Home Page Download Page
Wavepad is another free Audio editor which is capable of removing vocals from a song. Although the normal version of this software is paid, there's a free version as well. You will find the download link to the free version on the homepage. To remove vocals from a song in this vocal remover, you need to follow these steps:
- Load the song to Wavepad. Go to File tab, and click on Open to browse and open the song.
- After the song loads, go to the Effects tab, and click on Reduce Vocals option.
- A new dialog opens, set the parameters such as Pan position, Pan width, Vocal Level, and Preserve bass. You can also preview the song before applying changes to it.
- Save the song to a desired location in a wide variety of formats.
This software supports almost all audio formats, such as: MP3, WAV, OGG, WMA, AIFF, M4A, FLAC, AAC, VOX, RAW, AMR, etc. Apart from removing vocals, this software can be used for a lot more purposes. Home Page Download Page
Ocenaudio is a cross platform audio editor, and it can remove vocals from a song easily. This is a lite and easy to use audio editor. To remove or minimize vocals from a song, you need to carry out the following steps:
- Open a song in the editor.
- Go to Effects Tab> Equalization, 31 band graphic equalizer. The vocal part of the song usually floats around the range of 250-1k. Bring down the equalizer from 250 to 1k to 0 dB. Play the modified song with the help of preview button on the equalizer. Play with the equalizer to find a suitable setting. Apply the equalizer setting and notice the change in the waveform of the song.
- Save the song with the modified equalizer setting.
This method does not removes all of the vocal sound like other vocal removers, but does its job pretty well. This freeware supports almost all of the audio formats. Home Page Download Page
Nero WaveEditor can be used to make karaoke songs. This is a free sound editor which can be used for several audio editing purposes. To remove vocals from a song, load a song, go to Tools tab, and click on Karaoke Filter. A dialog box will appear which will let you manipulate parameters, like: Vocal Pan, Gain Compensation, and frequency pass. Click on OK to apply the settings. Listen to the song with applied setting, and save it if desired result is obtained.
This software is very easy to use. It has many effects, and also supports Plugins. Home Page Download Page
LMMS is a digital audio workstation which can be used to remove vocals from a song. This is a high end audio editing software with numerous options to create and edit music. This is a multi platform, free to use software to remove vocals from a song. This is a complex tool to use, and requires a thorough research if you are using it for the first time. To make things simple for you, let me write down the step by step procedure on how to remove vocals from a song:
How to Remove Vocals from Song using LMMS:
- Load the song in the Song Editor window. You can browse the file by clicking the bottom icon at the left panel of the software, or simply drag and drop the song in the Song Editor window.
- Double click on the right panel next to the song to open a new Piano Roll window. Select the Piano roll just before the C5 note till the end of song.
- To remove the Vocals, you will need to download the Vocal Remover plugin. Once you download the plugin, browse to the download folder, and drag and drop the plugin to the Song Editor window.
- Export the song after adding the Voice removal plugin.
This software does not supports MP3 format, using WAV format is preferred while using this software to remove vocals from songs.This software is usually preferred by professionals. Getting used to it might take some time. Home Page Download Page
GOM Player is a renowned media player. It is capable of playing audio songs, and also can remove vocals from a song. With the help of this software, you can remove vocals from songs in bulk, and play them continuously. It does not permanently removes vocals from songs, it removes vocal while the songs play. It is one of the easiest ways to remove vocals from a song. Simply apply the settings, and play songs with removed vocals. Open a song on GOM Player, right click on the screen, go to audio> voice filer> cut voice, to apply settings. To revert back to normal setting, follow the same path and click disable. Home Page Download Page
KMPlayer is another media player which is capable of removing vocals from a song. Add a single or multiple songs to this player to remove vocals. This software removes vocals only while it plays the songs; the effects are not permanent. Its a quick and easy way to play karaoke songs. To remove vocals, right click on the player screen, go to Audio> rare filters> voice removal. Follow the same path, and uncheck voice removal. The output audio is very clear and noise free. Home Page Download Page