8 Best Free Route Creator App For Android
Here is a list of best free route creator apps for Android. Route creator apps allow users to create custom routes for various activities like running, hiking, cycling, walking, etc. If you also want to create and plan custom routes for any part of the world, then check out these route-creator Android apps.
Through these apps, users can create routes based on their requirements. Some apps even let users use their fingers to mark the routes over the interactive map. On the other hand, most apps let users specify the start point, endpoint, and waypoints to automatically create an optimized route. However, users can still edit the route if they want. These apps also help users find out the exact distance of a route. Not only that, these apps also offer route elevation data like elevation difference, highest elevation, lowest route elevation, etc. One or more routes can easily be saved within these apps.
These apps also offer additional tools like Explore Nearby, Record Activity Timings, Map Navigation, etc. The free version of these apps imposes multiple restrictions on route sharing and exporting. Plus, the free versions of these apps also impose multiple restrictions. Go through the list to learn more about these apps.
My Favorite Route Creator App For Android:
Just Draw It! is my favorite app as it lets users manually create and edit routes over an interactive map. It also shows route distance and elevation information.
|Features/Apps Names||Manual Route Creator||Can save and manage multiple routes||Shows route information|
|Just Draw It! by Lapaca Devs||✓||✓||✓|
|GPS Route Planner by AimzSol technology||x||✓||✓|
|Routine Smart Route Planner by Routin Inc||✓||✓||x|
|Footpath Route Planner by Half Mile Labs LLC||✓||✓||✓|
|Zeo Route Planner by Zeo Business||x||✓||x|
|GPS Map Route Planner by Appsomania||x||✓||x|
|komoot by komoot GmbH||x||✓||✓|
Just Draw It! is a free route creator app for Android. This app offers an interactive map on which users can manually create routes and save them to their collection. To create a route, users just need to use its draw tool which lets users manually draw a route over the interactive map. Plus, handy options to undo action, erase route, reverse route, and loop route are also present. It also supports three map types namely Street, Satellite, and and Terrain. After creating a route, users can specify the activity they want to perform on the route like walking, running, hiking, cycling, etc. Now, check out the main features of this app.
- Manual Route Creator: Unlike other similar apps, this one allows users to manually draw a route over the interactive map.
- Route Editing Tools: This app offers handy route editing tools like erase route, loop, reverse route, undo action, erase route, etc.
- Route Distance and Elevation: This app immediately shows the distance of a created route along with its elevation change information.
- Activity Type: Users can assign different activities to different routes such as walking, running, hiking, cycling, etc.
- Map Types: This app provides Street, Satellite, and Terrain maps.
- Save: Use it to locally save created routes with unique names that can be accessed from its My Routes section.
- The free version of this app imposes multiple restrictions like restricted route export in GPX format, on-screen ads, limited route actions, no backup& sync, etc.
It is one of the best free online route creator apps for Android as it lets users manually draw routes over the interactive map.
|Lets users manually draw routes over the map||Premium features are not available|
|Can save multiple routes within this app|
|Supports route collections|
GPS Route Planner is another free route creator app for Android. Through this app, users can plan and create custom routes with multiple stops with ease. It also lets users specify the duration of each stop within a route. It also shows the distance of the entire route and the expected time to travel the entire route. I also like its ability to redirect the created route over Google Maps to provide navigation support to users at the time of travel. Now, check out its main features.
- Route Creator: In this app, users can create routes by starting and ending locations over the map. It also lets users add multiple stops between a route and the timings of each stop.
- Routes: This app allows users to locally save multiple routes. All the saved routes can be accessed from the routes section.
- Route Info: It shows route information like route distance, expected time to travel a route, number of stops, etc.
- Redirect to Google Maps: At the time of starting a journey in any one of the created routes, users just need to tap on the Start button to access the route over Google Maps. Google Maps further helps users to navigate across the route.
- Map View: This app mainly supports Street (light and dark modes) and Satellite views.
- The free version of this app restricts some of its premium automatic route planning features.
