6 Best Free QuickBooks Alternative Software For Windows
Here is a list of best free QuickBooks alternative software for Windows. QuickBooks is popular online accounting software that helps you manage accounts of a business. However, it is also a paid online accounting service that everyone cannot afford. To resolve this problem, I have created a list of QuickBooks alternative software that helps you fulfill the accounting needs of a business just like the QuickBooks. Although, all of these alternatives are offline software unlike QuickBooks. Still, just like QuickBooks, you will be able to manage sales, invoices, and other accounting aspects of a business through these alternatives.
To manage accounting needs, these alternatives offer important sections namely such as Sales/Invoices, Accounts, Transactions, Reports, etc. Through Sales/Invoices section, you can track sales, create invoices for customers, and manage existing invoices. Through Accounts, you can create accounts, manage existing business accounts, specify initial balance, transfer money, track received payment, etc. With the help of Transaction section, you can view and manage all the business transactions. The Reports section allows you to generate many important financial performance reports like profit, loss, balance report, budget report, etc. Besides this, you can find many other features to manage other aspects of a business like payroll, employees, customers, etc. Go through the list to know more about these alternatives.
My Favorite QuickBooks Alternative Software For Windows:
BS1 Accounting is my favorite software because it offers similar set of features that you get in QuickBooks. Using it, you can perform all major tasks like sales tracking, invoice creation, accounts management, transactions, etc.
BS1 Accounting is a free QuickBooks alternative for Windows. It is good accounting software that caters to the needs of a small business. Using it, you cannot only manage accounts (AP, AR, and General Ledger) and financial data of a business but also manage Sales, and Inventory information. Unlike most other software, it also lets you manage accounts of multiple companies and their subsidiaries. Now, check out the main features of this QuickBooks alternative.
- AP (Accounts Payable): It helps you complete payments and control expenses by receiving payments. To do that, it offers options through which you can add new vendors, manage existing vendors, view outstanding invoices, create new invoices, manage payments done to vendors, and adjust vendor types (inventory or shipping).
- AR (Accounts Receivable): It helps you manage the balance of money that not yet paid by your customers. To do that, it offers various sections like Customers (to manage customers with due balance), Invoices (to create new and manage copies of invoices sent to customers), Payments (to manage all the payments received from customers), and Taxes (to add and manage tax codes and tax rates).
- GL (General Ledger): It helps you manage a record of all the transactions occurred in your company. It also offers various features such as Accounts (to manage all the accounts of a company), Journal Vouchers (it helps you record and manage all the accounting transactions), Budget (use it to specify the financial budget for your company), and Charts (it lets you generate income by period, income by year, account by year, etc., charts).
- Inventory: Use it to add, edit, and manage information about products, items, and warehouses, etc.
- Sales Analysis: To analyze the sales, it lets you generate financial charts and examine the history of sales.
- Backup: Use it to create the backup of all the financial data and accounts of a company.
- Pack/Repair: Use it to repair tables of corrupted financial data.
It is a great free QuickBooks alternative that offers a good environment to track and manage sales, invoices, transactions, and accounts.
Adminsoft Accounts Suit
Adminsoft Accounts Suit is another free QuickBooks alternative for Windows. Similar to QuickBooks, it can also be used to manage the accounting needs of a business such as Accounts (AP and AR), General Ledger, Invoices, Employees, Payroll, etc. To do that, it offers separate sections (tabs) on its interface which you can easily use. Now, let us check out the main features of this software.
- Accounts Receivable: In this section, you can add and manage customers, customers’ contacts, and other associated information. Besides this, it lets you create invoices, manage receivable amounts by customers, track all transactions, generate estimates, process sales commission, etc.
- Accounts Payable: Use it to add and manage contacts and associated information of suppliers. Besides this, it lets you manage received invoices, received refunds, received proforma, aged invoices, transactions, etc.
- General Ledger: Using it, you can add and manage all the Transactions (recurring transactions, money received, money paid, etc.), Budgets, Accounts, Asset Register, Account Periods, etc. Plus, it lets you generate various reports such as trial balance report, audit trail report, account activity, assets register report, and more.
- Inventory: As its name suggests, it is used to manage details such as stock items, stock movements, estimated stock items, reserved items, stock take, stock list, sales discount, stock item search, and more. From this section, you can also create purchase orders, list purchase orders, and generate the purchase order report.
- HR/Payroll: This section allows you to manage the payoll of employees of a company. To do that, it offers features like Employee Planner, Employee Details, Payroll, and List Company Vehicles.
- This software also offers many additional features through which you can adjust currencies, payment type, departments of company, view deleted transactions, and more.
It is a feature-rich QuickBooks alternative that offers all the essential features to manage the accounting needs of a business.
