6 Best Free SKP File Converter Software For Windows
Here is a list of best free SKP file converter software for Windows. SKP or SketchUp file carries 3D conceptual designs which can be shared with others; it is generated with SketchUp software. Along with a 3D model or design, it also carries layers, wireframe, and other 3D model elements. In order to convert models contained in SketchUp files to different formats, you need these SKP file converter software. Through these converters, you can convert an SKP file to different formats like DWG, DXF, 3DS, EMF, SVG, ICO, GIF, HDR, and more.
These software also offer a great environment to view models present in an SKP file. To properly view an SKP file model, these converters offer viewing tools like zoom, rotate, wireframe view, camera, etc. Through some of these converters, you can also edit models of an SKP file. For editing SKP file models, you can find multiple model editing tools in some software which you can easily operate. Some of the editing tools which get in these software are Draw Order, Polygon, Polyline, Line, Angular Ray, Change Color Profile, etc. After viewing and editing a model, you can convert it to a specific output file format. To help you out, I have included the steps to convert SKP file in the description of each software.
In these software, you also get some additional tools which can come in handy such as Animation, View, After Conversion Tasks, etc. In general, these converters are packed with tools and features which you can use for multiple purposes. Go through the list to know more about these software.
My Favorite SKP File Converter Software For Windows:
pCon.planner is my favorite software because it allows you to convert an SKP file to multiple file formats. I also like its four model viewing windows which let you inspect SKP file models from all directions. Plus, a good set of additional tools are also offered by it like Animation, Video, etc.
pCon.planner is a free 3D interior designing software that can also be used as an SKP file converter software. It works on Windows platforms. Through this software, you can convert an SKP file to various Geometry formats (DWG, DXF, 3DS, DAE, etc.), Vector Image formats (EMF, SVG, etc.), and Image formats (PNG, BMP, JPG, and GIF).
Before converting the format of an SKP file, you can also use this software to modify its design or model. To edit the SKP file model, this software provides various editing tools like Geometry (to edit geometry parameters), Layers, Edit Texture, Material Transfer, Tape Measure, etc. After editing, you can start the SKP file conversion process.
How to convert SKP file using pCom.planner:
- Start this software and use the Open option to load an SKP file to this software.
- After that, you can view and edit the SKP file model according to your requirements using available tools.
- Next, go to the File > Export menu and select a category of output file formats such as Geometry, Vector Image, Image Formats, etc.
- Now, select a specific output file format and click on the Save button to initiate the conversion.
- Animation: This feature lets you record the movements of a model in the form of animation.
- Video: It is similar to the Animation feature, but instead of saving it in the form of simple animation, it saves it in a video format.
- Model Viewing Windows: This software offers four windows to view a model from different directions like Top, Front, Right, etc.
It is a cleanly designed SKP file converter software through which you can view, edit, and convert SKP files with ease.
XnConvert is a free SKP file converter software for Windows, macOS, and Linux. It is mainly a batch image converter software that supports images of various formats. Just like images, you can also use it to batch convert multiple SKP files to various formats like PDF, PDB, MIF, JPG, ICO, GIF, HDR, KRO, etc. Besides changing the file format, you can also make some changes (add watermark, apply filters, change color profile, etc.) to multiple SKP files at a time. However, you will not be able to edit models contained by SKP files through this software. Follow the below steps to convert SKP files.
How to convert SKP files using XnConvert:
- Start this software and go to the Input tab and press the Add files button to load one or more SKP files.
- After that, go to Actions tab and choose editing actions like add mask, crop, watermark, filter, etc., if you want to make some changes to the appearance of SKP file designs.
- Next, move to Output tab and select an output file format from the Format menu.
- Lastly, specify the output folder location and click on the Convert button to start the conversion process.
- Use CPU Core: Through this feature, you can specify the number of CPU cores that this software can use during the conversion process.
- After Conversion Tasks: Using it, you can select an after conversion task from three available ones (open file explorer, clear input files, and close Xnconvert) that will automatically execute after the completion of the file conversion process.
- General Options: A set of general options are provided by it that you can enable or disable like keep folder structure, preserve metadata, preserve extension, preserve color profile, etc.
- This software is only free for private and educational use. To use it commercially, you need to purchase the paid license of this software.
It is one of the best free SKP file converters as it allows you to batch convert multiple SKP files to a lot of different image file formats.
