Here is a list of Best Free Excel to DBF Converter Software for Windows. Using these free software, you can easily convert a Microsoft Excel worksheet file to the dBase file format (.dbf). All of these converters support both old and new versions of MS Excel spreadsheets which are XLS and XLSX. You can simply open an Excel file, view the data present in it, and then convert it to DBF format. Additionally, all software give you the flexibility to modify the Excel spreadsheet before performing the actual conversion. Hence, you can edit the cell values, add new rows or columns, remove a row or column, and do much more.
These converters are mostly office software which provide spreadsheet software. So, you can find a lot of spreadsheet related features in these software which can be helpful. Some of these features include data sorting, data filtering, spreadsheet protection, spellcheck, etc. Besides that, these also provide you data visualization charts, mathematical formulas, and statistics tools which help you analyze numerical datasets. All in all, these are quite feature rich software with a good number of tools.
You can work with multiple spreadsheet file formats in these software. Some of the supported input and output formats include CSV, XLT, TXT, RTF, DIF, and HTML. The process of conversion is straightforward in these software. I have also mentioned the exact steps to convert Excel to DBF which you can check in software description. To know more about these converters, go through the list.
My Favorite Excel to DBF Converter Software for Windows:
Although these are handpicked Excel to DBF converters, my favorite is LibreOffice Calc. It is a user-friendly software to view and edit Excel files and then convert them to DBF format. You can find a lot of additional tools in it which I have mentioned in the article.
You may also like some best free DBF Viewer Software, CSV to XLSX Converter Software, and Excel To HTML Converter Software for Windows.
LibreOffice Calc is a free open source Excel to DBF converter software for Windows. It is a popular spreadsheet software that lets you view, edit, create, and convert various spreadsheet files. This software is a part of the famous office suite called LibreOffice which also comes with multiple other office software including LibreOffice Writer, LibreOffice Impress, LibreOffice Draw, LibreOffice Math, etc.
In it, you can view Excel spreadsheets prior to conversion. Plus, it also lets you modify Excel files before you convert them to DBF format. You can add new entries, delete existing ones, change cell data, and do more. Apart from XLS and XLSX, you can also convert ODS, CSV, WPS, and other spreadsheet files to DBF.
How to convert Excel to DBF in LibreOffice Calc:
- At first, import an Excel (XLS or XLSX) file to this software using its open feature.
- Now, if you want, edit the data present in the Excel file.
- Next, click on the File > Save As option and select output as dBASE to convert Excel to DBF file.
- This spreadsheet software contains Function Wizard to evaluate the numerical dataset present in a spreadsheet.
- It lets you visualize spreadsheet data by using different kinds of graphs.
- You can encrypt the output DBF file with GPG key.
- Spellcheck, AutoCorrect Options, Standard Filters, Advanced Filters, Pivot Table, Subtotals, Consolidate, Share Spreadsheet, Solver, and more handy features are present in it.
It is one of the best free Excel to DBF converter which also lets you modify XLS or XLSX files before conversion.
Home Page Download Page
WPS Office is a nice office software for Windows and other platforms. It can be your another alternative to a free Excel to DBF converter software. You can simply import an Excel file in it, view and edit the spreadsheet, and then convert it to DBF file formats. As simple as that.
This software comes with different application modules that are used to create documents, spreadsheets, and presentations. You can simply use its spreadsheet creator module for the conversion of Excel to DBF. Besides Excel, it can convert CSV, Query Files, Access databases, and other files to DBF too.
How to convert Excel to DBF in WPS Office:
- At first, you need to open a spreadsheet file in MS Excel format (XLS or XLSX) by using the dedicated option.
- If required, you can now modify the Excel spreadsheet as per your requirements.
- Lastly, go to the main menu button and click on the Save As > Other Formats option. This will give you an option to select output file type as dBase file (DBF) to convert Excel to DBF. Do accordingly to get the output DBF file.
- Column, Line, Bar, Area, Radar, and Pie are some chart types using which you can visualize dataset in it.
- You get a set of mathematical functions to evaluate datasets in it.
- It can encrypt output spreadsheet files.
It is a nice free spreadsheet software that allows you to convert Excel to DBF and other formats.
Home Page Download Page
SoftMaker FreeOffice is yet another free office suite that can also be used to convert Excel to DBF. It provides a number of software applications which are used to view, create, and edit documents, presentations, and spreadsheets. In order to convert an Excel file to a dBase file (DBF), you need to use its PlanMaker software. This software is basically used for spreadsheet related tasks.
PlanMaker supports both Excel formats to convert to DBF, namely XLS and XLSX. It also lets you edit the imported Excel file and then convert it to a DBF file. You can simply change the data, delete any of the entries, add new entries, etc.
How to convert Excel to DBF using PlanMaker:
- By using its Open function, import an XLS or XLSX file to it.
- Next, the entries can be modified or new data can be entered into the spreadsheet, if required.
- After that, you need to simply press the Save As button and select dBase (.dbf) format which will convert XLS or XLSX file to DBF format.
- It provides a lot of data visualization chart to view and analyze datasets using charts like bar, line, radar, bubble, etc.
- It comes with various inbuilt Mathematical formulae that can be used to calculate different statistics.
- Spellcheck, Data Filter, Data Sorting, etc., are some more spreadsheet related features that are available in it.
This one is another good option to view, edit, and convert Excel files to the dBase file format. Besides DBF, you can convert Excel to some other formats including CSV, DIF, RTF, HTML, etc.
Home Page Download Page