5 Best Free Open Source MP4 to DVD Converter Software for Windows
Here is a list of Best Free Open Source MP4 to DVD Converter Software for Windows. These are the free software which let you convert a MP4 video to DVD and they come with open source license. You can find, download, and modify source codes of these converters from their official website. Apart from MP4, these converters also let you convert other video files to DVD, such as MOV, AVI, MKV, 3GP, ASF, SWF, FLV, etc. In some software, you can also batch convert MP4 to DVD which saves time and effort. In a few software, you also get option to burn DVD to disc.
These free open source software let you customize a variety of output DVD settings before conversion. The settings that you can set up in these include DVD format and standard, DVD size, video encoder, aspect ratio, resolution, frame rate, audio/ video bit rate, etc. You can also add custom DVD menu in many of these and set up multiple menu settings like titles, font, size, background image, etc. Some software also let you add subtitles to output DVD and for that, SRT, SSA, and ASS formats are supported. In general, these are quite feature rich software which let you edit various DVD settings and then convert MP4 to DVD.
The conversion of process is quite easy in all these software. One of these is command based MP4 to DVD converter which needs you to execute a particular command in order to perform the conversion. I have listed down exact steps of conversion for each of these converters. You can go through the list to know more about these converter.
My Favorite Free Open Source MP4 to DVD Converter Software for Windows:
DVD Flick is one of my favorite software to convert MP4 and other video files to DVD. It provides a lot of options to customize output DVD parameters.
I also like QtlMovie as it is very easy to use and offers some additional tools too.
DVD Flick is a nice free open source MP4 to DVD converter for Windows. It is a dedicated software to convert various video files to DVD. It supports over 45 file formats to perform video to DVD conversion including AVI, ASF, SWF, MKV, WMV, MOV, and more.
How to convert MP4 to DVD in DVD Flick:
- Firstly, create a new project and add MP4 videos to it.
- Next, select target size for output DVD. It lets you choose from some predefined DVD sizes which include DVD, DVD DL, DVD RAM, Mini DVD, and Mini DVD DL. If you want to enter a custom DVD size, you can do that too.
- Now, you can customize more parameters including output DVD format (NTSC, PAL, NTSC- film, Mixed), target bitrate, audio volume, channel count, and audio bitrate.
- You can also add titles and menu to output DVD as per your requirements and customize menu settings using dedicated option.
- After configuring all settings, you can start MP4 to DVD conversion by clicking the Create DVD button.
- It also lets you generate an ISO image or you can also directly burn DVD project to disc. To do so, you can go to its Project Settings > Burning option.
- It also supports subtitles in SRT, SSA, and ASS file formats.
- If needed, you can set up process priority to increase the speed of MP4 to DVD conversion process.
It is a great open source MP4 to DVD converter that supports a lot more other video files to convert video to DVD.
AVStoDVD is another free open source MP4 to DVD converter software for Windows. It is a simple software that lets you convert multiple media files to convert to DVD. Apart from MP4, it supports various input video formats such as AVI, MOV, MKV, ASF, 3GP, WMV, etc. You can easily convert MP4 or any other video file to DVD with customized output settings. Let us checkout steps of conversion below.
How to convert MP4 to DVD in AVStoDVD:
- First, create a new project and add MP4 videos to the project.
- Next, customize various DVD output configurations including DVD size, output format (Elementary MPEG2 Streams, Muxed MPEG2 File, DVD Folder Structure), DVD video standard (NTSC or PAL), lower average bitrate, higher average bitrate, etc.
- After that, you can set up video (encoder, aspect ratio, resolution, etc.), audio, and subtitle settings.
- Furthermore, you can also set up DVD menu using respective option from the main toolbar.
- Now, you can also edit some DVD Authoring/Burning preferences that include audio language, subtitles language, subtitles font, chapter interval, DVD burning speed, etc.
- Finally, start the MP4 to DVD conversion by clicking the Save button.
It is a nice free open source MP4 to DVD converter that lets you customize output DVD size, format, menu, and many more settings before starting the conversion.
QtlMovie is yet another open source MP4 to DVD converter software for Windows. It is a very easy to use software that lets you quickly convert video file to DVD. You can customize a lot of DVD settings prior to conversion. Also, it supports many input video formats apart from MP4, such as AVI, MOV, MKV, etc. You can convert MP4 to DVD MPEG file or a DVD ISO image file using this software.
How to convert MP4 to DVD in QtlMovie:
The steps to convert a MP4 video to DVD file is quite straightforward; let us checkout:
- First, enter the input MP4 video file to its Input File field.
- Now, if you want, you can enter subtitles to output video in formats including SRT, SSA, and ASS. If not, you can select the None option.
- Next, select output file format and location. It also provide a force custom display aspect ratio option which you can use as per your requirement.
- After that, press the Start button which will start MP4 to DVD conversion process.
You can find a lot of handy tools in its Tools menu, which are:
- It provides a Batch Conversion Mode to convert multiple video files to DVDs at once.a time.
- You can transcode an input video file.
- It lets you extract content of a copy-protected DVD.
- You can see detailed input file properties.
- It also provides a tool to test audio.
It is a simple yet effective MP4 to DVD converter which provides some additional tools which may come in handy.
FFmpeg is a free open source audio and video processor that you can use as MP4 to DVD converter. It is a command based software that requires you to perform various tasks like playing video, converting video, resizing video, viewing/ editing video metadata, etc. To convert MP4 to DVD, you need to enter a specific command related to this task. Let’s see what is the command and what are the steps required to perform the conversion.
How to convert MP4 to DVD using commands through FFmpeg:
- First, open command prompt and navigate to the download folder of this software, where “ffmpeg.exe” file is present.
- Now, write and command similar to this:
ffmpeg.exe -y -i "ListOffreeware.mp4" -f dvd -target pal-dvd -b:v 5000k -r 25 -filter:v scale=720:576 -ar 48000 -b:a 384k "ListOffreeware.mpg".
- In the above command, ListOffreeware.mp4 is the input MP4 video and ListOffreeware.mpg is output DVD file. There are other DVD parameters defined in the above command, such as pal-dvd (DVD format), scale=720:576 (DVD size), etc.
- At last, press Enter and it will start converting MP4 to DVD.
Similarly, you can convert any other video file to DVD using it.
FFmpeg is a versatile command line software to perform various video processing tasks including MP4 to DVD conversion.
WinFF is one more open source MP4 to DVD converter for Windows. It is basically a video converter which supports multiple video formats to perform conversion. You can also use it convert MP4 and other videos to DVD. The good part is that it can convert multiple MP4 videos to DVD at once.
How to convert MP4 to DVD in WinFF:
- Firstly, add one or more MP4 videos to it.
- Next, select output format as DVD and customize DVD preset.
- Now, provide output folder and hit the Convert button to start batch MP4 to DVD conversion.
- It provides a dedicated feature to preview input video file.
It is a good open source standard video converter as well as MP4 to DVD converter which supports batch conversion.
We are the team behind some of the most popular tech blogs, like: I LoveFree Software and Windows 8 Freeware.More About Us
- December 2022
- November 2022
- October 2022
- September 2022
- August 2022
- July 2022
- June 2022
- May 2022
- April 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- January 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014