7 Best Free PES File Viewer Software for Windows
Here is a list of best free PES file viewer for Windows. Using these free software, you can visualize embroidery designs carried in PES embroidery file format. PES is a Brother Embroidery Format that contains embroidery designs and stitching sequences as well as instructions to generate embroideries with sewing machines. These software help you view and analyze PES embroidery design using standard viewing tools like zoom, rotate, pan, move, show grid, show needle points, show hoops, and more. A 3D view feature is also provided in some software to visualize PES embroidery in a realistic environment.
Some of these PES file viewers provide an advanced tool called Slow Redraw. Using this tool, you can play the entire stitching process of a PES embroidery at a desired speed. Apart from that, some other useful features like view embroidery properties, check statistics related to PES embroidery, measurement tool, color advance, color reverse, and more are also provided in many software.
Other than PES, these software also let you view embroidery designs in embroidery file formats including ART, ARX, PEC, EMD, GNC, SHV, VIP, SEW, XXX, DST, etc. You can also export PES file to other supported embroidery formats using a few software. In general, these PES viewers are quite feature rich as well as easy to operate.
My Favorite PES File Viewer for Windows:
BERNINA ARTLink is my favorite software as you get an advanced set of features to view PES files and other embroidery files in it. You can even save a PES embroidery in other formats using it.
BERNINA ArtLink is a free PES file viewer for Windows. It is basically an embroidery viewer and editor software that supports a wide number of embroidery file formats including PES. The other supported embroidery files include ART, ARX, PEC, EMD, GNC, SHV, VIP, SEW, XXX, DST, and more. It provides an advanced set of features to visualize embroidery designs present in a PES file. Let’s checkout the main features of this PES viewer.
- It lets you check the PES embroidery design properties including design name, stitches, colors, fabric type, fabric name, required stabilizer, number of threads, thread colors, embroidery summary (author, title, comment, etc.), and more.
- You can view the embroidery saved in a PES file in Artistic View.
- The standard embroidery viewing tools like zoom, rotate, pan, previous view, show grid, show rulers & guides, show needle points, show hoops, etc., are available in it.
- A measuring tool is also offered to measure length and angle in a PES embroidery design.
- You get a Slow Redraw feature in it that lets you view the animation of the entire embroidery design and stitching process. It lets you adjust the stitch range and animation speed, reverse the animation, auto scroll, and more while doing so.
- Read from Card/Machine and Write to Card/Machine are provided in this software that lets you read/ write designs to/ from embroidery machines.
- It lets you save PES file in other supported embroidery file formats.
It is one of the best free PES file viewer that provides great tools to view embroidery designs.
my editor is another nice PES file viewer for Windows. Not just PES, it offers support to multiple embroidery machines and formats to view respective embroidery designs, e.g., DST, PCS, VP3, EXP, HUS, XXX, VIP, SHV, SEW, JEF, ZHS, etc. You can use this software to view embroidery designs as well as to edit various properties of the embroidery.
- You can use its Slow Redraw feature that allows you to play the entire stitching sequence of the PES embroidery design. While doing so, you get the flexibility to adjust the speed of animation.
- The PES file opens up in three different modes and sections including the embroidery design, embroidery sequence, and embroidery’s image map.
- It lets you visualize the 3D view of imported PES embroidery design.
- You can change the fabric which will embroider on the PES embroidery design.
- Zoom, rotate, scale design, hide selected objects, show hidden objects, show stitch marks, show filled outlines, and more standard features are also available in this PES file viewer.
- It allows you to checkout the statistics related to a PES embroidery.
- It provides a handy feature to ‘remove small’ stitches that can cause thread breakage in current PES embroidery.
- You also get an Auto-Density feature that you can use to adjust density of chosen objects or whole embroidery design.
- It lets you save a PES embroidery in another supported format.
- You can export a PES embroidery to a PNG, JPG, BMP, or TIFF image.
Overall, it is another one of the best PES file viewers that contains all essential as well as some advanced features to view and analyze PES embroidery design and sequence.