Akaunting is another free open source QuickBooks alternative for Windows. According to its name, it is an accounting software through which you can manage personal finances and accounts of a business. However, unlike other similar software, it is a web-based software that needs web hosting software (XAMPP) and a web browser to work.
Here are its key features:
- Banking: Through this section, you can manage all business accounts, transactions (payment received, purchase payment), transfers (to manage money transfer between two accounts), and reconciliations. It also lets you export accounts information in XML format.
- Sales: From here, you can create invoices for customers, manage existing invoices, add & tack revenue information, and manage all your customer’s information.
- Reports: Using it, you can generate reports like Income, Expanse, Profit & Loss, etc.
- Dashboard: The dashboard of this software shows various important information at one place such as Account balance, Latest Income, Total Profit, Income By Category, and more.
- Apps Store: Similar to QuickBooks, it also comes with its own apps store from where you can import apps to introduce more accounting features to this software
It is another very capable QuickBooks alternative that you can use to manage accounts of a business effectively.
HomeBank is a free open source QuickBooks alternative software for Windows, Debian, and macOS. Similar to QuickBooks, it is also an accounting software for small businesses. Through this software, you can manage multiple accounts, payees, budget, transactions, etc. Plus, at any time, you can generate reports about various financial aspects of a business. Now, check out the main features of this QuickBooks alternative.
- Accounts: Using this section, you can add new accounts and edit existing ones by adjusting the account type (bank, cash, asset, etc.), currency type, current balance opening balance, etc. It also lets you set the balance limits and current check number.
- Budget: Using it, you can set the income and expense budget. Plus, it also helps you track your monthly savings.
- Transactions: In it, you can add new and manage all the expenses, income, and money transfer transactions.
- Import & Export: Using these features, you can import and export financial data and accounts information in the form of QIF, QFX, CSV, etc., formats.
- Reports: It allows you to generate various types of financial data reports like Budget Report, Balance Report, Trend Time Report, etc.
- Scheduler: Using it, you can schedule various types of transactions to later dates. From the scheduled section, you can track all the scheduled transactions.
- Anonymize: It is a handy feature that lets you hide all the personal information from the financial data.
It is simple to use QuickBooks alternative that offers a good set of accounting and financial data management features.
GnuCash is another free open source QuickBooks alternative software for Windows, macOS, and Linux. Through this software, you can manage finances and accounts of small businesses. Although, you can also use it to manage your personal finances. Similar to QuickBooks, it lets you establish and manage business accounts, transactions, financial data retrieval, business assets, budget, income, expenses, taxation, and more. In it, you can also import new financial data in the form of QIF, QFX, CSV, etc., formats. Plus, all the new or existing financial data can be modified using this software without much hassle.
You can check out the main features of this QuickBooks alternative below.
- Accounts: Using it, you can create new accounts, import accounts, and edit existing accounts. On its interface, you can view all the accounts that you can easily open to view current balance, transfer amount, account description, etc. A handy check & repair feature to find and correct account redundancy and other errors.
- Transactions: It is another handy feature that offers various tools to manage transactions such as cut transactions, copy transactions, duplicate transactions, remove other splits, void transactions, add reversing transactions, and more.
- Actions: Using it, you can store and manage information about various accounting actions like assigning budgets, transactions, reconcile, online transactions, schedule transactions, etc.
- Business: It provides business accounting specific features through which you can add new customers, create invoices, process payments, add new vendors, enter and manage employee’s expenses, edit billing terms, and more.
- Reports: This section allows you to generate various types of financial reports such as Income & Expense, Transaction Report, Assets & Liabilities, Account Summary, and more.
- Price Database: Using it, add and manage values of different currencies with which you usually work like USD, INR, etc.
- Loan Payment Calculator: It helps you calculate your loan payment by using loan parameters like payment period, interest rate, present value, periodic payment value, future value, etc.
It is a capable QuickBooks alternatives that with a useful set of accounting and finance management features.
Manager is the next free QuickBooks alternative software for Windows, macOS, and Linux. It is full-featured accounting software that offers a similar set of features that you get in the QuickBooks, Plus, it is quite straightforward to use. Now check out the main features of this software.
- Bank Accounts: From this section, you can create and manage multiple bank accounts of a business. Plus, you can edit account types and values at any time.
- Sales Invoices: Use it to quickly generate new invoices for customers for their purchases. It also lets you manage old invoices.
- Receipts & Payments: Use it to manage receipts and payments from various suppliers.
- Reports: Use it to generate all reports like profit, loss, balance sheet, trial balance, etc.
- Employees: Use it to add new employees and manage information of existing ones. It also helps you generate their payrolls.
- In this free version of the Manager, you cannot add multiple users. To remove this limitation, you need to purchase the premium cloud version of this software.
It is yet another easy to use QuickBooks alternative that anyone can use with ease.
We are the team behind some of the most popular tech blogs, like: I LoveFree Software and Windows 8 Freeware.More About Us
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014