4 Best Free Open Source MP3 Joiner Software for Windows
Here is a list of the best free open source MP3 joiner software for Windows. Open-source programs are programs with source code accessible to everyone. Anyone can inspect, modify, and enhance the source code and contribute to the program. This list covers 4 free open-source audio programs that you can use to join multiple MP3 files into a single MP3 file.
Two of these software are fully-fledged audio editing solutions. Overall, these software have a learning curve but the process of joining MP3 is quite simple and straightforward. One software is dedicated to joining and splitting audio files. Then there is a popular FFmpeg framework that you can use from the command line. Here I briefly introduce these software along with the steps to join MP3 files. You can go through the list and pick the software as per your use case.
My Favorite Open Source MP3 Joiner
Audacity is my favorite open-source MP3 joiner on this list. It is a popular program for all types of audio needs. It can cut, copy, paste, delete, split, and join audio files. With this program, you can join MP3 files at the desired timestamp. You can overlap files, cut specific parts, and then merge those together as per your liking.
Audacity is a free open-source audio editor software. It is a popular software for professional audio editing and is available for macOS and Linux as well along with Windows. You can use this software to join MP3 files. This software can do a lot more than that and there is a learning curve for that. But joining audio files is quite simple.
How to Join MP3 with Audacity?
- Import both MP3 files to Audacity that you want to join.
- Select the second one by clicking on its label.
- From the Edit menu, choose Cut.
- Place the cursor by clicking on the first track, after the end of the audio.
- From the Edit menu, click Paste.
- Similarly, you can join as many MP3 files as you want.
- Live Recording: Audacity can record live audio through a microphone or mixer, or digitize recordings from other media.
- Combine and Convert Audio Files: It can import audio files in different formats and combine those into the same or different file formats.
- Audio Editing: Precisely edit audio with a waveform view.
- Audio Effects: It has built-in audio effects and can preview LADSPA, LV2, and VST in real-time.
- Plugin Support: Add plugins to expand the functionality of the software.
WaveShop is another free open-source audio editing software for Windows. It is lightweight and fast software. This software can join multiple MP3 files into a single audio file. The process is really simple. There is no need to fine-tune the waveform or anything. You can just insert multiple MP3 files on top of each other and combine those all into a single MP3 file.
How to Join MP3 Files with WaveShop?
- Import the one MP3 file to WaveShop.
- Go to File and select the Insert option.
- Browse to the other MP3 file and insert it into the first one.
- This way, multiple MP3 files can be joined using WaveShop.
- Edit Audio Files: WaveShop can open various types of audio files and allows you to perform editing operations such as cut, copy, paste, insert, delete, etc.
- Extract Audio Channels: Extract channels from stereo audio files to create mono channels audio files and vice versa.
- Audio Envelops: WaveShop can generate audio with envelopes and modulation.
- Audio Spectrum Analysis: Open multiple audio files side by side and analyze the audio spectrum in real-time.
- Plugins: Get EQ, compression, and other effects via LADSPA plugins
mp3-splitter-joiner is a free open-source MP3 splitter and joiner program. This program is developed in Java making it lightweight and fast. You can grab the JAR file from the GitHub source page. The program opens in a window with a minimal interface. You can import your MP3 files to the program and join those together into a single file.
How to Join MP3 Files with mp3-splitter-joiner?
- Go to the Joiner section in mp3-splitter-joiner.
- Add MP3 files to the program.
- Enter a name for the output file.
- Click the button to join the MP3 files.
- MP3 Splitter: This program can also split a single MP3 file into multiple files.
- Lightweight: This program is lightweight with a total size of around 50KB.
FFmpeg is an industry-leading multimedia framework. It is a cross-platform solution to encode, decode, transcode, mux, demux, filter, stream, and play audio and video files. FFmpeg supports a wide range of file formats covering obscure ancient formats to the latest file formats. This program runs in the command window. With the right command, it can easily join multiple MP3 files into a new MP3 file.
How to Join MP3 Files with FFmpeg?
- Download FFmpeg and extract the compressed file.
- Open the folder where the FFmpeg.exe file is present.
- Open a command prompt window to the same location.
- Type FFmpeg.exe i “concat:<filename1.mp3>|<filename2.mp3>” -acodec copy <newfile.mp3> in the command prompt window to join MP3 files.
- Play Audio & Video Files: FFmpeg can play almost any audio and video file format.
- Encode and decode audio files.
- Convert audio and video file formats
- API Access
We are the team behind some of the most popular tech blogs, like: I LoveFree Software and Windows 8 Freeware.More About Us
- September 2021
- August 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014