10 Best Free VRML Viewer Software For Windows
Here is a list of best free VRML viewer software for Windows. VRML or Virtual Reality Modeling Language is a file format (with WRL file extension) that carries interactive 3D vector graphics. The interactive 3D vector graphics can be a still 3D model or a moving model (to show movements). In these software, you can view both the still and moving VRML models with ease. As VRML carries interactive models, thus you will be able to interact with models using these software. To interact with models, these viewers let you use your mouse. Through mouse movements, you can change the model orientation, angle, distance, etc. Plus, some movement tools (fly, walk, examine, etc.) to view VRML files in animation mode are also present in some software.
In these viewers, you also get multiple viewing tools such as stereo vision, color scheme, viewpoint tour, viewpoints, and more. The stereo vision tool shows two more copies of the VRML model. Through color scheme tool, you can easily modify the existing color profile of the model. The viewpoint tour feature moves the model automatically to give you an overview of a VRML model. And, by using viewpoints tools, you can jump to any previous or next position of a model. Apart from these primary viewing tools, you can also find tools to adjust the animation frame rates, viewer window size, full-screen mode, etc.
In some VRML viewers, you also get additional tools that may come in handy namely online VRML viewer, statistics, and edit. Go through the list to know more about these WRL viewers.
My Favorite VRML Viewer Software For Windows:
view3dscene is my favorite software because it lets you view, edit, and convert VRML files. Plus, it also supports 3D models and animations present in file formats like XML, DAE, 3DS, MD3, OBJ, and more.
view3dscene is a free open source VRML viewer software for Windows, Linux, and macOS. It is also a portable software that you can use on the go without actually installing it to your system. In this software, you can view 3D VRML vector graphics animation along with still 3D objects. Apart from VRML, it also supports files of formats like X3D, XML, DAE, 3DS, MD3, OBJ, GEO, JSON, and more. To view VRML files, it offers many viewing tools, screen effects, fill modes, viewpoints, and navigation tools. A dedicated Edit tab to modify different aspects of the VRML vector graphics is also offered by it. After viewing and editing a VRML file, you can save it in the same format or in the X3D file format.
- Display: It lets you play the animation in two or four side by side windows. Besides this, it offers the full-screen mode along with advanced ray tracing to process lightning and shadows in real-time.
- Navigation: It offers various tools through which you can change the camera angle and direction to view VRML animation from any direction that you want. It also enables you to use your mouse to adjust the camera angle.
- View: It is another important tab of this software that gives you tools to adjust fill mode (wireframe, solid wireframe, solid shape, etc.), screen effects (grayscale, gamma, negative, and more), shadow maps, bump mapping (basic, parallax, steep parallax, etc.), and more.
- Edit: Through this feature, you can remove X3D/VRML nodes, load new material properties, edit lights (global ambient red light, light intensity, ambient intensity, etc.), edit material, and more.
- Animation: Using it, you can play/pause VRML vector graphics animation and adjust the speed of the animation.
It is one of the best free VRML viewer software in which you can view, edit, and convert the format of a VRML or WRL file.
FreeWRL is another free open source VRML viewer software for Windows, BSD, macOS, Android, and Linux. It is an advanced VRML2 and X3D compliant viewer that also offers support both SAI and EAI scripts. To view the interactive 3D animation of a WRL file, you just need to load a WRL file and press the launch free WRL button. Besides this, options to adjust frame rate, resolution, and stereo vision of the animation are also offered by it. Now, check out the main features of this software.
- VRML Viewer Window: This window shows the 3D animation present in a WRL file. In addition to that, it offers an info tool that shows the properties of the running animation like FPS, screen orientation, color scheme, shading style, etc.
- Window Size: Using it, you can increase or decrease the size of the main VRML viewer window.
- Target FPS: It is another important feature through which you can specify the animation frame rates according to your requirements.
- Stereo Vision: Using it, you can play the same animation in side by side manner or up and down manner. In addition to that, it lets you adjust eye base distance, screen distance, and RGB values of the animation.
- Test URL: Using it, you can play an online VRML file by providing its URL link.
