Here is a list of best free yoga software for Windows. These freeware let you explore about yoga and different yoga practices which help you keep yourself healthy and fit. You can learn about a lot of yoga practices including yoga style, basic rules for yoga practice, six original yogic systems, eight-fold path, purification techniques, asanas, mudras and bandhas, etc.
These software provide you information on various yoga asanas including Bakasana, Chakorasana, Dhanurasana, Durvasasana, Halasana, Kapotasana, Matsyasana, Natarajasana, Savasana, Siddhasana, Tolasana, Ustrasana, Vasisthasana, Yoganidrasana, etc. In some of these software, you can explore about yoga asanas based on body parts (ankle, arms, brain, chest, legs, lungs, hamstrings, shoulders, wrists, etc.) and concerns (anxiety, diabetes, asthma, migraine, stress, pregnancy, etc.). You can also learn about Sun Salutation (Surya Namaskar) in these. Apart from these features, you can view images related to different asanas, watch videos to perform different yoga activity, explore yoga centers and organizations, etc.
My favorite free yoga software for Windows:
Yoga Freeware is one of the best yoga software in my opinion. It provides the most number of features and lets you explore different aspects of yoga in detail.
You may also checkout the lists of best free Personal Trainer Software, Diabetes Management Software, and Nutrition Analysis Software for Windows.
Yoga Freeware is a dedicated software to learn yoga. Its main goal is to promote health and self-awareness. It provides various different modules which let you explore yoga practices. Let’s see what are these modules:
Here are the key features of this free yoga software:
- Yoga: This module provides a basic yoga introduction to get started with knowing yoga practices. Here, you get information on yoga style, basic rules for yoga practice, six original yogic systems, eight-fold path, purification techniques, asanas, mudras and bandhas, and mantras and Japa. In each of these categories, you get related information such as, in Asanas category, it provides information about asanas which are used for different afflictions like appendicitis, asthma, back problems, stomach and intestinal problems, etc.
- Self Realization: It displays various self-realization and self-awareness articles to explore and get to know about various disciplines. Here, you can read about Samadhi, Saints and Mystics, Guru-Disciple Relationship, Jnana Yoga, Spirituality and Spiritual Growth, Key Statements, The Soul, and Reincarnation.
- Meditation: You can learn about some meditation instructions, guidelines, and exercises.
- Asanas: It displays a list of asanas which you can view by photo and basic information. These asanas include Bakasana, Chakorasana, Dhanurasana, Durvasasana, Halasana, Kapotasana, Matsyasana, Natarajasana, Savasana, Siddhasana, Tolasana, Ustrasana, Vasisthasana, Yoganidrasana, etc.
- Sun Salutation: It shows an animation for performing Sun Salutation i.e. Surya Namaskar. You can move the animation step by step.
Some additional modules including Photo Listings (provides information on various different yoga centers across the world), Yoga Organization (learn about different yoga organizations), Yoga Directory (browse yoga centers directory) and CSA Articles (Truth Journal sample articles) are also provided in it.
Overall, it is one of the best free yoga software for Windows.
Home Page Download Page
Yoga & Health
Yoga & Health is a free yoga app for Windows 10. It contains a lot of different articles on multiple yoga practices. With the basic information on yoga, it also provides multiple videos to perform a specific yoga. To watch videos, you can select a desired video quality like 360p, 480p, 720p, 1080p, etc. from Settings menu.
This free yoga app contains yoga information based on specific concerns. Here are some examples of yoga practices you can explore in this free yoga app for Windows 10:
- Yoga for asthma, Yoga for thyroid, Yoga for glowing skin, Yoga for diabetes, Yoga for swimmers, Yoga for knee pain, Yoga for kidney stone, Yoga for insomnia, Yoga for high BP, Yoga for Anxiety, Yoga for flexibility, Yoga for concentration and memory, Power Yoga for legs, etc.
It lets you add new yoga to this app. For this, you can add the name of yoga and its description. It incorporates an inbuilt web search to get yoga description from online. You can also add a local or online image related to the added yoga. It provides a History section where you can view watched videos. Apart from that, you can add a yoga article to your Favorites list.
You can learn about more yoga apps for Windows on ILoveFreeSoftware.com.
Home Page Download Page
MB Learn Yoga
MB Learn Yoga is another yoga software for Windows. It basically provides information on the basics of yoga and yoga practices.
Here are the key features of MB Learn Yoga:
- You can read basic yoga introduction which includes what is yoga, paths of yoga, who can practice yoga, benefits of yoga, tips to practice yoga, and what are yoga asanas.
- It lets you browse yoga asanas by their name. You can view description, English name, procedure, benefits, and contradictions of asanas. Some of the asanas include Anjali Mudra, Ardhachandrasana, Dhanurasana, Halasana, Mayurasana, Padmasana, Shavasana, Vajrasana, Yoga Mudra, and Tadasana.
- You can also explore yoga asanas by selecting a particular body part, such as ankle, arms, bladder, brain, chest, diaphragm, legs, lungs, hamstrings, shoulders, wrists, etc.
- You can also explore yoga asanas by therapeutic applications like anxiety, asthma, back pain, constipation, diabetes, fatigue, migraine, piles, pregnancy, stress, varicose veins, etc.
- It also contains basic information on meditation, importance of meditation, meditation techniques, etc.
- Importance and benefits of pranayamas are also listed in this software. You can read about Nadi Shodan, Bhastrika, Bhramari, and Kapalbhati pranayamas.
- You can also learn about Sun Salutation (Surya Namaskar).
All in all, it is a nice yoga software to learn about various yoga practices.
Note: Although it is a free software, it says you would need to register on the given link to continue using it post 45 days of installation.
Home Page Download Page
Sitting Yoga is another free yoga software for Windows. It runs in a web browser. You can open its index.html file in a web browser and explore various yoga forms. The installation folder of this yoga software contains separate HTML files for different yoga and various SWF files.
In it, you can learn steps on asanas like Wrist Mobility Asana, Elbow Rotation Asana, Shoulder Rotation, Reversed Shoulder Rotation, Chair Cat Asana, Elbow Twisting, Neck Rotation, Leg Side Extension Asana, Mouth of a Crocodile, Ankle and Knee Mobility Exercise, and more. It displays directions and duration to perform each of the asanas.
Overall, this is a very basic software to learn some techniques to perform different yoga.
Home Page Download Page
Fitness Trainer is basically a personal trainer software for Windows. In it, you can learn various exercises and track fitness progress. You can find a Yoga module in it where you can read about a few basic yoga including frog pose, front body stretch, side body stretch, and stretch for hips and undersides of legs. It displays pictures for each yoga activity. You can also read about meditation and explore meditation guide.
In this software, you can find different sections where you can learn how to lose or gain weight, to lose fat, build muscles, increase speed, increase flexibility, etc. Home Page Download Page