It is another good route creator app for Android through which users can quickly create routes with multiple stops.
|Automatically creates routes based on starting point, ending point, and stops||Premium features are locked|
|Can save multiple routes|
Routine Smart Route Planner is another free route creator app for Android. This app is designed for users who have daily travel routes with multiple stops on them. It helps users by optimizing the route based on distance or time. However, a manual reorder tool to manually create the entire route and stops is also provided. It also gives users the freedom to select different online map apps like Google Maps, Waze, etc. It also has a preview stops option to preview the first 25 stops over Google Maps or any other maps app. Now, check out its main features.
- Caters to Delivery Guys: This app is designed for delivery guys as it lets them add multiple delivery stops and optimizes the entire route to reduce the travel distance and time to finish the route. An option to optimize the route based on the distance or time is also present.
- Manual Reorder: It is another handy feature that allows users to manually reorder and optimize the route according to their requirements.
- Transfer Optimized Route to Google Maps: The optimized route generated by this app can quickly be redirected over the Google Maps.
- Add to Calendar: This option helps users assign a specific route to a specific date.
- Address Book: It stores the names, addresses, and location information of all the stops added by users.
- Insertion Order: It shows the order of each stop. After reaching a stop, users can mark it as complete.
- The route timer feature of this app is reserved for its premium users.
It is another good online route creator app for Android that helps delivery guys optimize their product delivery routes.
|Lets users optimize multiple stops within their routes||Restricts multiple premium features|
Footpath Route Planner is another free route creator app for Android. Through this app, users can create routes for various activities like Walking, Running, Hiking, Road Cycling, etc. To create a route, users need to open up its interactive maps and add start and endpoints. Based on the specified points, it automatically creates a route. However, users can use its Edit tool to manually create any route that they want. Users can also choose to add multiple markers on the route. After signing up for this app, users can save created routes that can be later accessed with ease. Now, check out its main features
- Route Creation: This app can automatically create routes based on the starting and ending points specified by users. However, users can also manually create routes using its Edit tool.
- Route Editing Tools: Apart from the edit tool, it also offers additional route editing tools like Loop, Out & Back, Undo, Reverse, etc.
- Route Info: This app shows route distance in kilometers and all its elevation details.
- My Routes: Users can access all the saved routes from this section.
- Map: The free version of this app only supports street view maps.
- The free version of this app imposes multiple restrictions like disabled map export, locked download offline maps, locked map overlays (slope angle, bike paths, contours, etc.), etc.
It is another good free route creator app for Android that can automatically create routes as well as let users manually create routes with multiple markets.
|Lets users manually create routes with added markers||Its free version restricts users from exporting the routes|
|Can save multiple routes||Multiple premium features are locked|
|Shows route distance and elevation data|
Zeo Route Planner is another free route creator app for Android. This app helps users create and optimize their routes. It also gives users the freedom to mark multiple stops on the route. Product delivery guys can also mark all their successful deliveries on this app. To create a route, users need to specify the start and end points over the map. Users can also use location addresses and latitude & longitude to search and mark a location. After creating a route, users export routes in Excel, PDF, and CSV formats. To further help users, especially product delivery guys, it can transfer the created route over to Google Maps. Now, check out its main features.
- Create Route: The process to create a route is quite simple as users just need to specify start point, end point, and stop locations. For precise marking of stops, users can use location latitude & longitude data. Users can edit the route at any point.
- Optimized Route: This app can optimize the route based on the start point, endpoint, and multiple stop or delivery locations.
- Mark as done: After visiting stop locations over the mark product delivery guys mark it as complete.
- Redirect to Google Maps: It can redirect the route information over to Google Maps.
- Download: Users can save the created route in Excel, CSV, and PDF formats.
- The free version limits users from using its premium features like upload location data, upload route stop images, etc.
It is another capable online route creator app for Android that also helps users optimize the route.
|Can optimize the route||Contains multiple premium features|
|Allows users to export routes in PDF, Excel, and CSV formats|
TouchTrails is another free route creator app for Android. Through this app, users can create and plan their routes with their fingers. Plus, multiple custom routes can be created and saved within this app. All necessary tools to edit existing routes are also present. Users can also add multiple stop points within their routes. I also like its ability to show the route distance and elevation data. It can even import existing routes in the form of a GPX file. However, the export of routes is not allowed in its free version. Now, check out its main features.
