12 Best Free Math Games for Kids for Windows
Here is the list of best free math games for kids for Windows. These games will boost the thinking ability of your children and make them smarter. Download these free math games on your system and let your kids learn mathematics with fun. Great graphics and funny sound effects make these math games one of the favorite games for your kids. These games are specially developed to make mathematics an interesting subject for kids. By playing them, kids will not only grasp the basic concepts of solving math problems, but will also find mathematics an interesting subject.
Let’s know about the features of these free math games for kids. Some of these math games come with basic mathematical problems like Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, and Division, while some contain lessons on different subjects too. All of these math games are interesting and different from each other in the terms of representing the mathematical problems before kids. Some of these are very basic software for learning maths, while some are advanced as they contain a number of mathematical problems. Different amazing graphics of these fun math games never let your kids get bored of mathematics.
Math Game Software for Kids that I liked the most:
All the software included here are pretty good, but the math games software I liked the most are Timez Attack and Tux Math Command.
Let’s have a look at the features of both of these games:
Timez Attack: It is the only game which comes with 3D High-Dimensional graphics in its free version. It is an adventure game and is developed by Big Brainz. Big Brainz has converted every mathematical problem into an interesting adventure. This game comes with two funny characters. Kids can select any of them. By playing this game, kids will learn mathematics with fun.
Download the game and let your kids enter into an interesting journey of different amazing scenes. Their journey is not as simple as it sounds. They will find many deadly creatures on their way. The only way to tackle them is to give the correct answer to the question asked by these creatures.
Tux Math Command: Tux is one of the most popular developers of kids educational games. Tux has developed many educational software for kids like Typing, etc. Tux Math Command is a fun math game for kids for Windows. The game contains a lot of game levels based on six different types of mathematical problems, viz: Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division, Integers, and Factorization. This game will boost the mathematical skills of your kids.
I find Timez Attack to be the best math game for kids. This game is a type of an Adventure game. There are a lot of educational games available in the market; most of these are either paid or free. Those which are free offer low-quality graphics and sound effects. As per my opinion, this is the best math game for kids because it is an adventure game and offers High-Definition graphics and great sound quality and the best part of the software is that you can download and play it for. Though it contains only four basic math problems, viz: Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, and Division, but the way in which they present every math problem is truly awesome. Your kids will definitely love this game and will never get bored by playing this great adventure math game.
An interesting feature of the game is that it comes with 5 different slots. Different players can use these slots to save their game separately.
How to play Timez Attack:
Timez Attack offers a simple user interface so that kids do not feel any difficulty while playing. First of all, kids have to enter their name. This great math adventure game comes with two funny characters. Kids can select any of them. After selecting a character, they have to select the grade level to start the game. This game contains grade levels from Preschool to 8th+. After going through these formalities, the computer first takes the typing test of the player. The game starts only after the completion of the typing test.
This is a great math adventure for your kids and they will find lots of enemies on their way. They can only tackle them by giving the correct answer to the mathematical question asked by the enemy.
Control Buttons: Use Arrow keys on your keyboard to navigate the direction of the character. While giving the tests, kids can pass a question by pressing Spacebar key.
Download this interesting game and make mathematics an interesting subject for your kids.
Tux of Math Command
If you are looking for a fun educational game for kids, you will definitely like Tux of Math Command. It is one of the best free Math Games for Kids that lets them learn concepts of mathematics in an enjoyable way. Tux of Math Command makes Mathematics interesting for kids. Now, your kids will not find Mathematics a boring subject. This game is ideal for kids of age group 4 to 10 years. Amazing graphics and good sound effects make this game more interesting for kids.
By playing this game, kids can learn basics of Mathematics like Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, and Division. Besides this, the game also teaches the basics of Integers and Factorization.
Features of Tux of Math Command:
Here are the features of this super cool fun math game for kids:
- It is one of the the most beneficial school game for kids to learn Mathematics.
- The game comes with four types of gaming modes, viz: Play Alone, Network Game, Play with Friends, and Facteroids. Kids can select any of these gaming modes.
- In the Number Typing mode of the game, kids can learn to type numbers from keyboard.
- It features different Mathematics games like Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division, Integers, and Factorization.
- This game is best for boosting the mathematical skills of your kids. The developer of this game has created a lot of categories in the game for different age groups. This makes it suitable for kids of different ages. Some of these categories include Addition: Sums to 20, Addition of Two Digit Numbers, Multiplication up to 12, Multiples of 13, 14, and 15, Division up to 15, typing Negative Numbers, Addition of Negative and Positive Numbers, Division of Negative and Positive Numbers, and a lot more.
