5 Best Free Portable Accounting Software For Windows
Here is a list of best free portable accounting software for Windows. As these are portable software, thus you can also use them without installation. And, you can also directly use these accounting software from portable storage devices like portable HDD, Flashdrive, etc.
Through these portable accounting software, you can easily manage your personal finances. With some of these software, you can even manage the finances of small businesses. To manage finances, these software offers multiple sections namely Accounts, Transactions, Budgets, Business, and more. In the Accounts section, you can add new accounts, specify opening balance, and view the remaining balance after various transactions. The Transaction section allows you to update transaction details, amount of transaction, credited amount, debited amount, date of transaction, etc. Through the Budgets section, you can create and specify income and expanse budgets and track budgets of the previous month and view total savings. The Business section is designed to fulfill the needs of small businesses. Using it, you can generate invoices, process payments, add new vendors, manage employee’s expenses, etc.
In these software, you can also generate accounting reports like expanse report, profit report, initial balance report, etc. You can save the generated reports and other accounting information in XML, CSV, TXT, etc., formats. Go through the list to know more about these software.
My Favorite Portable Accounting Software For Windows:
GnuCash is my favorite software because it lets you manage personal as well as small business finances. In addition to that, it offers a simple interface with all essential tools to simplify the account management process. It also offers a dedicated reports section to generate Assets & Liabilities, Account Summary, Income & Expense, etc., reports.
GnuCash is a free open source portable accounting software for Windows. Using this software, you can manage both personal and small business finances. In it, you can easily create and manage multiple accounts and transactions. It also makes it easy for you to retrieve and view finance related information when you want. In it, you can also enter your existing accounting data in the form of XML and CSV file formats. Plus, you can also save all the accounting information saved in this software in TXT, CSV, and XML file formats. Now, check out the main features of this software.
- Accounts: It is the primary section of this software from where you can view and manage all your accounts and their details. All types of accounts are present on its interface like Assets, Equity, Expenses, Income, Liabilities, etc. After selecting an account, you can use the view options to view account details. However, to edit account details (account name, account code, currency type, account type, etc.) use its Edit option.
- Actions: In the action tab, you can store and manage information about various accounting actions like online transactions, schedule transactions, assigning budgets, transactions, reconcile, etc.
- Business: It offers business accounting specific features through which you can add new customers, create invoices, process payments, add new vendors, enter and manage employee’s expenses, edit billing terms, and more.
- Reports: From this section, you can generate reports related to Assets & Liabilities, Account Summary, Income & Expense, Transaction Report, and more.
- Loan Payment Calculator: You can use it to calculate the loan payment by specifying the parameters like payment period, interest rate, present value, periodic payment value, future value, and payment options (compounding and period).
It is feature-rich portable accounting software that offers a lot of handy accounts, transactions, and financial records management features.
JMoney is a free open source and portable accounting software for Windows, macOS, and Linux. It is a personal financing software through which you can manage your finances and accounts. In it, you can add multiple accounts and store details about all the transactions. According to the amount of transaction, it automatically calculates and shows you the current balance. It also lets you export existing account information in the form of Quicken Interchange Format and MT940 file formats.
- Accounts: From this section, you can create new accounts and manage existing ones. To create an account, you need to specify details like Account Name, Bank Name, Account number, Start Balance and Minimal Balance. After creating an account, you can use its Entries area to enter details about debited amount, credited amount, tax percentage, date of transaction, etc. According to the debited and credited amount, it adjusts the balance and shows you the current balance.
- Categories: Using it, you can create custom categories (balance, credit, split, etc.) to quickly view specific information of your accounts.
- Reports: It is another handy feature through which you can generate a complete record of Account Balance and Income/Expense data. After generating reports, you can directly print it or save it in PDF format.
It is a simple portable accounting software through which you can easily manage your finances.
FreeDebks is another free open source and portable accounting software for Windows. It is primarily a double-entry accounting software targeted toward small businesses and for personal accounting needs. Through this software, you can easily manage multiple accounts, balance sheets, and other essential accounting details. In it, you can also import existing account information present in an XML file. Now, check out the main features of this software.
- New Account: Use it to create a new account by specifying accounting labels, currency type (INR, CHF, USD, etc.), account name, etc.
- Chart of Accounts: To manage a new account or existing ones, you can use this feature. In it, you can enter and modify the initial balance, debited amount, credited amount, etc. After updating the account information, just use its Recompute All option to get the current account balance.
- View: You can use it to look at the balance, debited amount, credited amount of any of your accounts.
- Save As: Use it to save all the data of all your accounts either in XML and FDS file formats.
It is a simple to use portable accounting software that you can use for basic accounting needs.
Akaunting is another free open source accounting software for Windows. It is a PHP based accounting software that needs a local hosting software (XAMPP) and web browser to work. This software is mainly designed for small businesses and freelancers. To fulfill all the accounting needs, it offers a modular interface consisting of many accounting sections. Now, check out the main features of this software.
- Banking: It is the primary section of this software through which you can manage accounts, transactions, transfers, and reconciliations. To manage accounts, it offers options to add new accounts, remove accounts, and edit properties of each account (bank name, currency type, opening balance, etc.). To manage transfer between two accounts, you just need to specify the account numbers of sender and receiver accounts, transfer amount, date of transfer and payment method. Similarly, you can also manage transactions with other accounts and export the report in XML format.
- Incomes: This section can come in handy for small business owners as it offers business-oriented features namely Invoices (to create new invoices and manage existing ones), Revenues (to enter and manage revenue data), and Customers (to create a database of customer information).
- Reports: Using it, you can generate various types of reports such as Expanse, Income, Income Vs Expanse, Profit & Loss, etc.
- Dashboard: On the dashboard, you can view various statistics and graphs showing Total Profit, Income By Category (sales, deposit, etc.), Account balance, Latest Income, and more.
- This software offers its own apps store from where you can download many free and paid apps to include more features to this software.
It is another simple and portable accounting software that offers many useful accounting features to track and manage your finances.
moneyble is yet another free portable accounting software for Windows, Android, and Blackberry 10. It is an excel styled accounting software that uses various Excel properties to provide a decent accounting solution. However, this software is mainly designed to only keep track of personal finances. Now, check out the main features of this software.
- Accounts: Using it, you can add new accounts and edit existing ones by adjusting the current balance opening balance, opening balance date, currency type, etc., parameters. It also lets you track credit card balance and the overall balance.
- Budget: In this section, you can specify the income and expense budget. Plus, it also helps you track your monthly savings.
- Transactions: In it, you can add new transaction data, track transactions (debit balance and credit balance) and opening balance of previous months.
- Dashboards: Use it to view monthly savings of all months, yearly savings, and accumulated net worth.
- Export: In every section of this software, you can view an export option that lets you export data of the selected section in XML format.
- Password Vault: Through this feature, you can password protect this software.
- Notes: According to its name it is used to create and save notes related to accounts.
It is another decent portable accounting software that you can use for the management of personal finances.
We are the team behind some of the most popular tech blogs, like: I LoveFree Software and Windows 8 Freeware.More About Us
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014