Here is a list of best free character sheet generator software for Windows. A character sheet is basically a record containing almost all the characteristics and attributes of a character of a game. It is primarily used to introduce a completely new character in a game. Mainly character sheets are created for role play games like Dungeons & Dragons, Paranoia, etc. In some role-play games, you can also enter electronic character sheets to directly introduce a new character in the game. So, to generate a character sheet, you need these character sheet generator software.
In most software, you get predefined character attribute fields which you need to fill to create a character sheet. However, in some software, you can also define all the attributes along with fields values to complete a character sheet. Some of the important attributes which you need to specify in these software are name, race, class, powers, weapons, armor, and skills. In each software, you can also find some unique game-specific fields which you need to fill to define the character. After creating a character sheet, you can save or export the character sheet in PDF, HTML, and in software specific project files. In general, all of these software are quite capable yet simple to use character sheet generators. Go through the list to find your favorite software.
My Favorite Character Sheet Generator Software For Windows:
NBOS Character Sheet Designer is my favorite software because it lets you manually create the entire structure of the character sheet. Plus, like all other software, it also lets you define the characteristics of a new character.
PCGen is another favorite because it lets you save the character sheet in HTML format that you can easily share with others. Also, it can be used to create character sheets for multiple role playing games.
You can also check out lists of best free Sprite Sheet Maker, Bar Chart Maker, and Line Graph Maker software for Windows.
NBOS Character Sheet Designer
NBOS Character Sheet Designer is a free character sheet generator software for Windows. It is based on WYSIWYG (what you see what you get) philosophy. Using this software, you can manually design interactive electronic character sheets for various role-playing games like dungeons and dragons, paranoia, etc. To create the structure of a character sheet, you can manually add important character attributes like characters’ name, characters’ powers, strength, characters’ class, intelligence, and more. The good thing about this software is that it also lets you create multipage character sheets.
How to create a character sheet using NBOS Character Sheet Designer:
- Launch this software and go to the File menu to create a new character sheet.
- After that, use box, line, list, and checkbox filed tools to create the structure of the character sheet.
- Now, use Label and Text edit field tools to add characters attributes and to define names of each field or menu that you have created.
- After completing one page of the character sheet, go to sheet menu and select the new page option to add another page. Now, you can start adding fields, boxes, text, etc., to the new page just like the previous step.
- Once the structure of the character sheet gets completed, fill all the values of the attributes like name, power, strength level, armor, etc.
- Lastly, save the final character sheet in the Character Sheet Definitions (CSD) format.
- Read Only: This mode disables you to make further editing on the structure and attributes of the character sheet.
- Hidden: It lets you hide some fields of the character sheet from its Viewer.
- Insert Image: Using it, you can also add external images to the character sheet.
It is one of the best free character sheet generator software because it not only lets you define the attributes of characters but also lets you manually create the entire character sheet.
Home Page Download Page
PCGen is a free open source character sheet generator software for Windows and MacOS. It is primarily an RPG game character sheet generator, but you can also use it to create character sheets for other types of role-playing games. This software comes with all possible predefined tabs and fields which you need in a character sheet. Hence, you do not need to manually create fields in it. Some of the important tabs of this software which you get in it are Summary, Class, Skill, Feats & Abilities, Spells, Inventory, Temporary Bonuses, and Character Sheet. In all available tabs, you get a lot of character attributes fields which you need to fill to establish all aspects of a new character.
Main Features (Tabs):
- Summary: In this tab, you can specify basic Characteristics Features (name, gender, character type, label, etc.) and Ability Score (strength score, intelligence score, charisma score, etc.).
- Race: From here, you can select a race of your character like Dwarf, Elf, Human, Half-Orc, etc.
- Class: Using it, you can search and select an appropriate class for your character like Monster, NPC, Prestige, Base, etc.
- Skill: From here, you can increase or decrease the skill level of your character by increasing or decreasing the acrobatic skill rank, climb skill rank, knowledge skill rank, etc.
- Feats & Abilities: Using this tab, you can add more abilities to your character like alertness, animal affinity, armor proficiency, bouncing spell, etc.
- Spells: It lets you manually define or load existing spell file to add new spells for your character.
- Inventory: It lets you create an inventory for your character like armor, boot, coin, gem, ammunition, etc.
- Character Sheet: According to the defined parameters of your character, a character sheet is generated by this software which you can view in this tab.
You can save the final character sheet in PCG file and export it in HTML file format.
