5 Best Free Open Source SWF Player Software For Windows
Here is a list of best free open source SWF player software for Windows. As these are open source SWF players, thus the source code of these software are freely available for everyone. Plus, you can also edit their source code of these SWF players without any restrictions, if you want.
SWF or ShockWave Flash file carries interactive graphics, videos, and vector-based animations. To play this file, you need media player software that supports SWF format as input. In these players, you can interact with interactive SWF media files. However, all of these SWF players do not work with interactive SWF graphics files. Still, you can play a media file or an animation present in an SWF file. In order to offer a good SWF playing experience to users, these software also offer various playback control functionalities like play/pause button, next frame, previous frame, next file, volume controller, etc. Besides this, various view adjustment tools to play SWF file in full-screen mode, zoom in on videos, and adjust frame size are also provided by these players.
In some of these players, you can also play media files of various other formats like MP4, WMV, DIVX, FLV, AAC, AC3, WMA, OGG, etc. Plus, they also offer multiple tools (video effects, audio effects, equalizer, etc.) to adjust the media playback. Many media playback tools can also be used to improve the SWF file playback experience. In general, all of these players are quite straightforward to use. Go through the list to know more about these SWF players.
My Favorite Open Source SWF Player Software For Windows:
MPC-HC is my favorite software because it can play both interactive and non-interactive SWF files. It also offers a loop feature to play short duration SWF videos. Plus, it can also be used to play common video and audio files of various formats.
VLC media player is another good and versatile video player that you can use to play SWF files.
MPC-HC is a free open source SWF player software for Windows. It is mainly a media player software in which you can play both the video and audio files of various formats like WMV, MP4, DIVX, FLV, 3GP, AAC, AC3, MP3, and more. The main advantage of this software is its loop playback feature that helps you view an animation of a very short duration present in an SWF file. Plus, this software also lets you interact with interactive SWF files.
As it is primarily a media player software, thus many media playback tools are also offered by it that you can also use during the SWF file playback. Now, check out the main features of this software.
- Play: It is a tab that offers various media and SWF files playback features that lets you play/ pause media, and adjust playback speed and volume of the media.
- View Tools: To help you adjust the viewing experience, this software offers tools like fullscreen mode, zoom, pan&scan, video frame size adjustment, and more.
- Navigate: Using it, you can directly jump from one SWF file to another SWF file present in the same folder. Plus, an option to jump within a video to a specific time is also offered by it.
- Save Image: Through this feature, you can extract and save a frame of a video file. However, this feature does not work with SWF files.
- After Playback: This feature lets you set after playback tasks like Hibernate, Shutdown, Log Off, Lock, etc.
It is a simple yet effective SWF player software that offers all the essential tools to play both interactive and non-interactive SWF files.
VLC media player
VLC media player is a free open source SWF player software for Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS, and Android. In this player, you can also play video and audio files of almost any format like MP4, AVI, 3GP, F4V, ASF, AIFF, AMB, AAC, AMR, MP3, MP2, and more.
This software provides an ideal media playing environment. Plus, all essential tools which you need while watching an SWF video are present on its interface like volume controller, play/ pause buttons, next/ previous buttons, full-screen mode, etc. However, it does not work with an interactive SWF file.
Let’s move on to the main features of this software.
- Video: In it, you get various video adjustment tools through which you can change the aspect ratio, zoom ratio, and crop ratio during the SWF video playback. Besides this, it also offers full screen and screenshot capturing tools.
- Playback: It offers many handy tools through which you can quickly jump forward and backward across the SWF video timeline. Plus an option to increase and decrease the video playback speed is also offered by it.
- Subtitle: Using it, you can import subtitle files of various formats (SRT, SUB, CDG, IDX, etc.) and play it with a video.
- Effects and Filters: It contains many video and audio effects and filters which you can apply over input video to enhance the video watching experience.
- Track Synchronization: If the audio and video of an SWF file are out of sync, then you can use this feature to synchronize audio with the video.
- Media Information: In it, you can view video metadata (title, artist name, genre, etc.), codec, and statistics (bitrate, media data size, demuxed data size, etc.) information about a video.
This software does not support interactive flash files.
It is a good open source SWF player software in which you can enjoy watching SWF and various media files.
Extreme Flash Player
Extreme Flash Player is another free open source SWF player software for Windows. It is a dedicated flash player software in which you can play SWF files. Apart from SWF, it does not support any other file. In this player, you can play both the interactive and non-interactive SWF files. Now, let us check out the main features of this software.
- Play: It is a simple tool through which you can start as well as stop SWF file animation.
- Rewind: It lets you quickly jump to the initial or starting frame of a video or animation of an SWF file.
- Forward: It is another handy tool through which you can move from one frame to the next frame at a time.
- Settings: In it, you can view all the recently played SWF files and play them directly from this settings panel.
It is one of the simplest open source SWF player software that anyone can use without much hassle.
SMPlayer is yet another free open source SWF player software for Windows. It is primarily a media player software that also lets you view SWF video files. However, it does not support interactive SWF files. As it is mainly a media player software, it supports many media formats like AVI, DIVX, MPG, MP4, MOV, M4V, MP2, OGG, MP3, MPC, AAC, and more. Plus, all essential media playing tools are also offered by it that you can also use during the SWF video playback.
- Play: In it, you can find all standard media playing and navigation tools like Play, Pause, Frame (to move to next frame), Jump To, Speed (to adjust the SWF playback speed), etc.
- Video: It offers various tools to adjust the SWF file viewing experience like fullscreen mode, compact mode, size (to play a video at 50, 75, or 100 percent of its original size), flip, rotate, mirror, and more.
- Subtitles: Through this feature, you can import an SRT subtitle file and play it with a video.
- URL Play: Through this feature, you can stream an online video by providing its URL link.
- Cast To: It is another handy feature through which you can cast a video to Chromecast supported devices.
- File Properties: It shows the detailed information about an input video file like resolution, aspect ratio, frame per second, video codec, demuxer, and more.
This player does not support interactive SWF files.
It is another easy to use open source SWF player in which you can easily view videos of SWF and other supported formats.
Bino is one more free open source 3D video player software in which you can also play SWF videos. It works on Windows, macOS, Linux, and FreeBSD. In it, you will be able to play non-interactive SWF files with ease. A handy loop mode to play a short duration SWF file in a loop is also present in it. Plus, you can also apply various 3D effects over an SWF video. Apart from SWF, it supports common video formats like MP4, WMV, AVI, MOV, etc.
Now, check out the main features of this open source SWF player.
- General Playback Tools: All the general video playback tools are present on its interface like Play, Pause, Stop, Seek Forward, Seek Backward, Volume Controller, etc.
- Input: It lets you apply 3D techniques (alternating left first, left/right, even/odd rows, etc.) over an input SWF file to give it a 3D look.
- Open URL: Through this feature, you can play an online video stream within this player by using the video stream URL link.
- Video History: In the File menu of this software, you can view the names of previously played video files. By clicking on the name of a video, you can start its playback.
This software does not support interactive SWF files.
It is a nice open source SWF player in which you can play SWF videos with added 3D effects.
We are the team behind some of the most popular tech blogs, like: I LoveFree Software and Windows 8 Freeware.More About Us
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014