5 Best Free Botnet Detection Software For Windows
Here is a list of best free botnet detection software for Windows. A botnet is basically a network of connected computers which attack target systems to spam people, steal personal their data, and to do many other illicit activities. It is mostly used for distributed denial of service attack. When affected by such attack, the targeted computer starts behaving like a part of the botnet. Spam emails and remote servers are two main sources from which your system can get infected by botnet malware. In order to detect botnet malware on your system, you need botnet detection software.
In most cases, the listed botnet detection software are antivirus software which can also detect botnet malware and bot codes. Not just detect, but they can also neutralize botnet malware. Apart from the botnet, these software can also detect and remove many types of viruses, malware, spyware, etc. By scanning your system through these software, you can easily find out any existing botnet malware or any other harmful program in your system. After successfully detecting botnet malware, you can either remove them or send them to quarantine from where they cannot affect your system. Other additional features like web protection, system cleaner, VPN, safe shopping, etc., are also present in these antivirus plus botnet detection software.
A few of these software are either dedicated botnet detection software or based on firewall protection. In general, all of these are capable of detecting botnets. Go through the list to find your favorite botnet detection software which suits your needs.
My Favorite Botnet Detection Software for Windows:
Quick Heal BOT Removal Tool is my favorite software because it is a dedicated botnet detection software. Plus, it is also capable of removing most botnet malware.
Avira is also good as it acts as a complete antivirus for your system.
Quick Heal BOT Removal Tool
Quick Heal BOT Removal Tool is a free portable botnet detection software for Windows. It is a dedicated botnet detection and removal software that protects your system from botnet attack and from becoming a part of a botnet network. To protect your system against botnet, it scans your system for bot codes which force your system to become a botnet. After finding the bot codes, it permanently removes them from your system.
- Quick Scan: This is a scanning feature that only scans those parts of your system which are more vulnerable and commonly known for hiding bot codes. As it scans a small part of the system, hence it takes quite less time to complete the scan.
- Full Scan: This scanning feature scans each and every part of the system and is capable of detecting almost all bot codes. However, it also takes a lot of time to complete the scanning process.
- Customized Scan: This feature lets you manually select certain areas of the system in which you think bot codes are residing.
As it is a dedicated botnet removal tool, it does not protect your system from other viruses and malware.
It is one of the best botnet detection and removal software that you can easily use for detection and removal of botnet from your system.
Avira is a free botnet detection software for Windows, MacOS, Android, and iOS. This software automatically detects all the botnet malware in your system and disables them to take control of your computer and to do any illicit activity. This software also keeps an eye on your network and protects your system from both botnet attacks and from other network vulnerabilities. Apart from detecting botnets, this software also protects your system from viruses, malware, phishing, and rootkits.
Main features of this botnet detection software:
- Quick Scan: Using it, you can manually scan your system for existing bot codes, viruses, malware, and other threats present in your system. After scanning the system, it provides a list of malicious programs which you can permanently remove or send to quarantine.
- Network Scan: This feature continuously scans your network and keep it safe from botnet attack. Besides this, it also fixes many network vulnerabilities.
- Home Guard: It is a free extension for Google Chrome, installed by this software to let you view all devices connected in your network.
- Phantom VPN: As its name suggests, it is a VPN service of this software that allows you to create a secure connection over the internet and also helps you shield your browsing activity from tracking bots. However, in this free version of this software, you have a VPN usage limit of 1GB per month.
- Safe Shopping: This feature shortlists good shopping sites and deals and eliminates untrustworthy ones.
- System Speedup: It is basically a system cleanup feature that unloads all the unnecessary data from the memory and also removes all junk from your system.
- Privacy Pal: It is another handy software that helps you remove all the digital traces of your activities like chat logs, browsing history, cache, etc.
- Browser Safety: It is also an extension for Google Chrome that protects you from various websites which may steal your data and passwords.
In this free version of Avira, you get some limitations in certain features. Plus, some advanced features like online account protection, identity theft protection, etc., are completely disabled. You can upgrade to its pro version if you need more security features.
It is a simple and beautifully designed botnet detection software that keeps your network and system safe from botnet malware, viruses, phishing attacks, and other malicious programs.
