5 Best Free Print Shop Alternative for Windows
Here is a list of Best Free Print Shop Alternative for Windows. Print Shop is a veteran desktop publishing software that lets you create printable documents. It is a commercial software that requires you to purchase a license in order to use it. Hence, I have created a list of free software that you can use in place of Print Shop. All these provide a similar set of features that you find in Print Shop.
Using these free alternatives, you can create several types of printable documents such as resumes, brochures, business cards, invitation card, flyer, banner, poster, and more. Most of these provide you with templates that you can edit according to your requirements. You can also add different kinds of objects in your document such as images, tables, frames, text, hyperlinks, shapes, callout, flowchart shapes, and more. Apart from that, document layout, formatting, image editing, effects, and more features can also be found in these software.
You can save your work in multiple printable and document formats in these software like PDF, SVG, EPS, PNG, DOC, DOCX, etc. Some additional features can also be found in these alternatives such as spellcheck, word counter, thesaurus, OCR tool, photo editor, and more. All in all, these are good alternative software to Print Shop that you can use for free.
My favorite Free Print Shop Alternative for Windows:
Scribus is my favorite software as it provides all the required tools to create print-ready documents.
I also like WPS Writer as it provides a great templates library that offers a wide number of stunning templates to design printable documents.
Scribus is a free open source Print Shop alternative for Windows. It is also available for Mac and Linux operating systems. It is a dedicated desktop publishing software that lets you create multiple types of printable documents. You can use it to make brochures, resumes, menu, letterhead, flyers, banners, business cards, PDF presentations, and more publications. In it, you can find almost all standard tools to create print publications. Plus, it also supports many file formats to save your documents. Let us now checkout its features in detail.
- Templates: It offers several predefined templates to quickly create a desired type of document. Plus, it also supports external templates that you can import and edit in this software.
- Insert: You can add different types of elements including frames, text box, image, table, line, polygon, shape, bezier curve, freehand line, and barcodes.
- Document Layout: It lets you set up document layout including size, margin, orientation, etc., as per your requirement.
- Effects: It lets you apply various effects to inserted images like blur, brightness, colorize, grayscale, posterize, etc.
- Additional Functions: Other than main editing tools, you can also find features that help you in editing like Lock Object, Check Design Outline, Measurement, Action History, Create/ Edit Scripts, Convert to Master Page, Apply Master Page, Manage Page Properties, etc.
- Export Formats: It supports various formats to save your documents, such as PDF, SVG, PNG, TIFF, JPG, BMP, ICO, and more.
It is one of the best free open source Print Shop alternative that enables you to create printable documents like brochures, flyers, banners, etc.
WPS Writer is another free Print Shop alternative for Windows. It is a part of the WPS office suite that also provides other office applications including WPS Spreadsheet and WPS Presentation. In WPS Writer, you can create several printable documents just like Print Shop. It provides a wide number of features to create stunning documents. You can create resume, business card, brochure, creative designs, letterhead, magzines, and other kinds of printable documents. Let us have a look at its key features now.
- Template Library: It provides a dedicated templates library where you can find all sort of offline and online templates including brochures, resumes, invitation card, time tables, business cards, etc. To use online templates, you will require to log in to this software with your registered ID.
- Layout: It lets you configure your document layout as per your specifications, such as margins, orientation, size, text direction, page color, page border, etc.
- Add Objects: You can add images, tables, text boxes, sections, page breaks, and more to a publication.
- Format: All standard, as well as advanced content formattings features, are provided in this software, e.g., font, text color, effects, alignment, etc.
- Save: You can save designed prinatble documents in various formats including PDF, HTML, RTF, DOC, DOCX, XML, etc.
You can find a lot more features that help you create documents such as Word Count, Spellcheck, Thesaurus, Encrypt, and more.
- This free version of WPS Office shows ads and also restricts many advanced features. To remove these limitations, you need to upgrade to its premium edition.
It is another great free Print Shop alternative for Windows that provides some advanced features to create printable documents.
LibreOffice Writer is yet another free Print Shop alternative for Windows, Mac, and Linux. It is primarily a document processing software that can be used to design printable documents. In it, you can find some default templates to design different kinds of documents. Additionally, you can also import templates to this software and later modify them as per your documents. You can find a variety of templates here like flyers, banners, resumes, brochures, etc. Simply search and download a desired template and then open it in LibreOffice to edit it accordingly.
Let us now checkout primary features of this open source free Print Shop alternative.
- It lets you set up basic layout of your document accordingly.
- You can insert images, shapes, tables, text, flowchart, callout, and more to your document.
- You can edit added images using features like insert arrange, rotate, alignment, transparency, caption, add borders, etc.
- You also get a Gallery section in it that provides you graphics in different categories like people, environment, text shapes, arrows, symbols, sounds, etc.
- The final document can be exported in a lot of document and printable formats like ODT, DOC, DOCX, RTF, XML, HTML, PDF, JPEG, PNG, etc.
LibreOffice Writer is a great word processor that also acts as a free Print Shop alternative with a good number of features to create printable documents.
ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editor
ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editor is one more free Print Shop alternative for Windows. It is an office software with Document, Spreadsheet, and Presentation modules. Using its Document module, you can design multiple types of printable documents like brochures, cards, letters, resumes, and more. It provides a sufficient amount of editing tools in order to design a professional document. You can checkout its main features below.
- It allows you to set up document layout configurations and Table of Content as per your need.
- You can also insert images, charts, shapes, hyperlinks, text box, text arts, equations, tables, and more into your document.
- All standard formatting tools like font formatting, alignment, text size, image editing, etc., are available in it.
- It supports ODT, DOCX, TXT, RTF, PDF, and some more formats to save documents.
- It contains a Plugins tab with multiple handy tools like cliparts, photo editor, symbols, share document via email, Thesaurus, record macros, OCR tool, etc.
- A user can also collaborate on a document with other people a supported cloud service like ONLYOFFICE, Nextcloud, ownCloud, etc.
It is a good free alternative to Print Shop using which you can design some basic printable documents.
sK1 is the next free Print Shop alternative for Windows. It offers a nice set of tools to create professional publication documents. It is mainly used as a vector graphics editor which lets you edit SVG images. You can also import CorelDRAW and Adobe Illustrator projects. The created publications can be exported in different formats like PDF, SVG, etc. Let’s have a look at its primary functions.
- It provides several paint tools to add shapes, draw lines, fill color, pen, etc., into your document.
- You can resize and rotate added elements.
- You can also modify color profile of design to desired color format including CMYK, RGB, Grayscale, and BW.
- It provides a handy feature to convert an image to icons of different resolutions.
It is another good software to create press-ready documents and acts as a decent free Print Shop alternative.
We are the team behind some of the most popular tech blogs, like: I LoveFree Software and Windows 8 Freeware.More About Us
- September 2021
- August 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014