8 Best Free Cloud Journal Services
Here is a list of best free cloud journal services. As these are cloud services, thus you can easily store your journals on cloud and access them from anywhere. To start creating journals, first, you need to create an account of these services which is quite simple. In some services, you can also use your existing Google account to register and log in.
To create a Journal, you get a simple writing area in all services that let you write your ideas, daily interactions, goals without offering distracting options. Although, necessary writing features are still available such as Headings (H1, H2, etc.), Paragraph, Bold, Underline, Bullet Points, etc. In addition to that, you can also find an insert image feature in most services to add images to your journals.
After writing a journal, you can easily save it in the cloud of these services. Still, you will find export or save options in some services, that let you locally save your journal in TXT and PDF formats. I also like the ability of these services to share your journals with other users. Through some services, you can even share editable journals with others. Some services also offer unique features that allow you to add icons, emoticons, etc., to your journals. Go through the list to know more about these cloud journal services.
My Favorite Cloud Journal Service:
appsoftware Journals is my favorite software because it offers all the essential features to create and maintain journals. Plus, it does not impose limitations, unlike most other cloud journal services.
appsoftware Journals is a free cloud journal service. Using it, you can create, manage, and publish journals. In it, you can also create public, private, and encrypted journals. Plus, it also offers its own Markdown Cheatsheet to help you efficiently use this service by providing hotkeys for all essential functions. Now, check out the main features of this cloud journal service.
- Journals Privacy: Using it, you can specify what type of journal you want to make namely Public Enabled (journal content can be tracked by users of public domain), Private (entries and journal files viewable by you only), and Encrypted (it is used to protect the journal data from unauthorized users).
- Journals: After specifying the type of journal that you want to make, you can use this section to start composing your journals. In it, you can also create a multi-section journal by using the Sections menu. Plus, a handy Entry setting is also present in it, that lets you make a specific entry of a journal public.
- Journal Files: Using it, you can add and manage all the researched content and data associated with the journal. Using it, you can upload text files, documents, images, etc.
- Compose: It is the main writing area inside the Journals section in which you can manually write or paste content to make a journal. It also offers two handy modes namely split (to split the writing area into two sections) and HTML (to include HTML content to your journal).
It is a cleanly designed cloud Journal service through which you can create journals and manage all the data and files associated with the journal.
Evernote is a famous free cloud note-taking service that can also be used as a cloud journal. In it, you can easily create and manage all your journals, notes, and notebooks. It also offers multiple predefined note templates that you can use to make quick To-Do notes, Meal Planner Notes, Daily reflection, etc. However, to make a journal, you can use its Blank Note template as it is clean and offers a good environment for journal writing. Now, check out its main features.
- Blank Note: It offers a clean writing area over which you can write your ideas. It also provides all the necessary tools to write a journal such as Fonts, Headers, Font Colors, Check List, Check Boxes, Strikeout, Subscript, and more. A handy Insert tools section is also present in it that lets you insert photos, code blocks, tables, etc., to your journal.
- All Notes: Using it, you can view and manage all the saved notes and journals. At any time, you can access and edit journals from this section.
- Share: Use it to share your journals with other users. To do that, this software generates a sharable link that you can also disable at any time to block sharing.
- Search and Tags: Through these features, you can find journals based on their tags and title names.
- This free version of Evernote imposes multiple limitations such as limited synchronization across devices (up to 2 devices), monthly uploads of just 60 MB, and limited note size (up to 25 MB).
It is another easy to use cloud journal service that offers a good set of journal management and creation tools.
Pine is yet another free cloud journal service. It is specially designed to create personal journals and notes. It can also be used to save bookmarks, maintain to-do lists, and store daily activities. It offers an intuitive and beautiful interface with a timeline to quickly go back and view your activities of a specific day. Now, check out its main features.
- Create a Note: You can find this feature in the Inbox and Tags section. It allows you to create a new Journals and Notes. It offers a plain interface with no distractions. After specifying the journal name, you can start typing the journal content. By selecting a part of the text, you can access features like Bold, Italic, and Underline. Other writing features (Paragraph, Headings, Bullet Lists, Numbered Lists, etc.) are present in the drop-down menu. It also offers an Image feature to insert images to a Journal.
- Tags: Using it, you can create custom tags and store multiple journals associated with the tag in the Tag sections. Along with Journals, you can store To DO Lists and Tasks Boards in Tag sections.
- Inbox: In it, you can find all your journals, notes, and bookmarks. At any time, you can select and edit a journal from here.
- File Upload: With this feature, you can also upload files and documents associated with your Journals.
- Habit Tracker: Using it, you can enter and track your daily activities like distance travel, average time, progress record, etc.
- This free version of Pine imposes multiple limitations such as limited online storage (up to 10 MB), Limited Tags (you can maintain up to 10 distinct tags), Limited Journals (you can only save up to 25 journals), and more. Plus, sharing of notes and journals is also disabled.
It is another capable online journal service that offers an intuitive and easy to use journal writing environment.
