6 Best Free EVP Enhancement Software For Windows
Here is a list of best free EVP enhancement software for Windows. EVP enhancement stands for Electronic Voice Phenomenon Enhancement. Using this method, you can extract low-intensity voice or sound from a file with background noise. People who track paranormal activities also use this method to extract ghost voices from their audio recordings. To perform EVP enhancement, you need to first remove all the background noises to isolate the main audio. In the second step, you need to amplify the main audio so that you can clearly hear and analyze it.
In these EVP enhancement software, you get both the necessary tools to perform EVP enhancement namely Noise Remover and Amplifier. These software also offer a lot of audio editing tools as most of them are basically audio editor software. Audio editing tools like Filters, Audio Effects, Mixers, Pitch Changer, Tempo Changer, Pitch Shift, etc., are present in these software. By using available audio editing tools, you can perform audio mixing, audio splitting, audio stretching, and other audio editing operations.
All of these software also show waveforms of input audio files which help you figure out noise levels and audio intensity at different positions of the audio timeline. Apart from various tools, these software also provide support for various audio file formats such as MP3, MP2, AAC, WAV, OGG, VOC, and more.
In general, all of these are quite simple to use and provide desired results. Go through the list to know more about these free EVP enhancement software.
My Favorite EVP Enhancement Software For Windows:
Audacity is my favorite software because it provides the best results and also offers a lot of handy audio editing tools. It is also very user friendly and can be used by both beginners and professionals.
Audacity is a free open source EVP enhancement software for Windows, MacOS, and Linux. Using this software, you can easily extract important audio information from an unclear and low-intensity audio. In order to extract important audio information, you need to use its Noise Reduction and Amplify tools. Apart from these tools, you can find a lot of audio enhancement and audio editing tools in this software like Audio Track, Recording, Plot Spectrum, Reverb, and more. Another good thing about this software is that it supports almost all audio file formats such as MP3, WAV, AAC, MP2, AIFF, OGG, and more.
How to perform EVP enhancement using Audacity:
- Launch this software and load an audio file of any format containing the low-intensity unclear voice.
- After that, select a part of the audio through your mouse and go to Effects menu and select the Noise Reduction option.
- Now, click on the Get Noise Profile button so that this software knows what to filter out and what to retain.
- After that, again select a part of the video that you want to enhance or select the entire audio timeline.
- Now, again open the Noise Reduction option and manually define noise reduction, sensitivity, and frequency smoothing values and press OK to remove noise from your audio.
- Once the noise is removed, you can now amplify the audio by using the Amplify option that is present in the Effects menu.
- Now, just listen to the audio to know whether the audio is clean and amplified or not. If audio still has noise, repeat the above steps until you get the desired output.
- Lastly, go to the File menu and export the enhanced audio in MP3, WAV, OGG, or any other supported audio format.
- Generate: Using it, you can add tones, noise, chirp, rhythm track, and more to your audio.
- Tracks: It lets you add new stereo, mono, and time tracks over the timeline on which you can add various audio samples and perform audio mixing.
- Effects: It is a menu that provides a lot of audio effects like audio duck, bass, treble, fade in fade out, truncate, crossfade, etc., which you can apply to input audio files.
It is a feature-rich EVP enhancement software that offers all necessary tools to extract low-intensity audio information from a noise filled audio file. Plus, it is a featured audio editor using which you can enhance an audio piece as per your requirements.
EArt Audio Editor
EArt Audio Editor is a full-fledged audio editor software that can also be used as an EVP enhancement software. This software is only available for the Windows platform.
In it, you can find all necessary EVP enhancement features along with many audio editing tools and features. Some of the handy audio editing tools of this software are audio filter, compressor, mix stereo channels, and phaser. Along with various tools, it also lets you add audio files of different formats to this software. Some of the supported audio formats of this software are WAV, MP3, MP2, PCM, and VOX.
How to use this EVP enhancement software:
- Open the interface of this software and load an audio file.
- After that, select a part of the audio from where you want to extract the targeted audio using your mouse.
- Now, open the Effects menu and select the Cassette Noise Reduction option to automatically remove background noise.
- After that, again go to the Effects menu and use the Amplify option to manually increase the amplification value by dragging the amplification slider towards the right direction.
- Lastly, preview the audio and use Save As option to save final audio in different audio formats.
- Filter: It lets you filter out different audio frequencies from input audio files.
- Recorder: Using it, you can record audio of external instruments like Microphone, MIDI instruments, etc.
- Pitch Shift: It lets you quickly increase or decrease the pitch of an audio sample.
It is another standard EVP Enhancement software that anyone can use to extract the intended audio or sound from an audio file.
Wavepad is another free EVP enhancement software for Windows, MacOS, iOS, and Android. It is primarily an audio editing software through which you can also perform EVP enhancement. As it is an audio editing software, hence a lot of audio editing tools are also present in it such as Effects, Audio Gain, Equalizer, Peak Finder, Multitrack Editor, and more. Along with various audio editing tools, it also offers two main EVP enhancement tools namely Noise Removal and Amplify. This software is also quite capable to handle multiple different audio formats like OGG, MP3, REC, VOC, CDA, WMA, and more.
How to perform EVP enhancement using this EVP enhancement software:
- Launch this software and load one or more audio files from which you need to extract important audio information. In case of multiple input audio files, each audio will open up in a separate tab.