- For practicing on Factors, this game comes with a separate gaming mode – Facteroids.
How to Play this fun Math game for kids:
Your main aim is to protect the Penguins from getting hurt with Asteroids. To play this game, what you have to do is just type the answer to the Math problems displayed on your screen and press Enter button on your keyboard. As you press the Enter button, Penguin fires missiles to destroy that particular asteroid. This is the main concept of the game.
Facteroid gaming mode is different from all other modes. In this gaming mode, you have to protect your spaceship from freely moving bodies like asteroids, meteors, etc. by firing. You can use Right and Left Arrow Keys to navigate the direction of Space Shuttle or simply move your mouse. Press Enter, Space, or Left Mouse button to shoot. Press Up Arrow or Right Mouse button for Thrust.
As you destroy any asteroid, it will split into its factors. Hence, by playing this game, kids can learn Factorization too.
GCompris is another free math game for kids for Windows that lets your kids learn mathematics in a fun and easy way. This game is good for kids as it not only contains math games, but also contains other games like Science, English, Puzzle, Computer, etc., making it an all in one educational game for kids. This fun game for kids comes with a lot of math games that make your kids sharper and smarter. It is available in two versions: Free and Paid. Its free version comes with a good number of games. But if you want to play all the games in this software, you have to purchase its full version from its official website.
Look at the features offered by its Free Version:
As we are discussing math games, so here I will talk about the features of math game only.
This free software comes with a lot of free math games which are suitable for both preschool kids and toddlers. Some of them are:
- Draw Numbers: In this game, computer pronounces a number and kids have to draw the number by joining the dots displayed on the screen. This gaming mode teaches them how to draw a number.
- Share The Candies: This mode of game clears the concept of kids regarding distribution.
- Count The Items: This mode is added to the game so that kids can learn to count well.
- Numbers In Order and Number Sequence: Both of these games come with the same concept of number sequence. By playing this, kids can learn the correct sequence of numbers.
- The Magician Hat: Teaches Addition and Subtraction to the kids in an interactive way.
- Roman Numerals: Computer displays a Roman Number on the screen and kids have to enter it in its Arabic form.
- Gnumch Factors: By playing this mode of the game, kids can learn factors of a number. To play this game, they have to guide the number eater to eat the correct factors of a given number. If you feed it a wrong number, a message is displayed on the screen so that kids will know the correct and incorrect answers to the question. To make this game interesting, developer has added one more creature named as Troggle. Troggle is the enemy of number eater. So kids have to complete a level quickly by protecting the number eater from getting eaten by Troggles.
Zap Zap Math
Zap Zap Math is a free Math game for kids that lets them learn the concepts of mathematics with fun. The game comes with High-Definition graphics and funny sound effects that make it interesting for kids. It is specially developed for kids up to grade 6. It comes with good Maths exercises that will boost the thinking power of your kids.
It has different questions for practice for each grade. Some of the practice exercises include Number Recognition, Shapes and Measurement, Plus and Minus, Basic Multiplication and Division, Fractions, and a lot more. This game is available in two versions, namely: Free and Paid. Paid version comes with a lot of math games. But its free version also contains a good number of games. Have a look, what the free version of this game offers:
- Basic summary sheet.
- 20 games.
- Multi-language support.
- Offline Access.
In order to download it, you have to create a free account on its official website.
Kids Preschool Numbers and Math
Are you searching for a math game for kids of small age group? Try Kids Preschool Numbers and Math. This is a Windows 10 app, which can be downloaded from the Microsoft Store easily. It is a fun math game designed and developed for kids of age below than 5 years. Amazing graphics along with cute cartoon characters and good sound effects make this game interesting for little kids. The game comes with basic math exercises that will be beneficial for preschool kids to boost their mathematical skills. The game offers a child-friendly interface so that little kids can easily understand it without any hassle.
This math game for kids comes with 10 different gaming modes, which doesn’t let kids bored of mathematics problems. The game represents mathematical problems in an attractive way. Let’s have a look at each mode of the game:
- Number Fun and Shoot The Ball: Teaches kids to count correctly.
- Scratch To Reveal: Helps kids recognize numbers correctly.
- Bubbly Numbers: In this gaming mode, you can judge the performance of your kids. The computer pronounces a number and kids have to pop the balloon containing that number.
- Puzzle Mania: In this gaming mode, kids have to complete a puzzle by placing a number in the required space and after completion of the puzzle, computer pronounces the number they have placed.
