5 Best Free CAD Apps For Android
Here is a list of best free CAD apps for Android. Using these apps, you can view 2D and 3D models carrying by various CAD file formats. Some of the CAD formats that these apps support are DWG, DXF, STP, and IGS. To view and analyze a CAD model, these apps offer tools like touch model orientation, zoom, pan, etc. In addition to that, you also get viewing modes in some apps such as solid, texture, and wireframe to further analyze a model. Similar to viewing tools, you can find model editing and annotation tools. Using annotation and editing tools, users can edit the main structure of a model, add text to model, modify model surface, etc. You also get layers tools in most apps that let you work on multi-layer models. Plus, you can also use it to view all or certain layers of a model.
After viewing and editing a model, you can save the model in the native format in all apps. Although options to change the format is also present in some apps. In some apps, you also get a handy cloud import feature that lets you import CAD files from cloud storage services like Google Drive, Dropbox, etc. In general, all of these apps are quite simple to use. Go through the list to know more about these apps.
My Favorite CAD Apps For Android:
CAD Assistant is my favorite app because it offers all the essential tools to view and analyze CAD files of various formats. Plus, it doesn’t impose any restrictions, unlike other similar apps.
CAD Assistant is a free CAD app for Android. It is basically a CAD viewer app in which you can view CAD files of various formats like BREP, IGES, STEP, and PLY. To properly view a model, it offers various viewing tools and modes that anyone can use with ease. Let’s take a brief look at the main features of this CAD app for Android.
- Open File: Using it, you can manually browse and load a locally stored CAD file to this app. It is recommended to use a CAD file of less than 50 MB to prevent instability and crashing.
- Display Mode and Material View: Using this section, you can switch between various viewing models like material, texture, deflection, wireframe, flat shaded, and more.
- Slice: Using this tool, you can slice or cut a 3D model in half to view the internal structure.
- Measure: Through this tool, you can find out the distance between any two points over a model.
- Touch Orientation: This app also lets users change the orientation of a 3D model by touching and moving the finger over the screen.
- Save: Use it to save a model to its native format or in some other formats like PLY, STL, OBJ, MSH, WRL, etc.
It is one of the best free CAD app for Android in which you can view and analyze CAD files of various formats.
CAD Pockets is a free CAD app for Android and iOS. Using this app, you can view and edit 2D and 3D designs present in CAD file formats namely DXF, DWG, and DWF. Besides this, you can also view and edit designs present in a PDF file. To edit CAD designs, it offers various drawing, measuring, and layer tools. Now, check out the main features of this app.
- Local and Cloud Storage Support: In this app, you can add locally as well as cloud-stored (Google Drive, Dropbox, OnliDrive, etc.) CAD files.
- View Mode: Using viewing modes, you can view both the 2D and 3D perspective of an imported design. Plus, tools to change the orientation of a design are also present in it.
- Editing Tools: This app offers various editing tools through which you can draw new shapes over existing designs, add text over a design, merge designs, and more.
- Measuring Tools: Using measuring tools, you can measure the distance, angle, and radius of a design.
- Layers: Using layers, you can work on multiple layers of a design that you can later merge when needed.
- Export: After making all the changes to a CAD design, you can export it in the JPEG image format.
- Many features of this app are locked such as export formats (DWF and PDF), disabled collaboration, limited layers, and more. To unlock all the features, you need to purchase its premium version.
It is another good CAD app for Android in which you can view and edit CAD files.
GnaCAD is another free CAD app for Android. Using this app, you can view and edit 2D and 3D CAD files of DXF and DWG formats. Plus, you can load both locally stored and cloud-stored files in this app. A good set of model viewing and editing tools are also present in it that anyone can use with ease. Let’s take a brief look at the main features of this app.
- Modify: This section caries various editing tools (explode, chamfer, fillet, join, break, etc.) to edit various aspects of a 3D model.
- Dimensions: Through this feature, you can align components, take the diameter of components, specify coordinates, etc.
- Measurement: As its name suggests, it used to measure various aspects of a CAD model like measurement of area, measurement of angle, measurement of distance, etc.
- Insert: With this feature, you can insert images, block designs, overlay, and attachments to a CAD model.
- Share & Export: After completing a design, you can export it in PDF, DWG, and DXF formats.
- This app shows ads on its interface.
It is another good CAD app for Android that lets users view and edit CAD files of various formats.
ARES Touch is yet another free CAD app for Android and iOS. Using this app, you can view 2D and 3D models of a DWG file. Apart from DWG, it doesn’t support any other file format. To view models, it offers various viewing and view orientation tools. It also carries various editing tools but you cannot use them as they are only available for premium subscribers. Now, check out the main features of this app.
- View: This section carries various viewing tools through which you can view a model from different directions, change the orientation of a model, move model, zoom in on a model, and rebuild (refresh) model.
- Layer Tools: Using layer tools, you can view all or selected layers of a model at a time.
- Save As: After viewing and analyzing a CAD model, you can save it in the DWG file format.
- This free version of ARES Touch imposes various restrictions like disabled editing, disabled export to PDF, etc., features. To remove restrictions, you need to purchase a premium subscription to this app.
It is another decent CAD app for Android that you can use to view and analyze 2D and 3D CAD models.
CorelCAD Mobile is another free CAD app for Android. Using this app, you can view and annotate 2D and 3D CAD models of the DWG file format. In this app, you can also directly import DWG files from online storage services like Google Drive, OneDrive, etc. As soon as you load a DWG file, you can view a model carrying by the imported design that you can analyze and annotate. Now, check out the main features of this CAD app for Android.
- Viewing Tools: To view and analyze a model this app offers tools like pan, zoom, reset view, touch model orientation, etc.
- Annotation Tools: To annotate a model it offers draw and annotate tools through which you can add text, lines, polylines, add a simple note, add leader, etc., over a model.
- Save As: After annotating a model, you can save it in the DWG file format.
- In this free version of CoralCAD Mobile, you cannot edit a model or export them in PDF format. To remove these restrictions, you need to purchase its premium version.
It is another simple to use CAD app for Android that you can use to view and annotate a DWG file.
We are the team behind some of the most popular tech blogs, like: I LoveFree Software and Windows 8 Freeware.More About Us
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014