Edit Express Lite
Edit Express Lite is another PES file viewer for Windows. It supports some more embroidery file formats to view designs including PEC, PCS, EMD, JEF, EXP, SEW, XXX, BLF, CSD, VIP, VP3, DST, SHV, and HUS. You get a lot of handy features in it to view a PES embroidery while customizing the view.
- It provides a handy Browser to browse and open PES files from a local directory.
- To properly view the PES file, it provides essential features including pan, zoom, etc.
- You can view a PES embroidery design in a realistic or 3D rendered view.
- It lets you view a list of hoops that can be used in the current design.
- Color Advance and Color Reverse features are provided in it to move forward/ reverse in the design by one color.
- You can change the color of the PES embroidery using the provided color palette.
- A stitches bar to view the stitching sequence from first to last stitch is also provided in it.
- You can print the PES embroidery design.
- It lets you save PES file in another version of PES including v6, v7, and v8.
This software shows restrictions to some of its features in its free edition such as opening multiple files together and some editing features are disabled.
It is a nice software to view, print, or save PES files in different versions of PES file format.
Embrilliance is yet another free PES file viewer for Windows and Mac. You can easily open a PES file in it and view and analyze the embroidery design properly using various tools. Besides PES files, a lot more other embroidery files are supported in it for embroidery visualizations. These embroidery file formats include ART (ART42, ART50, ART60), DST, DSZ, EMB, EMD, EXP, HUS, JEF, PCS, PHB, SEW, SHV, VIP, etc.
- It provides an “Objects” panel to browse and check objects used in the PES embroidery design.
- You can visualize embroidery by changing thread and color properties from the Properties panel.
- 3D view, metric grid, ghost mode, draw hoop, and more features are provided to properly visualize PES embroidery file.
- It comes with the standard Zoom functions too.
- Furthermore, it allows you to add a lettering design, merge designs from its library, and do more.
The free version of this software restricts some features e.g., save function. You can get its paid version to completely utilize its features.
It is a nicely designed software that lets you view embroidery files of different formats including PES.
Embroidery Reader, as its name suggests, is a dedicated embroidery file viewer software for Windows. You can open and view embroidery designs of PES format in it. Other than PES, it doesn’t support any other embroidery format. In terms of feature set, it provides only standard embroidery viewing tools. Let’s checkout what are those features.
- It provides basic PES file viewing tools including rotate and zoom tools.
- You can customize a few PES embroidery visualization preferences including background color, transparency grid, enable/disable remove ugly stitches, and thread thickness.
- It lets you save PES embroidery in an image in BMP, PNG, JPG, GIF, or TIFF format.
- You can print PES embroidery design too.
It is a basic PES file viewer that provides only a few tools to view embroidery designs.
File Viewer Lite
File Viewer Lite is a universal file viewer that can also be used as a PES file viewer. It is basically used to view files of different types in one software. You can view document files, spreadsheets, raw and common images, audio, video along with PES embroidery files in it. It displays the embroidery design in the form of an image.
- It provides PES file metadata which you can view in the left panel.
- You get zoom and rotate options to properly analyze PES embroidery in it.
- As it displays PES embroidery design, you can resize, crop, add effect, add border, and do more while viewing the PES file.
This free version of File Viewer has some limitations (save feature is disabled, etc.) which you can remove by purchasing its pro version.
If you are looking for a universal file viewer that also lets you view PES embroidery files, you can try this one.
Embroidermodder is a free portable PES file viewer for Windows. Using it, you can also view some other embroidery files including KSM, HUS, PCS, EXP, and DST. You get all essential tools and features in it that enable you to view and analyze PES embroideries.
- You can properly view PES embroidery by using zoom options including zoom in, zoom out, zoom to fit, zoom to selection, and zoom to actual size.
- It lets you view statistics related to PES embroidery such as number of stitches, real stitches, jump stitches, center of design, colors, total length of stitches, maximum stitch length, minimum stitch length, stitch length distribution, and more.
- You can use the View > Analyze feature to analyze PES embroidery and save the analyzed data in CSV format.
- If you want, you can save an imported PES file in other supported embroidery formats.
It is a nice simple software that helps you visualize embroidery designs present in PES and other formats.
We are the team behind some of the most popular tech blogs, like: I LoveFree Software and Windows 8 Freeware.More About Us
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014