It is a simple yet effective VRML viewer through which you can make desired changes to animation properties as you want.
SwirlX3D Viewer is another free VRML viewer software for Windows. It is a good 3D VRML viewer in which you can view the 3D vector graphics and animated content of WRL, X3D, and SW3D files. Besides this, it can also be used to view still 3D models present in 3DS, OBJ, PLY, STL, and IGES formats. Now, let’s take a look at the main viewing features of this software.
- Viewpoint Tour: This feature shows a VRML 3D animation from various directions by continuously changing the location of the animation. It also provides position and direction fields in which you can view the real-time position and direction coordinates of the animation. At any time, you can also stop the viewpoint tour using the play/pause button.
- Manual Position Tools: In the toolbar of this software, you get various position tools (turn right turn down, move up, move down, to front, etc.) through which you can set the position and angle of the animation.
- Headlight: Using it, you can enable or disable the main light source of the VRML animation.
- Missing Textures: This feature analyzes the VRML animation and finds out whether all textures are present or not.
It is another good VRML viewer software in which you can view VRML animation and 3D models from different positions and directions.
Instant Player is yet another free VRML viewer software for Windows, macOS, and Linux. Using this software, you can view 3D vector graphics animation contained by VRML, X3D, and OpenSG files. To help you view VRML animation, it offers multiple viewing tools. In addition to that, you also get tools to adjust the camera, to view animation from multiple angles. Now, let’s take a look at some of the main features of this software.
- Render Mode: Through this feature, you can toggle the real-time rendering of a 3D vector graphics animation between Filled, Wireframe, and Points rendering modes.
- Activate Fullscreen: By activating this feature, you can view a 3D vector animation in the full-screen mode.
- Reset Camera Position: Use it to manually adjust the position of the camera to view a 2D VRML animation from any direction.
- Statistics: Using it, you can view various statistics about the running animation like FPS, FrameTime, Range, Nodes, Material Changes, and more.
It is one of the simplest software to view 3D vector graphics animation and solid 3D models that anyone can use with ease.
Orbisnap is the next free VRML viewer software for Windows, Linux, and macOS. It is a dedicated VRML or WRL viewer software. In it, you can find all essential VRML viewing tools. The interface of this software is also quite straightforward that you can use with ease. As soon as you load a WRL file in it, this software starts playing the 3D vector graphics animation contained by it. Let’s take a look at the main features of this viewer.
- Rendering: Using it, you can enable or disable the antialiasing, texture, and transparency of the animation. Besides this, it also lets you completely turn off the main light source. A wireframe mode is also provided by it to change the looks of the VRML animation.
- Camera Viewpoint: It helps you change the position of the camera so that you can view the model from different angles and distances.
- ViewPoints: Using it, you can quickly jump to any previous camera position.
- Fullscreen Mode: It lets you quickly open a VRML vector graphics in the full-screen mode.
- Zoom: It is another handy viewing feature through which you can closely analyze the graphics and animations.
- Speed: Through this feature, you can increase or decrease the speed of the vector graphics animation.
- Connect to Server: It allows you to connect to a server after which you can access and open VRML files uploaded on a server.
It is a simple yet feature-rich VRML viewer software that offers many VRML vector graphics viewing tools.
XYZ VRML is one more free VRML viewer software for Windows. It is primarily a VRML editor software through which you can open and edit VRML or WRL files. For editing, it offers multiple 3D objects that you can easily add to your existing VRML vector graphics animation. It also offers navigation mode and viewpoints to improve the VRML model viewing experience.
- Navigation Mode: It allows you to use your mouse to rotate a model, change the distance between a model and screen, and rotate the model around its axis.
- Viewpoints: Using it, you can quickly jump to any previous position of a VRML model.
- My Position: It shows the coordinates of the current position of a model.
- Add objects: This software offers various add object options through which you can add a random mountain landscape, add a flat landscape with texture, and 3D objects (cone, box, cylinder, etc.) to a VRML model. It also allows you to import external 3D objects.
