7 Best Free Online Molecule Viewer Websites
Here is a list of best free online molecule viewer websites. A molecule or molecular file contains data about atoms, residues, segment names, occupancy, beta factor, coordinate sets, etc., of a molecular structure. There are many types of molecule files such as PDB, SDF, CDX, CDXML, and more. If you want to view and analyze the molecular structure present in a molecule file, then check out these online molecule viewer websites. All of these websites are completely free to use. Plus, users can access them from anywhere without much hassle.
On these websites, users can load one molecule file to view the molecular structure. To show molecular structure, most websites employes 3D or three-dimensional approach. Although a few websites still use the 2D approach to show molecular structure. All the basic interaction tools are present in all these websites through which users can rotate, move, and zoom in on a molecule structure. Besides this, users can also find advanced tools like Anaglyph Stereo, Data Viewer, Show Symmetry, etc., tools to view a molecular structure. Through some websites, users can also change the molecular structure type, background color, highlight specific atom types, and more. After viewing a molecule structure, users can export them in PDB, FBX, MDL, SMD, etc., formats.
These websites also come with additional tools that may come in handy. Using additional tools, users can measure molecular structure, take screenshots, render stricture, and more. Go through the list to know more about these websites.
My Favorite Online Molecule Viewer Website:
webmo.net is my favorite website as it supports molecule files of multiple formats. Plus, it also offers all the essential tools to view and analyze a molecule structure.
webmo.net is a free online molecular viewer website. Using this website, users can easily view molecular designs present in PDB and SDF file formats. It also offers multiple engines to calculate and show molecular design such as Gaussian, Molpro, Molpac, Tinker, QChem, etc. Plus, a dedicated Molecule Viewer section is also present in it. Now, check out the primary features of this website.
- Molecule Viewer: It is the primary viewer of this website in which users can view the molecule structure present in the molecule file. It also offers tools to move structure and zoom in on the molecule.
- Show Symmetry Elements: Use it to view the symmetry elements of a molecule structure.
- Calculate: Using this tool, users can calculate molecular orbitals, electron density, electrostatic potential, and more.
- Data Viewer: It is another handy tool that allows users to view all the data associated with a molecule file.
- Preferences: It contains multiple options through which users can orbital colors, molecule colors, isosurface value, and more.
- Cleanup: It offers advanced tools through which users can generate bonds, optimize structure mechanics, add hydrogens, etc.
It is one of the best free online molecule websites in which users can easily view and analyze molecular structures.
Jena3D Viewer is another free online molecule viewer website. As the name of this website suggests, it shows molecule structure in 3D format. I also like its ability to support molecule files of various formats such as PDB, mmCif, CIF, CML, MOL, XYZ, and more. Now, check out the main features of this website.
- 3D Viewer: After loading a molecule file, a 3D viewer will open up showing the molecular structure in multiple colors. users can easily interact with the 3D viewer to rotate the structure and zoom in on the structure.
- Rendering: Use it to change the rendering type of the structure from various available ones such as Cartoon, Ribbon, Strands, backbone, Trace, etc.
- Atom Selection: It is a handy tool through which users can highlight specific atoms of a molecule structure such as Protein, Nucleic, Backbone, Sidechain, Solvent, etc.
- Graphic Window: use it to manually change the size of the 3D viewer window.
- This website offers multiple additional features like script support, background coloring, molecule coloring, and more.
It is another capable online molecule viewer website through which users can easily highlight atoms of different types.
molsoft.com is a free online molecule viewer website. Using this website, users can load any molecule file in the form of a PDB file format. After loading a PDB, file, users can closely analyze the molecular structure. Now, check out the main features of this website.
- 3D Molecular Structure: On this website, users can view the 3-dimensional molecular structure of a molecule file. Plus, it also shows different elements of a molecule in distinct colors.
- Interact and Zoom: This website also lets users interact with molecular structure through the mouse. Besides this, it also lets users zoom in on molecules for closer inspection.
- Anaglyph Stereo: This feature creates a copy of the existing molecular structure.
