4 Best Free Batch PDF Metadata Editor Software for Windows
Here is a list of best free batch PDF metadata editor software for Windows. You can quickly edit metadata information of multiple PDF documents at once using these free software. These basically let you batch edit information of PDFs including title, author, subject, producer, keywords, and more. In one of these software, you can batch edit metadata of PDF eBooks and enter information like author, rating, language, publishing date, cover, etc. If you want, you can also delete existing metadata from source PDF files.
A handy “Search and Replace” feature is provided in these software to simply find a text in the metadata of PDFs and replace it with another text. One software also lets you use metadata information of a selected PDF file for multiple other PDF files. Apart from these features, load metadata from a local file, save metadata in a local file, set up display preferences, and more useful options are also provided in some software.
The steps to batch edit PDF metadata are quite straightforward in all editors. In case you want to perform editing without much hassle, checkout the software description to know the exact procedure. Additional features provided in each software are also mentioned. You can just go through the article to know more and find a suitable batch PDF metadata editor for yourself.
My Favorite Free Batch PDF Metadata Editor Software for Windows:
AutoMetadata is one of my favorites as it lets you easily edit metadata of several PDF files together, without putting in too much effort. It provides some more handy tools to manage PDF metadata which you can check below in the article.
Hexonic PDF Metadata Editor is another good one as you can add metadata of a particular PDF file to all other imported PDF files.
AutoMetadata is a free batch PDF metadata editor for Windows. It is a dedicated software that lets you edit metadata of multiple PDF documents at a time. You can load folders containing PDF documents or select individual PDF files to change their metadata. It lets you set a few metadata information including Title, Author, Subject, Keywords, and Producer. You can also set up display preferences for imported PDF documents such as Center Window, Hide Menu Bar, Hide Toolbar, Navigation Tab, Page Layout, etc.
Other than editing, it can be used as a PDF metadata viewer too as you can view a lot of PDF information using it. You can view document properties which include action permissions, document statistics (number of attachments, bookmarks, form fields, destinations, and pages), file details, metadata fields, PDF details (page rotation, page size, PDF version), bookmarks, destination, and form fields.
How to batch edit PDF metadata in AutoMetadata:
- Firstly, import individual PDF files or load folders where source PDF files are present.
- Now, click Select > Select All option and select all PDF documents to change their metadata in bulk. Or, you can select multiple PDF files using Ctrl +Left Mouse Click.
- After that, go to the Edit menu and press the “Set Properties For Selected Records” option and specify metadata information and viewer preferences.
- When done editing PDF metadata, press the Save Changes button to save edited metadata information in PDF files.
- You can remove metadata information from the PDF files.
- It lets you restore original metadata to selected PDF files at any time.
- You can find a “Search and Replace” feature in it which lets you find a text in metadata fields and replace it with another text.
It is one of the best free batch PDF metadata editor software that lets you set various metadata fields for a bulk of PDF documents.
Hexonic PDF Metadata Editor
Hexonic PDF Metadata Editor, as the name suggests, is another batch PDF metadata editor for Windows. Using it, you can quickly edit metadata information of multiple PDF documents simultaneously. The process of doing so is also very simple; you just have to load multiple PDFs in it and then enter metadata information in respective fields. A sorted procedure to do the same is discussed below. Also, I have mentioned some additional handy features that this software offers. So, keep on reading!
How to batch edit PDF metadata in Hexonic PDF Metadata Editor:
- At first, click the Open or Open Directory button to import individual PDF files or a whole directory of multiple PDF documents.
- Now, select all the PDF files for which you want to manipulate metadata information.
- Next, from the left panel, enable respective metadata fields and enter the new data. You can set up metadata fields including title, author, subject, keywords, creation date, modification date, creator, and producer.
- After that, press the Modify All Files or Modify Selected Files option to finally update the metadata in the PDF documents.
- It provides a handy feature of using metadata of a selected file for all other PDF documents.
- You can save entered metadata in a local file and even load metadata to PDFs from a local file.
- If you want, you can clear all metadata information from one or more selected files.
- To manually search a text and replace it with some other text in metadata fields of imported PDFs, you can use its Search and Replace feature.
This batch PDF metadata editor is free for non-commercial use only.
It is another great free software which is specially designed to edit metadata of a set of PDF documents together.
PDF Shaper is yet another batch PDF metadata editor for Windows. It is basically a free software with multiple PDF processing tools, one of which includes a PDF metadata editing tool. Using this tool, you can easily edit some basic metadata information for multiple PDF documents at once. It lets you enter information including Title, Author, Subject, and Keywords.
Let’s see what are the steps required to perform in order to batch edit PDF metadata.
How to batch edit PDF metadata in PDF Shaper:
- Firstly, add multiple PDF documents to its interface and select all of them.
- Now, from the right panel, go to Security > Edit Metadata option and set up metadata for selected PDF files. If you want to remove metadata from PDF documents, you can do that too.
- Next, click the Proceed button and select the output PDF documents location.
- It lets you convert PDF to text, PDF to image, image to PDF, PDF to DOC, etc.
- You can merge or split PDF documents using it.
- You can rotate, crop, insert, and move PDF pages.
- It lets you add PDF security using encryption and digital signature features.
You can use it for free for private, non-commercial use only. Also, it provides some paid editions that have some advanced features that you can check here.
It is another good software to batch edit PDF metadata and to perform some more PDF related tasks.
calibre is an all in one eBook management software for Windows, Mac, and Linux. Along with several eBook tools, it also provides a batch metadata editor that lets you edit general information of PDF eBooks. Other than PDF, it supports various other eBook formats such as EPUB, MOBI, AZW3, LIT, TXT, etc. Apart from metadata editing, you can view, edit, and convert eBooks using this free open source software.
How to batch edit PDF metadata in calibre:
- At first, add PDF eBooks to this software and select them from its interface.
- Next, click the Edit Metadata drop down button and select Edit metadata in bulk option.
- You can now enter the metadata into respective fields like author, publisher, rating, published date, languages, change cover, etc. There is also a Search and Replace feature which you can use to find a specific word or text and replace it with another.
- At last, hit the Apply button to save metadata in all selected PDF files.
- It lets you download and read eBooks from a lot of online eBooks stores.
- You can download world news in a supported eBook format.
It is one of the best free eBook management software that also provides a batch PDF metadata editor tool.
We are the team behind some of the most popular tech blogs, like: I LoveFree Software and Windows 8 Freeware.More About Us
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014