10 Best Free Cloud backup Services
Here is a list of best free cloud backup services. All of these are online cloud services that you can access from anywhere and quickly upload all the backup data to them. Apart from data backup, you can also store individual files, images, videos, and more in these cloud backup software. A few of these services also offer their desktop clients to synchronize data and directly send backup files to cloud storage from the context menu. The process of uploading data backup to cloud storage is quite simple in all these systems. After storing backup to these cloud software, you can also preview the backup files, images, and text documents. In some of these services, you can also edit the text-based documents.
These cloud backup software also offer many management features through which you can categorize data, sort data, and search data. Another good thing about these services is their quick retrival features that let you download back data to your local storage. These cloud backup software also let you share data and files with other users through shareable links. Plus, options to share images on social media websites are also provided by some services. I have mentioned all the key features of each software to help you choose the most suitable cloud backup software for yourself. Go through the list to know more about these services.
My Favorite Cloud Backup Services:
IDrive is my favorite service because it lets you connect and take backup data from multiple systems. Plus, it can also be used to synchronize data between a local system and its cloud storage.
OneDrive is another good service that you can try if you want to securely store backup data to cloud storage.
Google Drive is another good option as you can backup up to 15GB data in its free plan.
IDrive is a free cloud backup service. This service also offers a desktop client that you can install to your system to synchronize and take the backup of your system. It also lets you connect multiple systems that enable you to take the backup of multiple systems without much hassle. In it, you also get sharing features through which you can share your data with other users. Now, check out its main features.
- Cloud Backup: In this section, you can view all the systems connected with this service and at any time, you can select a system and start the data backup process.
- Sync and Cloud Storage: Using it, you can manually select and upload specific data and files to cloud storage. Other than that, you can also use it to synchronize a specific folder or directory with the cloud storage. It also offers features to download, sort, and delete data.
- Dashboard: On its dashboard, you can view all the sync data with one or more systems. Plus, options to adjust backup and alert settings are also present in it.
- Share: Use it to share uploaded data and documents with other users. At the time of data sharing, you can also grant editing permissions for users.
- In this free version of this service, you can only store backup data of up to 5 GB.
It is one of the best free cloud backup services that offer a good set of data backup and synchronization features.
OneDrive is another free cloud backup service. It is mainly an online storage service in which you can also backup all your data, documents, media, pictures, etc. Besides this, it also lets you access and use various Microsoft productivity services such as OneNote, Excel, etc. Let’s take a brief look at the main features of this cloud backup service.
- My Files: It is the primary data storage and backup area. In it, you can create multiple folders and store the backup data in them. Plus, a good set of data management features such as categorize documents, soft documents, search documents, etc., are also present in it.
- Photos: It is a dedicated section to storage and manage media files (pictures, videos, etc.). In it, you can also preview images, run slideshow, and delete images.
- Personal Vault: In it, you can securely store all your sensitive documents and data files as it adds a two-step verification layer over the data.
- Share: Use it to share data and files with other users. It also gives you options to add permissions such as can edit, cannot edit, etc., at the time of sharing.
- Version History: It is an advanced feature through which you can view different edited versions of stored documents.
- In this free version of OneDrive, you can only backup data of up to 5GB.
It is another good cloud backup service in which you can backup and store all types of data.
Google Drive is the next free cloud backup service. It also acts as a cloud data storage service in which you can store and manage various types of data such as pictures, documents, files, and more. Plus, at any time, you can download all the backup data or share the data with other users. Now, check out the main features of this service.
- My Drive: It is the primary section through which you can upload all your backup to cloud storage. In it, you can also categorize backup data by dividing them into separate folders. Plus, other management features like search, download, delete, preview, etc., are also present in it.
- Google Services Integration: This service also lets you use other Google services (Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc.) to edit backup documents.
- Activity: It is another handy feature through which you can track all your uploaded backup data and files.
- Share: It lets you share documents and data with other users with added permissions such as can edit, can view, can comment, etc.
- In this free version of Google Drive, you only store backup data of up to 15 GB.
It is another capable cloud backup service that also offers a good set of data management features.
Dropbox is yet another free cloud backup service. This service is also used as a cloud data storage service. Using it, you can easily upload and backup all your data, files, pictures, videos, etc. to the Dropbox cloud. It also offers an inbuilt editor to edit text-based documents. Like most other similar services, it also lets you share your data with other users. Let’s take a brief look at the main features of this service.
- Upload Files: Using it, you can easily upload all the backup of your system to Dropbox. You can also use the Dropbox desktop add to directly backup data from the context menu.
- Home: In it, you can view all the backup data and files that you can also preview using its inbuilt text and photo viewers.
- Search: Use it to quickly find data and documents by their names.
- Version History: It is a handy feature through which you can view all the versions of stored documents within this service.
- Share: According to its name, it is used to share documents and data with other users.
- Apps Store: Using the apps store, you can integrate various third-party services with Dropbox such as Zoom, Trello, etc.
- In this free version of Dropbox, you can only store backup of up to 5 GB.