DoubleCAD XT is a free CAD software that can also be used as an SKP file converter. It works on Windows. Through this software, you can also view and edit models of an SKP file. Apart from SKP, it supports many other file formats too, like DWG, 2CD, 2CT, PLT, etc. To view and analyze models, it offers a View tab that lets you perform actions like zoom in, pan design, modify design orientation, pan to point, and more. For editing, it provides a Draw tab that offers editing tools like Draw Order, Polygon, Polyline, Line, Angular Ray, etc. In this software, you can also insert external elements, raster image, blocks, etc., to perform further editing. Now, follow the below steps to convert the SKP file format.
How to convert SKP file using DoubleCAD XT:
- Launch this software and click on the Open button to load an SKP file.
- Next, use various available model viewing tools to examine the models present in the input SKP file.
- Now, you can perform SKP file editing if you want.
- After viewing and editing, use the Save as option and choose an output file format from available ones like 2CD, DXF, PLT, CGM, etc.
- Lastly, hit the Save button to convert SKP file format.
It is a feature-rich SKP file converter that also offers essential SKP model viewing and editing tools.
Crafty is the next free SKP file converter software for Windows. It is originally a 3D object viewer software in which you can view 3D models present in different file formats like MDL, GL, MAP, OBJ, PRT, PTS, etc. To view 3D models, it lets you rotate the camera through your mouse. Besides this, it offers a Render tab using which you can view models in texture, wireframe, x-ray, point, and other modes. After viewing an SKP file model, you can start the SKP file conversion process.
How to convert SKP file using Carfty:
- Start this software and use the Open option to load an SKP file.
- After that, you can properly view the SKP file model using available viewing tools.
- Next, go to the Export tab and select one of four available output formats namely OBJ, MAP, ENT, and VMF.
- Lastly, press the Save button to convert the format.
- Overlay: Using it, you can import and overlay models of GL, PRT, and PTS files on an existing model.
It is a simple and straightforward SKP file converter software through which you can view SKP file models and convert its format.
SketchUp Viewer is another free SKP file converter software for Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android. It is a dedicated SKP file viewer software in which you can easily view designs present in a SketchUp (.skp) file. To view sketch files, it offers many viewing tools like Orbit (to view design from different directions), Edges (to view model with back edges), Wireframe (to view only the edges of a model), Monochrome (to view models in monochrome color scheme), Zoom, Pan, and more. After viewing an SKP file model, you can convert it to the PDF format. Besides PDF, this software cannot convert an SKP file to any other format.
How to convert SKP file using SketchUp Viewer:
- Open the interface of this software and go to File > Open option to load an SKP file to this software.
- After that, you can use various available viewing tools to properly view models present in an SKP file.
- Next, open the File menu and use the Print option to save the SKP file in the PDF file format.
- Shadows: It allows you to change the intensity of shadows around an SKP file model.
- Quality: Using it, you can adjust the quality of an SKP model according to your requirements.
- Apart from PDF, this software cannot convert an SKP file to any other format.
It is a simple SketchUp file viewer in which you can view SKP file models and convert it to the PDF format with ease.
Bently View is a free CAD viewer software for Windows. This CAD viewer also acts as an SKP file converter software. Using it, you can view and convert models present in SKP and various CAD file formats like DWG, IFC, DGN, etc. In this software, you can also view multiple SKP files at a time as it comes with the multi-window interface. On its main viewer, you also get all essential tools to closely analyze a model and to view it from all directions. After analyzing an SKP file model, you can convert it to PDF file format.
How to convert SKP file using Bently View:
- Launch this software and click on the Open option to load an SKP file.
- After that, use available viewing model and analyzing tools like Zoom, Rotate View, Top View, Front View, Cycle Rotation, Move ACS, Rotate ACS, etc.
- Next, click on the Print option to save an input SKP file in PDF format.
- Measure Tools: Through measure tools, you can measure the distance, radius, and angle of a model.
- Camera: It allows you to change the model viewing perspective by adjusting the camera lens to extra-wide, telephoto, normal, etc., focal lengths.
- This software can only convert an SKP file to the PDF file format.
This SKP file converter is a really good software to view SKP file models but not as good in terms of SKP file conversion as it only supports one output format i.e., PDF.
We are the team behind some of the most popular tech blogs, like: I LoveFree Software and Windows 8 Freeware.More About Us
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014