- After that, select some part of the audio or the entire audio file and select the Noise Removal tool by going to the Tools tab.
- Noise Removal tool asks you to select a type of noise that you want to remove like old or low-quality recording, low volume recording with background noise, brief popping sounds, etc. Select one of the appropriate noise types and click next to preview the sound. Press next again to remove the noise.
- If the intensity of audio is low, then go to Levels tab and select the Amplify option to increase the sound intensity by manually selecting the amplification value.
- Lastly, save the enhanced audio in MP3, WAV, AIFF, or another audio format using the Save As option.
- Text To Speech: Using it, you can generate automated voice speech by entering the text.
- Sound Library: This software provides an online library consisting of thousands of audio samples which you can download and use in sound mixing and sound editing.
- Duplicate: It lets you quickly generate an exact copy of an entire audio file or a part of the audio file.
- Audio Tags: It allows you to manually edit tags and metadata of audio files like artist name, album name, genre, release date, etc.
This software is only free for non-commercial use.
It is another really good EVP enhancement software through which you can extract low intensity hidden voice or audio from a noise filled audio.
Leapic Audio Editor
Leapic Audio Editor is the next free EVP enhancement software for Windows. With the help of this software, you can extract weak audio or voice from a noisy audio file. To do that, this software offers two main tools namely Cassette Noise Reduction and Amplify. Other handy audio editing tools like Filters, Effects Tools, Flanger, Vibrato, etc. to make adjustments on the input audio file are also available.
How to perform EVP enhancement using EVP enhancement software:
- Launch this software and load an audio file of formats like MP3, WAV, AAC, OGG, etc.
- After that, select the whole audio timeline or a part of the audio using your mouse.
- Now, go to the Effects menu and select the Cassette Noise Reduction option to automatically remove background noise so that you can clearly hear the main voice or audio.
- After that, go to the Effects menu one more time and use the Amplify feature to increase the main voice volume.
- In the end, preview the voice using the inbuilt audio player and save it in any supported format like OGG, VOX, MP2, MP3, etc.
- Filters: This software provides various filters (Band Pass, High Pass, Low Shelf, FFT, etc.) which you can apply over the input audio to filter out certain audio frequency bands.
- Pitch Shift: As its name suggests, it is used to change the pitch of the audio. You can manually adjust the pitch by using the pitch shift slider.
- Compressor: Using it, you can compress an audio file by manually specifying the Compression Rate, Threshold, and RMS Time values.
It is another very capable EVP enhancement software that you can use to extract weak sound from a noisy sound sample.
oceanaudio is another one of free EVP enhancement software for Windows, Linux, and MacOS. Through this software, you can easily extract a weak voice and hidden sound from a noisy audio file. Besides this, you can also use this software as an audio editor as it offers a lot of audio editing tools. It also supports multiple audio formats like MP3, MP2, PCM, FLT, AD4, AMR, and more.
How to perform EVP enhancement using this EVP enhancement software:
- Open the interface of this software and load an audio file. Waveforms of the loaded audio file will immediately appear on the interface of this software.
- After loading the file, select a part of the audio from where you want to extract the audio.
- After that, go to Effects menu and either select Noise Reduction or Automatic Noise Reduction option. The Noise Reduction option lets you manually set the noise reduction value, whereas the automatic noise reduction option automatically removes the background noise from the audio.
- Now, go to Effects > Amplitude > Gain option to increase the gain value to increase the audio level.
- Lastly, preview the audio and save the audio in WAV, M4A, FLAC, AAC, AD4, and other audio formats.
- Generate: It lets you add silence, noise, tones, and DTMF audio in audio files.
- Analyze: It shows you FFT analysis graph of input audio along with some audio statistics like Peak Amplitude, Minimum RMS Power, Total RMS Power, Audio Codec, etc.
It is a simple and effective EVP enhancement software that allows you to extract weak audio from an unclear audio file.
Expstudio Audio Editor
Expstudio Audio Editor is the next free EVP enhancement software for Windows. It is also used as an audio editor software through which you can easily enhance audio, mix multiple audio samples, add sound effects to audio, etc. To perform audio editing, it offers many audio editing tools. Two of the audio editing tools namely Cassette Noise Reduce and Amplify can also be used to filter out the noise and extract the main voice or sound. In this software, you can input audio files of various formats such as WMA, PCM, VOX, MP3, MP2, etc.
How to extract weak audio using this EVP enhancement software:
- Start this software and load an audio file.
- After that, select the entire audio or a part of the audio with the use of the mouse.
- Now, open the Special FX menu and select the Cassette Noise Reduce option to automatically remove all the background noises.
- After that, go to the Effects menu and use the Amplify tool to amplify the weak audio.
- Lastly, listen to the final audio using the inbuilt audio player and save the audio in WAV format.
- Voice Effects: This software offers some unique voice effects like Female Voice, Male Voice, Chipmunk Voice, etc.
- Compressor: Using it, you can compress an audio sample by specifying the compression rate, RMS time, and db threshold values.
- Time Stretching: It allows you to slow down a part of the audio or the whole audio.
This EVP enhancement software is another very capable software that you can try for the extraction of low intensity audio from a noise filled audio file.
We are the team behind some of the most popular tech blogs, like: I LoveFree Software and Windows 8 Freeware.More About Us
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014