- Rocking: Once enabled, this feature automatically rocks or moves the direction of molecular structure.
- Display: Use it to view molecular structure in multiple ways like Wire Mode, CPK Mode, Ball & Stick Mode, etc.
- Labels: It adds atomic labels over the molecular structure.
- This website offers multiple additional features through which users can change background color, measure molecular structure, capture molecules in the form of an image, and more.
It is a feature-rich online molecule viewer website through which users can easily view and analyze molecular structures.
Miew is a free open source online molecular viewer website. This website shows molecular data in beautiful 3D format. Although, it only supports molecule files of the PDB format. It comes with multiple display modes and displays color modes that users can easily toggle. Plus, essential rotate and zoom features are also present in it. Now, check out the main features.
- 3D Molecular View: This website shows molecule structure in three-dimensional form.
- Model Interaction: This website also lets users interact with molecule structures. Plus, it also lets users select a part of the molecule structure to view the number of atoms present in the selected part and the type of part selected.
- Display Modes: This website offers multiple display modes to view a molecular structure such as Lines, Balls, Trace, Tube, Text, and more.
- Display Color Presets: It comes with many display color presets to view a structure like a Sequence, Chain, Uniform, Temperature, Occupance, and more.
- Export: Use it to export the molecule file in FBX file format.
- This website offers many additional features like screenshot, get URL, save settings, render settings, and more.
It is another good online molecular viewer website through which users can easily view and analyze molecules and molecular structures.
rcsb.org is another free online molecular viewer website. Through this website, users can view molecular structures present in molecular files of various formats like SDF, PDB, MRC, MAP, and more. Now, check out the main features of this website.
- 3D View: This website shows a 3D view of molecular structure.
- Interaction and Analysis: This website lets users interact with molecular structure and closely analyze it using the zoom feature.
- Components: Using it, users can select a part of the structure and view all its components.
- Export: Use it to export the molecule structure in compressed zip format.
- Measurement: This section carries tools to measure and distance between molecular structures.
- Export Animation: This feature create a basic movement animation and lets users export it in the MP4 video format.
It is another good online molecular website in which users can easily view and analyze molecule files.
PubChem Sketcher is yet another free online molecule viewer website. This website shows the molecular structure in 2D format. It also shows molecule and atom names with the molecule structure. Besides this, it can also be used to edit the existing molecular models. Now, take a look at the primary features of this website.
- Various Molecule File Support: This website supports molecule files of various formats like PDB, SDF, MDL, CDX, and more.
- Molecule Viewer: It is the main viewer in which users can view the molecular structure contained in a molecule file in 2D file format along with added molecule information.
- Editing: To edit the existing molecule structure, it offers various molecule bonds, molecule shapes, elements, etc., tools.
- Export: After viewing and editing a molecule structure, users can export it in various formats like MDL, INCHL, SMD, JME, PNG, etc., file formats.
It is another good online molecule viewer website that not only lets users view but also modifies the molecule structure.
EzMol is the last free online molecule viewer website. On this website, users can easily view molecule files of PDB and EZM format. After loading a molecule file, just press the Submit button to view the molecular structure. Now, check out the primary features of this website.
- On-screen model interaction tools: This website offers multiple on-screen tools to rotate, move, enlarge, roll, and rock the molecule model.
- Side Chains: Use it to highlight the side chains of a molecular structure in various colors.
- Style: Through this tool, users can change the structure backbone type from various available ones like Cartoon, Stick, Hide, etc.
- Surfaces: Use it to manually adjust the molecular structure surface type, color, and transparency.
- Through the additional tools of this website, users can render the structure, change the color of individual residues, change the structure background color, and more.
It is another good molecule viewer website that anyone can use without much hassle.
We are the team behind some of the most popular tech blogs, like: I LoveFree Software and Windows 8 Freeware.More About Us
- January 2023
- December 2022
- November 2022
- October 2022
- September 2022
- August 2022
- July 2022
- June 2022
- May 2022
- April 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- January 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014