7 Best Free DAE to OBJ Converter Software for Windows
Here is a list of best free DAE to OBJ converter software for Windows. Using these free software, you can easily convert a DAE file to OBJ format. DAE aka COLLADA (COLLAborative Design Activity) and OBJ (created by Wavefront Technologies) both are file formats which are used to store 3D models. All the listed software support these two formats as input and output. This enables you to import a 3D model contained in a DAE file and then convert it to OBJ format using the export feature.
Most of these software also let you modify a DAE model prior to conversion to OBJ. You can use tools like rotate, scale, move, extrude, sweep, material editor, texture editor, etc., in order to modify model present in a DAE file. Additionally, all of these are good 3D model viewer software. Features like rotate, pan, orbital view, perspective views, zoom, and more enable you to properly view and analyze a 3D model from different angles. These software supports various file formats to import, view, and edit including OBJ, PLY, 3DS, FBX, STL, etc.
The steps to convert DAE to OBJ are pretty easy and straightforward. In case you face any difficulty, you can read the description of these software where the whole procedure is discussed. All in all, these are featured yet easy to use software through which you can perform various tasks related to 3D model file including DAE to OBJ conversion.
My favorite DAE to OBJ Converter Software for Windows:
pCon.planner is one of my favorite software because it makes the process of DAE to OBJ conversion very easy. Plus, it is packed with various modeling viewing and creation tools which come in handy.
Blender is another great software which you can use for converting DAE file to OBJ and for performing various model creation and rendering tasks.
pCon.planner is a free space planning software which can be used to convert DAE to OBJ. It lets you view DAE files as well as lets you export DAE files to other formats including OBJ, 3DS, DXF, DWG, FBX, SKP, etc. Prior to conversion, you can also customize the model contained in the DAE file. For that, tools like move, rotate, scale, array, replace, extrude, mirror, subtract, merge, intersect, edit texture, material editor, etc., are available in this software.
How to convert DAE to OBJ in pCon.planner:
- First, simply open a DAE or COLLADA file in it which you can view using various viewing tools such as different render styles, zoom, camera views, etc.
- If required, you can modify the model with the use of editing tools present in its Edit tab.
- At last, go to the File > Export and select Geometry option. You now need to choose OBJ as output format and then click on the Save option to start the conversion.
- It contains a Presentation tab where you can find dedicated tools to create animation, video, and images of a 3D model.
It is a feature rich software which can be used for space planning as well as to convert existing 3D models from one format to another, e.g., DAE to OBJ.
Daz Studio is a powerful 3D modeling suite for Windows. It can be your another alternative to convert DAE to OBJ. Like many other listed software, it also lets you import a DAE model file and then convert it to an OBJ file with the use of export feature.
To download this software, you must register a free account on its official website. The downloaded file will install a DAZ Install Manager on you PC from where you can install Daz Studio easily.
How to convert DAE to OBJ in Daz Studio:
- The first step is to open a DAE file in it. For that, use its Import feature from its File menu. You can view the 3D model in its Viewport section using various navigation and viewing tools.
- You can modify the 3D model if needed. It provides tools like Joint Editor, Geometry Editor, Spot Render, Animate, Translate, Scale, etc., to let you edit the DAE file before conversion.
- The last step is to click on its File > Export option and choose OBJ as the output format to convert DAE to OBJ.
Prior to conversion, it lets you set up some output properties for OBJ file such as invert positive direction, ignore invisible nodes, write UV coordinates, write faces, write polylines, write surfaces, etc. After configuring output parameters, click on Accept button to carry on conversion process.
- It supports more formats to import and export e.g., FBX, Poser CR2 files, BioVision files, etc.
- It also lets you animate 3D models.
It is an advanced 3D model designing software which you can use to convert DAE to OBJ as well.
Blender is a free open source 3D modeler which can also be used as a DAE to OBJ converter. In it, you can find direct options to first import a DAE file and then export it to OBJ format.
How to convert DAE to OBJ in Blender:
- Open a DAE file in it by using File menu > Import > Collada (.dae) option.
- You can now view the 3D model present in the imported DAE file. Also, it provides various tools to edit the model prior to conversion, such as transform, mesh creation tools, animation options, rigid body tools, etc.
- When done, go to the File menu and select Export > Wavefront (.obj) option to simply convert DAE to OBJ.
- It supports more file formats other than DAE and OBJ, to import and export such as STL, 3DS, FBX, PLY, etc.
