6 Best Free Reaction Time Test Software for Windows
Here is a list of best free reaction time test software for Windows. Using these free software, you can easily measure your reaction time to a provided set of instructions. Reaction time is measured to help you determine how fast you would react to given instructions. It is helpful in emergency situations, while playing sports, while driving, or in many other daily activities.
These software contain a set of specific instructions to perform a reaction time test. For example, in some of these, you need to click on filled shapes as soon as they appear on screen to measure your reaction time. In a few of these software, you need to perform a reaction time test with your mouse and keyboard. Furthermore, some of these show statistics like best reaction time, average reaction time, list of reaction time measurements, etc. You can also configure some options in a few of listed software, such as random delay time, shape color, etc.
Most of these software are web based software which need a web browser to be able to work. A few of these are independent software and come in a portable package. So, you can directly run and use them without even installing them on your system. All in all, these are extremely easy to use software to measure your reaction time.
My favorite Free Reaction Time Test Software for Windows:
Reaction Time Measurement is one of my favorite reaction time test software on this list. It contains the most number of features to perform a reaction time test. Also, it is a portable software, so you can use it on the go to determine your reaction time.
REACTION-TESTER is also good as it displays your best reaction time and average reaction time along with actual reaction time.
Reaction Time Measurement
Reaction Time Measurement is a free reaction time test software for Windows. Using it, you can follow the provided instructions and measure your reaction time. Let’s see what are the test instructions and how you can measure your reaction time using it.
How to test reaction time using Reaction Time Measurement:
- Launch this software and from its Experiment tab, follow the instructions to perform the test. The test basically asks you to press and hold the left mouse click and then release it quickly as soon as you spot a big white circle. And then, immediately press the right mouse button.
- As you perform the reaction time test, it displays statistics of the test including reaction times for visual stimulus and second button in milliseconds.
You can repeat this test for multiple reaction time test measurements and to improve your timing.
- It provides a Data tab where you can view all reaction time measurements. From here, you can copy reaction time data to the clipboard or start a new measurement.
- You can customize various test options by going to its Options tab. For example, you can specify test parameters including random delay range for the stimulus to show up after left click, stimulus color, show fixation point, number of measurements, etc.
It is a free and portable reaction time test software. You can use it on the go to determine your reaction time by performing a normal test.
REACTION-TESTER is a free open source reaction time test software for Windows. It is a web-based software which requires a web browser to run. Let’s checkout how you can use it for measurement of reaction time.
How to test reaction time using this free software:
- After downloading it, extract the ZIP folder and open “Reaction-Tester.html” file in a web browser like Firefox, Chrome, etc.
- Now, you have to click on the shown figure as soon as possible.
- As you do that, it shows your reaction time in seconds.
You can keep clicking on the figure to improve your reaction time.
- It displays your best time as well as your average reaction time.
It is a fun software to test your reaction time. Plus, it is extremely lightweight and easy to use software.
Test your reactions
Test your reactions (by) is another free open source reaction time test software for Windows. Using it, you can easily test your reaction time by following instructions given by it. It is also a web-based reaction time tester. Hence, you need a web browser like Firefox, Chrome, etc., to be able to use it.
How to test reaction time using this free software:
- First, extract the download folder of this software.
- In the extracted folder, you can find a “test.html” file. Open this file in any of your web browsers.
- Now, follow the instructions to test your reaction time i.e., you need to click on the box or circle as soon as possible and then wait until another appears.
- As you click the shown box or circle, it shows your reaction time in seconds.
You can continue with clicking on displayed filled shapes until you are satisfied with your reaction time.
It is a nice and easy to use software to measure your reaction time.
Reaction Timer is another free portable reaction time test software for Windows. It is one of the simplest and basic software to measure your reaction time based on provided instructions. Also, as it is portable, you don’t even need to install it to work with it.
How to test reaction time using this portable software:
- Launch the “exe” file of this software and enter random delay time (maximum) before starting the test.
- Afterward, click on the Start Timer button and press the Space Bar as soon as you receive the instruction to do so.
- As you do that, you will be able to view your reaction time (in seconds) on its interface.
You can repeat the test as many times as you want to have a better reaction time.
All in all, it is a basic and lightweight reaction time test software which comes with a compact GUI.
reactionTime is the next free reaction time test software on this list. Like many other software listed in this article, it is also a web based software and requires a web browser to work.
How to test reaction time using this free web based software:
- From its downloaded folder, click and open the “reactionTime.html” file in a web browser.
- Now, select the colored shape as soon as it is displayed on the screen.
- As soon as you do that, it will show you the reaction time (in seconds) taken by you to click the shown shape.
- You can repeat this test as many times as you want.
This is another nice and easy software to measure your reaction time to provided instruction.
ReactionTester is one more reaction time test software for Windows. It is almost similar to the above discussed software in terms of functionality. And, it is also a web based software. Hence, you need a web browser to be able to measure reaction time using it.
How to test reaction time using ReactionTester:
- First, launch the “ReactionTester.html” file which is present inside the download folder of this software.
- Next, follow the test instruction given by it. Basically, you need to click the filled shapes including rectangle, square, ellipse, and circle as soon as you spot them on screen.
- When you click the shape, it displays your reaction time on your screen.
ReactionTester is yet another free reaction time test software which you can use without much hassle.
We are the team behind some of the most popular tech blogs, like: I LoveFree Software and Windows 8 Freeware.More About Us
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014