- Custom Route Creation: This app lets users create fully custom routes through their fingers. Plus, all necessary route editing tools are also offered by it like undo, redo, erase, etc. Users can also mark multiple stop points on their routes.
- Multi-Layer Routes: This app also lets users create routes over separate layers. Separate layers allow users to create small route sections at a time that can later be viewed together.
- Route Information: This app automatically shows the route distance and route elevation profile.
- Save Routes: Users can save and manage multiple routes on this app.
- Live Tracking: This feature helps users track their movement over the created routes.
- This app also restricts multiple premium features such as Snap to road, navigation with voice output, export as GPX, create offline maps, etc.
It is another good route creator app for Android that helps users create multi-layered custom routes using their fingers.
|Lets users manually create routes||Imposes restrictions on premium features|
|Supports multi-layered routes|
|Can import routes from GPX files|
GPS Map Route Planner is another free route creator app for Android. This app comes with a simple route creator that allows users to mark start points, endpoints, and stop points over the interactive map. According to the specified points, it automatically generates a route that users cannot edit. Each created route can be saved locally within this app with a unique assigned name. Now, check out its main features.
- Route Creator: To create routes on this app, users need to specify start point, end point, and stop point. Based on the specified points, it generates the best route.
- Map View: This app provides Street View, Satellite View, and Terrain View interactive maps.
- Save: After creating a route, users can save within this app with a unique name.
- This app offers multiple additional tools such as Route Finder, Nearby Routes, Nearby Place, etc.
It is a simple and effective route creator app that anyone can use without much hassle.
|Offers a simple route creator tool||Doesn’t let users modify the routes|
komoot is another free route creator app for Android. Through this app, users can quickly create routes with multiple waypoints. Not only that, but it also helps users navigate through the route just like Google Maps. At any time, users can choose to edit the existing route and add or remove waypoints. The final route can be saved within this app carrying a custom name. Like other similar apps, it also shows elevation, weather, and route distance information. The routes created by this app can also be shared with others. Now, check out its main features.
- Route Creator: Users can easily specify the start, end, and stop locations over an interactive map. Based on the specified waypoints, it generates a route. The route can be edited by users at any time.
- Route Information: This app not only shows the route elevation and route distance but also shows the route weather data.
- Navigation: It helps users navigate through their routes by providing them the correct directions.
- Share: Use it to share the routes with other users.
- Discover: It helps users discover nearby activities and locations.
- Record: It allows users to record the timings of their hiking, biking, and running sessions.
It is another good online route creator app for Android that helps users create, edit, and share routes.
|Lets users create, edit, and share routes|
|Offers inbuilt route navigation tools|
|Can be used to track timings on running and tracking sessions|
Frequently Asked Questions
Routine Smart Route Planner Routin Inc is a route creator app specially designed for product delivery drivers. It allows them to add multiple stops (or delivery points) on the interactive points. Plus, it also helps them optimize the route to reduce driving distance and delivery time.
You can use above mentioned route creator Android apps to create your own fully custom route. To do that, these apps offer interactive maps on which you can open up any part of the world and start creating a route with multiple waypoints.
Planning a running route can be a fun and practical way to ensure an enjoyable and effective workout. The first step to plan a route is to define your goals. After that, choose a starting point and set a distance. Now, consider terrain and elevation information. Next, create a loop or out-and-back path. Finally, test your routes and keep records of the route.
You can use above mentioned route creator Android apps to create your own fully custom route. You can easily install these apps on your Android phone and start creating routes. To create routes, these apps offer interactive maps on which you can open up any part of the world and start creating a route with multiple waypoints.
A route planner is a tool or application designed to help individuals or businesses find the most efficient and practical way to get from one location to another, typically by providing directions for various modes of transportation, such as driving, walking, cycling, or public transit. Route planners are commonly used for navigation, trip planning, and logistics management.
We are the team behind some of the most popular tech blogs, like: I LoveFree Software and Windows 8 Freeware.More About Us
- September 2023
- August 2023
- July 2023
- June 2023
- May 2023
- April 2023
- March 2023
- February 2023
- January 2023
- December 2022
- November 2022
- October 2022
- September 2022
- August 2022
- July 2022
- June 2022
- May 2022
- April 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- January 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014