- Dots To Dots: Kids have to join the dots in the correct sequence to form a picture.
- Hopping Frog: This playing mode is similar to the Dots To Dots mode. Here kids have to touch/click the numbers in correct sequence to help a frog reach its pond.
- Same to Same: In this gaming mode, kids have to distribute objects equally between two boxes.
- Fish Crunch: This mode clears the concept of kids regarding greater and smaller numbers.
- Before And After: This mode of the game contains mathematical problems on Before and After.
Kids Games Learning Math Basic
Kids Games Learning Math Basic is another Windows 10 app in our list of best free math games for kids. This is one of the best apps to teach kids the basics of mathematics. Hence, it is best suited to the kids of small age groups. The game comes with 9 different gaming modes and one Quiz Time mode for kids. With attractive sound effects and animated cartoon characters, this app makes the mathematics interesting for kids. Your kids will love this game.
Let’s understand how to play Learn Basic Math:
Kids have to answer the question pronounced by the computer either by clicking or dragging the objects in the game.
A brief description of each level of this math game:
Following are the playing modes of this game:
- Sort It out: Contains math problems based on ascending and descending order.
- Number Names: Kids will learn the number names by playing this mode of the game.
- Even-Odd: Teaches kids the basic concept of even and odd numbers.
- Fractional Pizza: This gaming mode comes with the simple math problems based on fractions. The computer tells kids to feed a particular fractional part of pizza to the cute looking monster in the game.
- Tick Tock: As the name indicates, this playing mode lets your kids learn Time in an easy way.
- Tens and Ones: This gaming mode clears the concepts of place value of your child.
- Add Me up: Kids can practice basic questions on addition by playing this mode.
- Cut It Off: Kids can practice basic questions on subtraction by playing this mode.
- Halves And Doubles: This gaming mode teaches your kids what Halves and Doubles actually are.
- Quiz Time: You can judge your kid’s performance in this mode as it contains random questions from all the levels of this game.
Balloon Math for Kids
Balloon Math for Kids is an interesting Windows 10 math game which lets kids learn addition with fun. This fun math game contains addition problems only. By playing this game, kids can practice addition problems.
This app can easily be downloaded from Microsoft Store.
How to play Balloon Math for Kids:
Playing this cool math game is very easy. A question is displayed on the screen and kids have to pop the balloons that satisfy the given addition equation.
This game is best to teach addition to preschool kids.
Monstrous Math is another fun math game for kids that lets them learn mathematics in a fun and easy way. The game contains basic questions on Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, and Division. I liked the background music of the game as it is very sweet and relaxing. This sweet music makes your kids learn mathematics comfortably.
The game comes with many exciting levels, and each level has its own difficulty.
How to play Monstrous Math:
This game is very easy to play. A maths problem is displayed on the screen along with two different fruits. Kids have to feed that fruit to the monster which contains the correct answer to the given question.
If children love Disney Characters like Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, etc. they will definitely like playing this game. MathBubbles is a free math game for kids. The game comes with an amazing theme of Disney. The game is developed to teach addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, and Division to children in an easy way. Playing method of the game is simple. Computer pronounces the question displayed on the screen and your kids have to answer it correctly by popping the correct balloon.
This game has four levels, with each level having its own difficulty.
Jungle Math is another free Math Game for Kids. This game is specially developed for kids of low age groups as it contains simple math problems on Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, and Division. The main concept of the game is to save a girl child from the dangerous animals of the forest. To save her, just type the correct answer to the math problem displayed on your computer’s screen. You will get only 3 lives to complete a level and your score along with the lost lives will be displayed on the screen.
This is a very basic math game for kids. Hence, it is ideal for Preschool kids.
Mouse Math is a very basic Windows 10 math game for kids. By using this software, kids can only practice basic math problems which include Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, and Division. The game offers a child-friendly interface that makes it easily understandable for kids. To play this game, select the type of math problem you want to practice. You can select any or all of them. After that, the computer pronounces the question and you have to select the correct answer from the given options.
Kids Abacus is a very basic math game for kids. This game is developed only for toddlers as it teaches counting from 1 to 100 to your kids. Playing method of this Math game is very easy. Kids have to drag the objects shown on their computer’s screen and drop them into the circle. The computer counts and pronounces how many objects are dropped in the circle. It also shows the remaining objects on the screen.
We are the team behind some of the most popular tech blogs, like: I LoveFree Software and Windows 8 Freeware.More About Us
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014