Notion is a free cloud workspace service that can also be used as a cloud journal service. This service offers two modes namely For Myself (it is a free mode that lets you create and manage personal journals, notes, blog posts, etc.) and With my team ( it is a premium mode through which you can collaborate with multiple users and share content with one another). After selecting a mode, you can start creating journals and projects. Let’s take a brief look at the main features of this cloud journal service.
- Journal: It is a dedicated journal creation and management section of this service. With its help, you can create new journal entries and view all the existing entries of journals.
- Personal Entries: It offers a writing area in which you can add your entries associated with your personal goals and other things. It also lets you add tags like personal, required, goal, etc., in your journal entry. To help you add additional content, it offers a “/” command that offers multiple features like add page, add to do list, change heading, add bullet list, add quote, add emojis, insert images, etc. Plus, multiple templates are also offered by it to personalize each journal entry.
- Daily Entries: It is mainly designed to write your daily experiences. Besides this, it offers the same set of features that you get in the Personal Entries.
- Share: Using it, you can share your journals with other users. Plus, you can also share editable journal links that allow other users to make changes to your journal.
- In this free version of Notion, you will face some limitations like limited sharing (share journals only up to 5 users), limited cloud storage, locked collaboration features, etc.
It is another good cloud journal service that offers a good set of journal creation and management features.
daileez is another free cloud journal service. Using it, you can create and maintain diaries and journals. The unique thing about this service is its icon library that offers multiple icons that you can include in your journal. In this service, you can create two types of accounts namely Public and Private. The public account lets your share journals and update your status on social media platforms namely Facebook and Twitter. On the other hand, the private account does not let you share your content with others. Now, check out the main features of this cloud journal service.
- My Dairy: It is the primary area to write your personal journals. All your journals will automatically save with the current date. You can later quickly retrieve your journal by using the date. All the icons like emoticons, gifts, mental activity, etc., are also available in this area, that you can include in your journal. After writing the journal, press the Save Changes button to save your journal.
- Search: Use it to find your journals by using its name or keyword of a journal.
- Find User: It lets you find other users on this service with which you can share your journals.
- This cloud journal service only lets you create a journal of up to 243 words.
It is a unique cloud journal service that also lets you add icons in your journals.
Goodnight Journal is one more free cloud journal service. It is another simple to use journal service in which you can create and maintain a large number of personal journals. Plus, all the essential journal writing features are also provided by it.
- Journal: After logging in to this service, you will be greeted with the main journal area that encourages you to write your first journal. It also provides basic writing features that you can use during the writing such as Headings (H1 and H2), Bolk, Italic, Links (to add links to your journal). After writing a journal, press the Publish button to save your journal to this service.
- Journal Loaded: It shows all your journals saved in this service. By selecting a journal from this area, you can immediately view and edit the journal with ease.
- Image: With this feature, you can upload and insert images to your journals.
This community version of the Goodnight Journal does not let you share your journals with others. To unlock this feature, you need to purchase its premium version.
It is a straightforward cloud journal service in which you can securely and anonymously create and store your journals.
penzu is another free cloud journal service. It is a beautifully designed service in which you can write and store multiple journals. Plus, all the essential journal writing and formatting tools are also present in it. Let’s take a brief look at the main features of this service.
- New Entry: Use it to start a new journal. After specifying the journal-title, you can start writing your daily interactions, ideals, etc., to the journal.
- Text Formatting: It offers all the essential writing tools such as Fonts, Background Color, Block Quote, Numbered List, Add links, Add Timestamp, etc.
- Entry Version: It is an advanced feature that automatically keeps a record of all the versions of a journal. At any time, you can select and view any version of a journal.
- Insert: Using it, you can insert images of PNG, JPG, BMP, etc., formats to your journals.
- View All Entries: Using it, you can view and manage all your journals.
- In this free version of this Journal service, you will face multiple limitations like locked Journal sharing, locked custom fonts, etc.
It is a simple and beautifully designed cloud journal software that anyone can use to create and manage their journals.
750 Words is the next free cloud journal service. In this service, you can write one journal of up to 750 words. It is mainly built for writers who are interested in creating personal journals. It also shows the names of other active members of this service and their daily progress. Now, check out the main features of this service.
- Writing Area: It offers a clean writing area in which you can enter daily journal entries of up to 750 words. As soon as you finish writing, it automatically saves all your progress. Although, unlike other similar services, it does not offer any writing tool like fonts, strikeout, bold, paragraph, etc.
- Export: After writing your journal, you can use this feature to export journal in the TXT and PDF document formats.
- This Month: In it, you can view your writing statistics of a month such as number of written words, number of written pages, percentage of time spent on writing, etc.
- This service lacks even basic writing features like paragraphs, bullet lists, underline, bold, etc.
It is a basic cloud journal service that you can use for making personal journals.
We are the team behind some of the most popular tech blogs, like: I LoveFree Software and Windows 8 Freeware.More About Us
- September 2021
- August 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014