- It can be used for video editing too.
Blender is a featured 3D model generator software which you can also use to convert DAE to OBJ and other file formats.
MeshLab is the next free open source DAE to OBJ converter software for Windows, Mac, and Linux. Using it, you can simply view, edit, and convert DAE files. For conversion, it supports output formats including OBJ, PLY, 3DS, DXF, etc.
How to convert DAE to OBJ in MeshLab:
- By using its import feature, open a DAE model file in it. While opening, it asks you to select geometry nodes to import such as full scene, plane-mesh, circle-mesh, etc.
- You will now be able to view and edit the model as per your requirement. For this, you get several viewing and editing tools such as measuring tools, orbital view, manipulator tools, raster alignment, quality mappers, etc.
- When done with editing, go to its File menu and select Export Mesh As option to convert DAE to OBJ.
- You can enable “Not Editing” mode if you simply want to view and convert a 3D model.
- You can find various model rendering options in it Show Box Corners, Show Current Mesh, Show Quality Contour, Show Labels, Enable Shadow Mapping, Show UV Tex Param, Show Quality Histogram, etc.
It is a very user friendly software to convert DAE to OBJ and to view and create 3D models.
Wings 3D is yet another DAE to OBJ converter software on this list. It is basically a simple software to view, create, and edit 3D models. It supports both DAE and OBJ formats as input and output, hence you can convert DAE to OBJ in it. Let’s see what are the exact steps you need to perform for conversion.
How to convert DAE to OBJ in Wings 3D:
- Go the File menu and click on the Import > Collada (.dae) option to open a DAE file.
- Now, you can edit the model with available tools like scale, move, extrude, shell extrude, rotate, bevel, bridge, mirror, dissolve, etc.
- Next, click on the File menu > Export option > Wavefront (.obj) format to convert DAE to OBJ.
- Besides DAE and OBJ, it supports many more formats as input and output which include 3DS, STL, PLY, GLB, etc.
- It supports external plugins so that you can enhance its functionality.
It is a very easy to use software to convert DAE to OBJ and other formats. As it is primarily a 3D viewer and modeler, you can open, view, and build models through it.
Open 3D Model Viewer
Open 3D Model Viewer, as its name implies, is a free open source 3D model file viewer software for Windows. You can also use it as a DAE to OBJ converter. Let’s see how.
How to convert DAE to OBJ using Open 3D Model Viewer:
- Firstly, open DAE file in using the dedicated option from File menu. You will be able to view the model in different views including top, front, side, etc.
- Now, go to its Tools menu and select the Export option.
- It will open up a new export window where you need to set output format to Wavefront OBJ format. Additionally, you can set up some output parameters including use relative texture paths, include scene hierarchy, include animations, etc.
- After setting up all parameters and providing output location, hit the Export button.
You can also copy all texture files to a sub folder.
- Apart from OBJ, it supports output formats including STL, PLY, 3DS, DAE, etc.
- It shows a tree viewer to explore all objects and meshes of a 3D model.
- You can also view textures and materials used in a 3D model.
- A few inbuilt sample 3D scenes are provided in it which you can explore.
It is a hassle-free DAE to OBJ converter software to view as well as export 3D models from one format to another.
Bforartists is one more free open source DAE to OBJ converter software for Windows. It is also a 3D model creation software which lets you generate 3D content. It is exactly similar to Blender in terms of tools, features, and working. You can open a COLLADA/ DAE file in it, view and edit the file, and then export DAE in OBJ format. Let’s check out a sorted procedure to convert DAE to OBJ.
How to convert DAE to OBJ using Bforartists:
- Go to its File menu and select Import > Collada option to open a DAE file in it. You will be able to view the 3D model on its interface.
- Now, from its File menu, click on the Export option and select Wavefront (.obj) option in order to convert import DAE file to OBJ.
- Besides DAE and OBJ, it supports multiple input and output file formats including ABC, 3DS, FBX, PLY, X3D, STL, etc
- It provides different layouts to view and edit 3D models such as Animation, UV Editing, Compositing, Motion Tracking, etc.
It is another good alternative to a DAE to OBJ converter if you want a wholesome 3D modeling and rendering software. But, its interface is quite tacky to use especially for novice users.
We are the team behind some of the most popular tech blogs, like: I LoveFree Software and Windows 8 Freeware.More About Us
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014