- Companions: It lets you add companion characters which are going to help your main character in the game.
- Domains: It is a tab in which you can view the information and abilities of other characters of the RPG games.
- Temporary Bonus: Using it, you can assign some temporary bonuses for your character like temporary powers, temporary abilities, etc.
It is another good software that helps you quickly create a comprehensive character sheet of a character.
Home Page Download Page
Rolemaster Office is another free open source character sheet generator software for Windows. It is a Java-based software that you can easily run in many operating systems like Windows, Linux, MacOs, etc., by installing Java on the system. In this software, you can create as well as edit an existing character sheet with ease. This software provides a lot of tabs, containing fields to define each and every small attribute of a character. Through this software, you can create character sheets for only Rolemaster role-playing game.
Main Features (Tabs):
- Basic: In this tab, you can define character name, race, training packages, armor type, fate points, culture, etc.
- Characteristics: Using this tab, you can define the characters’ appearance, height, gender, age, skin, weight, background details, etc.
- Stats: Using it, you can set the characters’ agility level, quickness, strength, memory power, etc.
- Skill Categories: In it, you get fields to define skill categories that the character should have like Awareness, Influence, Magical Powers, Fighting Skills, etc.
- Weapon Category: From here, you can select weapons for your character like hand edge, polearms, missile, gun, etc.
- Equipment: This tab lets you manually add custom equipment and their quantity.
After creating a character sheet, you can export it as PDF or save it as a rolemaster project file.
- Generate Name of Character: This feature automatically generates and gives a name to your character.
- Generate Characteristics: If you don’t want to manually specify all the characteristics of a character, then you can use it to automatically generate all the characteristics of a character,
- Generate Character (NPC): This feature automatically generates the entire character and don’t let you change attributes of the character except for armor, skills, level, and min/ max stats.
It is another good software that provides all possible character sheet fields to define all aspects of a new character.
Home Page Download Page
pathfinder-web-sheet is yet another free open source character sheet generator software for Windows, MacOS, and Linux. It is also a web-based software that needs a web browser to work.
This software contains an entire predefined character sheet with all important character attribute fields. Attribute fields like Character, Race, Height, Weight, Skill, Armour, Shield, and more are present in it. By filling all the necessary fields, you can create a character sheet. After creating the character sheet, you can save it as PDF or print it using the print feature of your browser, as this software does not have its own save or print option.
- Add Rage: This option allows you to add a rage section to this software in which you can define characters’ class, level, CON bonus, will bonus, etc. Plus, fields to define rage nodes, special nodes, character notes, etc., are also present in this feature.
- Add Spellcaster class and spell list: It adds fields like spell range, remaining spells, number of known spells, used spells, etc.
- Minify: It is a handy feature of this software that shortens the URL of the character sheet page using the TinyURL service.
Lack of inbuilt saving options and the inability to add custom fields to character sheet are its main limitations.
It is simple and easy to use character sheet generator software that you can use to quickly create character sheets and share with others.
Home Page Download Page
Paranoia Character Sheet is the next free open source character sheet generator software for Windows, Linux, and MacOS. To run this software, you need a web browser as it is a web-based software. Plus, it is also portable and you can use it on the go without actually installing it.
Using this software, you can create a character sheet consisting of all the characteristics and attributes of a new character of the Paranoia game. By default, this software comes with all the attribute fields which you just need to fill to define characteristics of a game character. There are a total of six primary sections namely Basic, Attributes, Weapon & Armour, Skills, Equipment, and Notes are present in it. In each section, you get multiple empty fields which you need to fill to define characteristics of a character. In this software, you can also work on multiple characters at a time as it comes with a multi-tab interface.
- Basic: In it, you can define the basic characteristics of a character like character name, player name, service group, etc.
- Attributes: In it, you can specify agility, endurance, strength, mutant power, carrying capacity, etc., values of a character.
- Weapon & Armour: According to its name, it lets you specify different weapons and armors for your character.
- Skills: Here, you can define the skills of your character like force sword, grenade, unarmed fighting, fast talk, etc.
- Equipment: In this section, you can define all the equipment and their quantity like 1 laser pistol, 2 notebooks, 1 utility belt, 2 red reflector armor, etc.
- Notes: In it, you can enter the story behind the character and character role.
After specifying all the attributes of your character, you can print it or save it as a PDF document.
It is another good character sheet generator software in which you can work on the attributes and characteristics of multiple characters at a time.
Home Page Download Page