Note: While installing Avira, it asks for the installation of third party software which you can take care of.
Avast Free Antivirus
Avast Free Antivirus is another free botnet detection software for Windows, iOS, and Android. It is a popular antivirus software that can also detect and remove botnets and other types of malware from your system.
How to detect and remove botnets using Avast Free Antivirus:
To detect and remove botnets using it, you need to manually start the scan by clicking on the Run Smart button. After completing the scan, you get a list of all the detected infections, botnets, viruses, etc., on its interface. In the list, you can also view the actual names of botnets and viruses along with their locations in your system. Now, you can either permanently delete all the detected botnet malware or you can send them to quarantine area from where they cannot affect your system in any way.
- Wi-Fi Inspector: Using this feature, you can scan your home or public networks for vulnerabilities. Plus, it helps you find out all the devices which are connected in your network.
- Core Shields: It lets you enable (or disable) defense mechanisms of this software namely File Shield (it scans newly added files), Behavior Shield (it detects and warn you about suspicious activities), Web Shield (blocks web attacks), Mail Shield (it blocks dangerous emails).
- Password Manager: It lets you securely store and manage all your passwords.
- SecureLine VPN: It is a VPN service that you can use to browse privately.
- Performance: It is a section that provides various performance enhancement tools like cleanup (to remove all the junk files), software updater (to update old software of your system), driver updater (it keeps all drivers up to date), etc.
In this free version of Avast, features such as webcam shield, data shredder, sensitive data shield, fake website protection, and some more features are locked. To unlock all its features, you need to purchase the paid version of this software.
It is another very good software to scan and eliminate botnet, malware, viruses, and other security threats. Plus, its interface is also quite user-friendly that enables you to easily use all of its features without any problem.
Trend Micro RUBotted
Trend Micro RUBotted is yet another free botnet detection software for Windows. It is another dedicated software that automatically scans your system for botnets. In most cases, it automatically removes all the botnet malware. However, in some cases, you may need an external Trend Micro HouseCall software to remove botnet malware. The main advantage of this software is its ability to automatically and continuously scan for botnet malware. On its interface, you can view all the botnets detected by this software.
- Log: In this tab, you can view a list of all detected botnet malware with botnet malware name and clean up result (it shows all the deleted and remaining botnets of your system).
- Status: In the status tab of this software, it shows whether this software is monitoring your system for botnets or not.
It is a simple, effective, and lightweight botnet detection software that can also work with other antivirus software without stressing your system.
FreeFirewall is the next free botnet detection software for Windows, MacOS, and Linux. It is primarily a virus protection and firewall software that can also detect and block botnet malware. As a firewall software, it restricts internet access of all the programs of your computer and let you decide which programs can access the internet and which programs can’t. Whenever it detects any suspicious internet access by any program, it shows a popup notification. In most cases, a botnet malware also accesses the internet while running in the background. As soon as this software detects that the internet is accessed by a botnet or any other application which is running in the background, it shows you its port number in the popup notification. After that, you can block the botnet from accessing the internet and prevent botnet attack.
- Applications: It shows all the running applications which are using the internet or asking you to use the internet. From this section, you can allow or deny any application from accessing the internet.
- Services: It is similar to the Applications, but instead of showing the running applications, it shows all the running background services and suspicious botnets which are accessing the internet. From this section, you can manually deny internet access for any service or botnet.
- Telemetry: Software development companies use telemetry to collect information about your system. If you don’t want to share any information about your system and your activities, then you can block telemetry through this feature.
- Block web tracking: Many websites and search engines use bots and trackers to track your browsing and shopping behavior over the internet. By using this feature, you can block all bots and trackers from keeping track of your activities.
- WebSpeedup: It is another handy feature that blocks all unimportant parts of web pages like nicer fonts, graphics, etc., to save internet bandwidth and speed up the webpage loading speed.
It is a feature rich and nicely designed botnet detection software through which you can detect and block botnets and their activities. However, this software cannot remove botnets from your system.
We are the team behind some of the most popular tech blogs, like: I LoveFree Software and Windows 8 Freeware.More About Us
- September 2021
- August 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014