- Modify: It is a tab that offers two tools (background and fog) through which you can add a background and fog effect to your VRML model.
- Screenshot: Use it to take screenshots of the VRML model.
- Save: After editing, you can use this option to save the VRML model in the WRL file format.
It is another easy to use VRML viewer software through which you can also edit your interactive VRML 3D animations and models.
blaxxun Contact is a free VRML browser plugin for Windows. This plugin works with Internet Explorer. Through this plugin, you can view still VRML 3D models as well as 3D vector graphics animation. Apart from VRML, it also supports Flash and Real Media content. To view VRML animation, it offers multiple tools namely movement, viewpoints, and speed. Now, let’s take a brief look at the viewing tools of this plugin.
- Movement: It offers various movement presets like walk, slide, examine, fly, etc., which change the way you interact with the VRML animation through your mouse. For example: examine lets you move the animation around its axis, slide lets you change both the position and distance of the animation from the screen.
- Viewpoints: After examining a VRML animation using movement tools, you can use viewpoints tools to move to any previous or next position of the animation.
- Speed: It lets you increase or decrease the animation speed according to your requirements.
It is a decent VRML browser plugin through which you can view both the still 3D VRML models and VRML vector graphics animation.
qiew is another free VRML viewer software for Windows. Besides VRML (WRL), it also supports IV and WRX files. In it, you can view both the still VRML 3D model as well as the interactive VRML animation. On its interface, you can find various viewing tools and model position adjustments tools. Overall, it is another easy to use VRML viewer software.
- View: It offers a full-screen mode to open up a VRML model on the entire screen. In addition to that, it lets you add coordinate axis with the model so that you will know the X, Y, and Z-axis position of a model.
- Rotx Roty Wheels: Through rotx roty wheels, you can move a model in the horizontal and vertical directions. Plus a Zoom wheel to zoom in on a model is also offered by this viewer.
- Light: It lets you enable or disable the main light source for the model.
- Draw Style: Using it, you can add transparency and adjust animation-draw style (wireframe, texture, points, etc.).
This VRML viewer offers a good set of VRML viewing tools along with some editing tools. Plus, it supports multiple file formats.
VRML Viewer is yet another free open source VRML viewer software for Windows. It is also a portable software that you can use on the go without actually installing it to your system. In this viewer, you can simply load and view WRL files to view interactive VRML 3D models and animations. In it, you don’t get many viewing tools like other similar software. Plus, some of its tools are also not working.
- Viewer: It offers three viewing models namely Fly, Plane, and Examine to change the interaction behavior between mouse movements and the VRML model. In Fly mode, you can send the VRML model in a continuous movement, just by making a small mouse movement. Through Plane mode, you can increase or decrease the size of a VRML model. The Examiner mode lets you move a VRML model around its axis.
- Two features of this software namely View and SpecialFX are not working.
It is one of the simplest VRML viewers in which you can just view an interactive 3D VRML model and animation.
H3DViewer is another free VRML viewer software for Windows. It is another simple software in which you can view VRML and X3D files. However, unlike other similar software, it does not play the VRML vector graphics animation. Although, it shows the 3D vector graphics that you can manually move around to view it from different angles. Now, check out the main features of this software.
- Render Mode: Using it, you can change the outer layer of the 3D graphics model from the default solid object to wireframes or points.
- Navigation: It offers multiple navigation modes namely examine, fly, and walk. These modes change the operation of the mouse movements for example, in examine mode, the movement of your mouse rotates the 3D object on its axis, in fly mode, mouse movements move the 3D object in different directions, etc.
- Full-Screen Mode: This mode removes all the distractions from the screen and shows the main object in the full screen.
- Plugins: This software also offers support for external plugins that allows you to introduce new features to this software like MedX3D, H3DPhysics, etc.
- Open file from URL: Using it, you can access and view online VRML files by providing the URL link of a VRML file.
It is another standard VRML software in which you can view VRML 3D vector graphics models.
We are the team behind some of the most popular tech blogs, like: I LoveFree Software and Windows 8 Freeware.More About Us
- September 2021
- August 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014