5 Best Free Transparent Icon Generator Software For Windows
Here is a list of best free transparent icon generator software for Windows. Using these software, you can generate transparent icons from non-transparent icon images. To do that, these software let you select and turn a selected area of an image transparent. Besides this, you can also use these icon generators to convert images to transparent or non-transparent icons. All necessary tools to generate a transparent icon like magic wand, delete, cut, etc., are present in these generators.
Most of these transparent icon generators are image editing software. Like any image editing software, these software let you edit and enhance the look of an image. To do that, you can use available editing tools, paint tools, image filters, effects, etc. Another advantage of these software is their ability to support images of various formats like PNG, JPG, TIFF, TGA, PCX, WebP, GIF, etc. After modifying the looks of input images, you can start the transparent icon generation process. For novice users, I have also included the transparent icon generation steps in the description of each software.
In some software, you also get additional tools that let you perform activities like batch rename, slideshow, OS icon generation, etc. Go through the list to know more about these software.
My Favorite Transparent Icon Generator Software For Windows:
IrfanView is my favorite software because it lets you generate multiple transparent icons at a time. Plus, it also enables you to edit and enhance images of various formats.
IrfanView is a free transparent icon generator software for Windows. It is also used as an image viewer and editor software in which you can view and edit multiple images at a time. Apart from icon images, you can also use it to edit and generate transparent icons using images of different formats such as HEIC, JPEG, PNG, BMP, TTF, TIFF, TGA, and more. To edit and create multiple transparent icons, you can use its Batch Conversion option. In it, you also get multiple advanced editing tools that allow you to change color depth, image size, crop ratio, etc., image properties before starting the conversion. Now, follow the below steps to generate transparent icons through this transparent icon generator.
How to generate transparent icons using IrfanView:
- Start this software and go to File > Batch Conversion/Rename window.
- After that, use its internal file explorer to browse and select one or more icon images.
- Next, click on the Add button to add selected images to the processing queue.
- Now, to edit images, use the editing tools present in its Advanced menu.
- After that, select the ICO format from the Output Format menu and then click on the Options to open up the ICO save options window.
- Now, disable the use main window color for transparency option and hit OK to save the transparency settings.
- Lastly, press the Start Batch button to initiate the conversion process.
- Batch Rename: Using it, you can rename multiple images at a time.
- Slideshow: Through this feature, you can select images for the slideshow and start/stop slideshow.
- Show Hex View: This feature shows you the hexadecimal code behind an image.
It is free for non-commercial use as per its official website.
It is one of the best free transparent icon generator software through which you can batch edit and generate transparent icons.
Greenfish Icon Editor Pro
Greenfish Icon Editor Pro is a free open source transparent icon generator software for Windows, Linux, and Ubuntu. It is a multi-tab icon editor software in which you can edit and convert standard icons into transparent icon images. As it comes with a multi-tab interface, thus you can also open and work on multiple icon images simultaneously. To edit icon images, it offers a good set of Paint Tools (Pencil, Wand, Crop, Hot-Spot, Color Palette, etc.), Layer Tools, and Image Filters (grayscale, blur, soft blur, invert, glow, bevel, etc.). One of the paint tools namely Wand can also be used to select the unnecessary area of an icon that you want to make transparent. After editing and turning an icon image to a transparent icon, you can save it in the icon format or other supported image formats like PNG, GIF, BMP, JPEG, WebP, PCX, TGA, etc.
How to generate transparent icon using Greenfish Icon Editor Pro:
- Open the interface of this software and use the Open option to load an icon image.
- After that, use the Paint tools and filters to modify the default look of the image if required.
- Next, use the Wand tool to select the unnecessary part of the loaded image.
- Now, use the cut tool to make the selected area transparent.
- Lastly, use the Save as option and select ICO as the output image format and hit the Save button.
- OS Icon Generator Tools: Using these tools, you can quickly generate icons for applications of Windows, macOS, and Android operating systems.
It is a feature-rich transparent icon generator in which you can also edit and enhance images of various formats.
@icon sushi is another free transparent icon generator software for Windows. Using this software, you can easily turn any icon to a transparent icon image. To remove the background of an icon, it offers a dedicated edit transparency mask tool. It can also be used as a standard icon generator software and it can create icons using images and files of different formats such as BMP, PNG, PSD, OCX, CPL, etc. Now, follow the below steps to generate transparent icons through this software.
How to generate transparent icon using @icon sushi:
- Launch this software and click on the Open file option to load an icon file.
- After that, select the loaded icon file and then go to Edit > Edit Transparency Mask section.
- Now, use the create mask by color tool and select the background color of the icon that you want to make transparent.
- Next, preview the transparent icon using the preview tool.
- Lastly, use the Save option to generate a transparent icon.
- Save Groups to Icons: Using this feature, you can convert multiple images to icons at once.
- Rename Icons: Through this tool, you can quickly change the name of multiple icon files.
- Count Number Of Groups: It is another handy feature through which you can find out the total number of icons and images present in a folder.
It is another easy to use transparent icon generator software that lets you create transparent icons from images of different formats.
Paint.NET is a popular photo editing software that can also be used as a transparent icon generator software. It works on Windows. Through this software, you can easily turn images of different formats (PNG, JPEG, BMP, WebP, etc.) to transparent icons. As it is mainly a photo editing software, thus, you will also able to edit input images before converting them to transparent icons. Using its editing tools, you can add effects and filters over images. Plus, you can also perform standard editing operations in it like brightness adjustment, saturation adjustment, color adjustment, image transformation (rotate, flip, resize, etc. ), etc.
By default, this software does not output icon images, thus to add this feature, you need to add IcoCur plugin to the File Types folder of this software. Now, follow the below steps to generate transparent icons.
How to generate transparent icons using Paint.NET:
- Start this software and click on the Open option to load an image.
- After that, use the Magic Wand tool and select the area that you want to make transparent.
- Next, press the delete button to make the selected area transparent.
- Now, use the Save as option and select ICO as the output format and press the Save button to open up the Icon Save Options.
- Lastly, choose the output icon resolution and color depth from Icon Save options (225*225 32-bit, 64*64 8-bit, 48*48 32-bit, etc.) and press the OK button.
It is a simple and effective transparent icon generator through which you can convert multiple icons and images to transparent icons.
Pixelformer is yet another free transparent icon generator software for Windows. It is also used as a bitmap image editor software. In this software, you can also find many paint and image editing tools to modify icon images before converting them to transparent icons. Apart from icons, you can also use it to edit and convert images of other image formats (JPEG, PNG, TGA, BMP, CUR, PSD, etc.) to transparent icon images. After making necessary changes to input icon images, you can select and remove the background of an icon using the magic wand and delete tools.
How to generate transparent icon using Pixelformar:
- Open the interface of this software and use its Import option to import an icon image.
- After that, use the available paint and editing tools to make necessary changes to input image looks.
- Next, use the magic wand tool to select the area that you want to make transparent.
- Now, press the delete button to immediately make the selected area transparent.
- Lastly, use the Export option and choose ICO as the output image format and press Save to generate a transparent icon.
- Plugins: In it, you can add multiple third-party plugins to introduce new features this software.
- Viewing Modes: This software offers three viewing modes namely Normal (to view both the transparent and non-transparent part of an image), Color Only (this mode only shows the color part of an image and replace the transparent part with the default color), Alpha (this mode represent colored part of an image with the white color and transparent part with black color).
It is another decent transparent icon generator software that anyone can use to view, edit, and generate transparent icons.
We are the team behind some of the most popular tech blogs, like: I LoveFree Software and Windows 8 Freeware.More About Us
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014