It is a straightforward cloud backup software in which you can store all types of backup data.
OpenDrive is the next free cloud backup service. Through this service, you can easily backup documents, pictures, music files, etc., to OpenDrive cloud. Not only you can backup data through this service, but also categorize and manage backup data. You can directly drag and drop data to this service to create a backup. Now, check out its main features.
- Files: In this section, you can directly drag and drop data from your system. To categorize backup data, it offers four predefined sub-sections namely Documents, Music, Pictures, and Public Folder. After backing up the data, you can preview and move the data between subsections. In the case of text-based documents, it also allows editing.
- Share: Using it, you can share data in the form of shareable links and email.
- Users: This service also lets you add multiple users that can also view, manage, and edit the backup data.
- Notes: Use it to create short notes that you can also share with others.
- This free version of OpenDrive only lets you upload backup data of up to 5 GB.
It is another capable cloud backup service in which you can store all types of data.
Degoo is a free AI-based cloud photo storage service that can also be used as a cloud backup service. Using it, you can easily upload all your backup files without much hassle. At any time, you can download back data and share backup files with others. Now, check out its main features.
- Moments: Through this section, you can upload photos and backup files to this cloud backup service.
- Files: All the uploaded files can be viewed in this section. It also offers multiple subsections like music, documents, gallery, etc., to categorize the uploaded data.
- Preview: In the case of uploaded images, you can also preview them using the inbuilt image previewer.
- Share: This service lets you directly share images to social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Telegram, etc.
- Shared: It is a handy feature that shows all the images that you have shared on different social media platforms.
- In this free version of Degoo, you have some feature restrictions as compare to its premium plans, like up to 100 GB of cloud storage, 90 days account inactivity, etc. Check its official website to know more about its limitations.
It is a beautifully designed cloud backup service that you can easily use.
Jottacloud is another free cloud backup service. It is primarily used to store the photo backup. Although, you can also store the backup of standard files and data in it. Let’s take a brief look at the main features of this cloud backup software.
- File: Through this section, you can upload backup data and synchronize a directory with this service. After uploading the backup, you can view all the backup files in this section as well.
- Bilder: It is a dedicated section to store the backup of photos as it also lets you preview uploaded images. Plus, you can also create multiple photo albums in it.
- Share: Use it to quickly share your photos to Facebook and Twitter.
- In this free version of Jottacloud, you can also upload a backup of up to 5 GB.
It is a simple to use cloud backup service that anyone can use without much hassle.
SimpleBackups is a free cloud backup service. Using it, you can take backup of websites, data, and databases. Although, you need to create a new server and connect it to this service to store the backup. To establish the connection between this service and server, it offers a dedicated command. Other than servers, you can also connect this service with online storage services like DropBox, Google Drive, etc. Now, check out its main features.
- Backups: It is the main backup section through which you can quickly take backup and store it in the connected servers. To backup standard files, documents, etc., you need to choose its File Backup option. Now to backup the database, you need to select the Database Backups option.
- Storage: In it, you can view the status of connected storage servers and online storage services. From this section, you can also disconnect servers from this service if you want.
- This free version of SimpleBackups does not offer its own cloud storage to keep the backup.
It is a good cloud backup service that you can connect to multiple servers and store backup data on them.
My Icedrive is yet another free cloud backup service. It is a standard cloud storage service in which you can also save backup consisting of all types of data, files, media, etc. Now, check out its main features.
- Add New: Using it, you can upload all types of backup data to the cloud storage of this service.
- My Icedrive: In this section, you can view all the uploaded backup data. It also lets you preview and edit text-based documents.
- Share: This service lets you share backup data through a public sharable link. A shared item option to share the data with other Icedrive users are also present in it.
- This free version of My Icedrive, you can only save backup data of up to 10 GB.
It is a simple yet very capable cloud backup service that you can easily use.
Skyvia is one more free cloud backup service. Unlike other standard cloud backup services, it is used to take the backup from other online data storage services such as Google Drive Dropbox, etc. Now, check out its main features.
- Connections: Before starting the backup process, you need to use this section to establish a connection between other cloud storage services and this service. After establishing the connection, you can start the backup process.
- Backups: Using it, you can either synchronize or create backup of data stored in connected online storage service. After the completion of the backup, you can view a backup folder that shows the number of backup files and data.
- Query: Using it, you can run SQL queries to fetch information from connected online database services.
- Through this free version of this Skyvia, you can backup data of 1GB per month. Plus, it cannot back up all types of data like images and videos.
It is another decent cloud backup service that you can use to backup data stored on other online cloud storage services.
We are the team behind some of the most popular tech blogs, like: I LoveFree Software and Windows 8 Freeware.More About Us
- October 2023
- September 2023
- August 2023
- July 2023
- June 2023
- May 2023
- April 2023
- March 2023
- February 2023
- January 2023
- December 2022
- November 2022
- October 2022
- September 2022
- August 2022
- July 2022
- June 2022
- May 2022
- April 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- January 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014