Here is a list of best free software to repair AVI files for Windows. Like many other video file formats, AVI files are also prone to errors which make AVI files unplayable or introduce choppiness during playback. To remove errors or fix AVI video files, you need an AVI repair software which you can choose from this curated list. Through some of these software, you can also repair video files of MP4, MOV, FLV, MKV, and other formats. Along with fixing the errors, these software also help you view different errors present in AVI videos. In one of these software, you can also play AVI files after performing the AVI repairing process. However, through other software, you can only remove errors.
In these software, you can also find some additional features like Stream, Track Synchronizer, Keep Original File, Recover From Key Frames, and more. All the additional features are quite easy to use. The process of fixing AVI errors is quite simple in all software. Additionally, to help you out, I have included the steps to fix AVI files in the description of each software. Go through the list to know more about these software.
My Favorite Software to Repair AVI Files For Windows:
VLC Media Player is my favorite software to repair AVI files as it also lets you play the repaired AVI files, unlike other software. Besides this, it’s a fully-featured media player in which you can play audio and video files of almost all formats. It also gives you the option to change the format of the input AVI files after fixing the errors.
Digital Video Repair is another handy software that you can use to fix AVI video’s errors. It is also one of the simplest and quickest software to repair multiple AVI files at once.
You can also check out lists of best free AVI Converter, Hard Drive Repair, and Video Repair software for Windows.
VLC Media Player
VLC Media Player is a free open source media player software that can also be used to repair AVI files. It works on Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, and iOS. Through this software, you cannot only repair a broken AVI file but also play it after repairing it. It also allows you to save an AVI file after fixing it, in other video formats like MP4, MOV, FLV, MKV, WAV, and more. Apart from AVI, it can also be used to repair video files of different formats as it supports almost all video file formats.
If you just want to repair and play a broken AVI file, then first drop a broken AVI file to its interface. After that, you get a popup window showing the type of error along with a button to fix and play the video. Lastly, press the button to repair and play the video. However, if you want to save the AVI video after fixing the errors, then follow the below steps.
How to repair AVI file using VLC Media Player:
- Launch this software and go to File > Convert/Save option.
- After that, press the Add button to specify the path of one or more AVI files which you want to fix.
- Next, click on the Convert/Save button to open up a Convert window.
- Now, if you want to save AVI files in a different video file format, then go to the Edit Selected Profile section and choose a video format from various available ones.
- Then, enter the path of the output folder in the Destination File field and press the Start button.
- You can now view a window showing the type of error along with a button to repair the error. Click on the button to start the repairing process and to save the repaired AVI file.
- Stream: It allows you to stream online videos by using its link or URL.
- Effects and Filters: This feature provides many audio and video enhancing tools to adjust the video and audio quality of a playing video file.
- Track Synchronizer: It is a handy feature through which you can synchronize both the audio and subtitle with a video.
It is one of the best free software to repair AVI files as it not only fixes AVI files but also lets you play them.
Home Page Download Page
Digital Video Repair
Digital Video Repair is another free software to repair AVI files for Windows. It is a dedicated video repairing software through which you can repair various types of video file errors such as fast forward error, freezing of video while playing error, choppy video playback, etc. Apart from AVI, you can also use it to fix errors of MP4 and MOV videos. Another good thing about this software is its ability to repair multiple AVI files at a time. Simply follow the below steps to repair AVI files.
How to repair AVI files using Digital Video Repair:
- Launch this software and press the Input file button to load one or more AVI videos.
- After that, click on the Output file button to specify the destination location.
- Lastly, click on the Repair! button to fix AVI file errors.
- Check Errors: Using it, you can view all the errors present in input AVI files.
It is another good software to quickly repair errors of one or more AVI files at a time.
Home Page Download Page
DivFix++ is yet another free software to repair AVI files for Windows, Linux, and macOS. It is also a portable AVI repair software that you can use without installing it on your PC. This software is specially designed to fix AVI files errors. Using it, you can also batch repair multiple AVI files simultaneously. If you only want to find out the errors of AVI files, then you can do that through its Check Errors feature. Besides this, an option to strip the index of an input AVI file is also present in it.
How to repair AVI files using DivFix++:
- Open the interface of this software and click on the Add Files button to load one or more AVI files.
- Now, you can strip the index of input AVI videos (to make them unseekable) and check for errors before starting the repairing process using Strip Index and Check Errors features.
- After that, hit the FIX button to start the AVI fixing process.
- Cut Out Bad Parts: By enabling this feature, you can automatically remove severely damaged parts of input AVI files.
- Keep Original File: It overwrites the original AVI file after fixing the error.
- Recover From Key Frames: This feature removes all the potentially corrupted video frames which fall after a corrupted section until the next keyframe.
- This software takes a lot of time to repair an AVI file.
It is another good AVI repairing software that you can use to repair multiple AVI files and to know about the errors present in AVI videos.
Home Page Download Page