a Seismic Energy Calculator that can help you find the energy of an earthquake. The calculator has two options at the beginning; Magnitude and Energy. This is for the input section. You can select the magnitude and enter the value to get the energy. Same way, you can select the energy and enter the value to get the magnitude. Along with the magnitude and energy, the calculator also shows the TNT equivalent of the calculated value.
How to calculate earthquake energy online on Keisan.casio.com?
- Go to this Seismic Energy Calculator on the Casio website. A link is provided below.
- Select the Magnitude as input and enter the value.
- Then click the Execute button to get the result.
- This calculator can calculate an earthquake’s energy from magnitude and vice versa.
- It shows the energy in joules and TNT equivalent.
EasyCalculation.com provides a variety of free online calculators for different purposes. It has an Earthquake Energy Calculator that you can use to find the TNT tonnage/power equivalent to the Earthquake magnitude. The calculator is made of three sections:
- Earthquake Energy Release: Calculates earthquake’s energy from magnitude.
- Richter Scale Comparison: Compares two earthquakes of different levels of magnitude.
- Earthquake = Hiroshima: Compares earthquake energy to Hiroshima incident.
The Earthquake Energy Release section takes the magnitude as input and compares it to the TNT equivalent. Below that, it shows the formula where you can get the energy in joules as well.
How to calculate earthquake energy online on EasyCalculation?
- Use the link given below to open this calculator in your browser.
- Select the Earthquake Energy Release section and enter the magnitude of the earthquake.
- Then click the Calculate button to get the energy.
- This calculator can perform 3 calculations; Earthquake Energy Release, Richter Scale Comparison, and Earthquake = Hiroshima.
- The Earthquake Energy Release calculator shows the energy in joules and TNT equivalent.
EarthAlabama.com is a website that provides information about earthquakes and seismic activity in Alabama. The website offers a variety of resources related to earthquakes, including a real-time seismicity map of Heflin, Alabama, earthquake detail reports, and discussions, as well as an earthquake energy calculator. The calculator here helps you calculate how much energy is converted or released in an earthquake. You can simply enter the magnitude of the earthquake and the calculator gives you the energy in joules. It calculates Seismic Energy in Waves Radiated from Earthquake Source and Total Seismic Moment Energy. You get both these calculations in joules. Below that, it has a table that shows the calculated seismic energy approximated in everyday equivalent measures such as how long it can power the USA, equal to Hoover Dam output, Tons of TNT, Sticks of Dynamite, etc.
How to calculate earthquake energy online on EarthAlabama?
- Follow the link given below to access this calculator directly in your browser.
- Enter the Earthquake Magnitude value into the table there.
- Click Compute or press Return/Enter on keyboard.
- This gets you the energy level comparisons in various equivalent measures.
- This calculator calculates the earthquake energy in joules.
- It calculates Seismic Energy in Waves Radiated from Earthquake Source and Total Seismic Moment Energy.
- You can use this calculator to calculate an earthquake’s magnitude from energy as well.
- It compares the calculated seismic energy approximated in everyday equivalent measures.
MyMathTables.com is a website that provides a variety of resources related to math, including printable multiplication tables, PDF times table charts, and other resources. The website also has online calculators covering various topics. It has a Richter Tons of TNT Explosion Table Calculator. It starts with a table that shows Tons of TNT Explosion on a Richter scale ranging from 1.0 to 10.5. Below that, you get a calculator where you can enter the magnitude of an earthquake and get the energy released in joules as well as the TNT equivalent.
How to calculate earthquake energy online on MyMathTables?
- Go to this table+calculator on the MyMathTables website using the link provided below.
- Scroll down to the bottom and enter the magnitude there.
- Then click the Calculate button to get the energy.
- This calculator calculates the energy of the earthquake in joules.
- It has a table that shows the energy equivalent of the Richter scale from 1.0 to 10.5.
WolframAlpha.com is a computational knowledge engine that generates output by doing computations from the Wolfram Knowledgebase. You can search for any calculations or calculator on the website and in most cases, you get one. For an earthquake’s energy calculation, it has a Richter scale magnitude calculator. You can use this calculator to calculate energy from magnitude and magnitude from energy. It has a toggle to choose what to calculate. Based on that, you have to provide the required input value to get the results. In the case of energy calculation from magnitude, it shows the energy in joules. It also compares the energy to the equivalent mass of TNT.
How to calculate earthquake energy online on WolframAlpha?
- Search for the “Richter scale magnitude calculator” on WolframAlpha or use the direct link given below to open this calculator.
- Set the calculation for “equivalent energy” and enter the value of magnitude.
- Then click the Compute button to get the earthquake’s energy equivalent.
- This calculator can calculate earthquake energy from magnitude and vice versa.
- It compares the calculated energy to the equivalent mass of TNT.
Frequently Asked Questions
An Earthquake Energy Calculator is a tool used to estimate the amount of energy released during an earthquake event.
Calculating earthquake energy helps scientists and engineers understand the intensity of seismic events and assess their potential impact.
Earthquake energy is often measured in terms of seismic magnitude, such as the Richter scale or the moment magnitude scale (Mw).
The Richter scale is a logarithmic scale that quantifies the magnitude of an earthquake, which is a key factor in determining its energy release.
Yes, if there is sufficient data available, you can estimate the energy released during historical earthquake events.
While earthquake energy calculations provide estimates, accuracy depends on the quality and completeness of the data used.
No, earthquake energy calculators analyze and quantify the energy released during past earthquake events; they do not predict future earthquakes.
Earthquake energy is often measured in joules or other energy units.
Yes, there are online tools and software that can help you calculate earthquake energy based on available data.
We are the team behind some of the most popular tech blogs, like: I LoveFree Software and Windows 8 Freeware.More About Us
- September 2023
- August 2023
- July 2023
- June 2023
- May 2023
- April 2023
- March 2023
- February 2023
- January 2023
- December 2022
- November 2022
- October 2022
- September 2022
- August 2022
- July 2022
- June 2022
- May 2022
- April 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- January 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014