8 Best Free HTML5 Audio Player For Windows
Here is a list of best free HTML5 audio player software for Windows. These HTML5 players help you convert any web browser into an audio player. Plus, you can also add these HTML5 music players to your websites and web pages to host music. The working of these players are quite similar to standard audio players where you can play audio, pause audio, jump to next or previous tracks, control volume, etc. However, setting up and adding audio to these players is slightly tricky because that needs manual editing in HTML code of these players. MP3 audio files are most commonly supported by these software, but some players can also play OGG and WAV audio files.
Most of these players, only require a web-browser to run. While other software also need hosting software like XAMPP, WAMP, etc to run. Some of these players are WordPress plugins, hence they need a WordPress desktop client to run. I have mentioned steps to correctly configure each software to use these freeware. Go through the list to find the most suitable free HTML5 audio player for your website or webpage.
My Favorite HTML5 Audio Player Software For Windows:
MediaElement.js is my favorite HTML5 audio player because it provides both audio and video players. Plus, it lets you stream online music as well as play locally stored music.
MediaElement.js is a free, open source HTML5 audio player software for Windows. Using this software, you can play both audio and video files. It provides two separate players to play audio and video files. In its audio player, you can stream online songs and play local MP3 and OGG audio files. Its video player can also stream online videos and play local files of MP4, WebM, HLS, MPEG-Dash, and FLV formats.
This player is also a portable player and you can use it on the go without any installation. However, you need to have some knowledge about HTML codes in order to add the path of your audio or videos files to its Index.html file. If you are a novice user, then search for this line <source src=”http://www.largesound.com/ashborytour/sound/AshboryBYU.mp3″ type=”audio/mp3″> and replace path of default audio written between double quotes with the path of your audio files. To add more songs, copy and paste the above line multiple times and replace the part between double quotes with the path of your songs. After adding the path, save the file. After that, launch the index.html file using a web browser and play your songs.
Similar to audio files, you can also find and replace the default video link with the link or links of your video files.
Overall, it is a really good HTML5 audio player that can also be added to the websites to host audio and video songs.
WonderPlugin Audio Player
WonderPlugin Audio Player is a free HTML5 audio player plugin of WordPress. Using this player, you cannot only play multiple audio files, but you can also create a playlist of multiple songs. Plus, it comes with 15 audio player skins along with all options to configure the player like Play mode (auto-play, random,etc.), Loop Mode, Player Height & Width Changer, etc. In general, it is a very good HTML5 audio player that provides almost all main features that a standard audio player provides.
To run this plugin, you need a WordPress Desktop Client, hosting software like XAMPP, WAMP, etc. along with a web browser. Now, to add this audio player to a webpage, you need to follow some simple steps:
- First, paste the downloaded WonderPlugin Audio Player folder to the Plugin Folder of the WordPress.
- After that, run the WordPress after enabling the local server using the hosting software. On the side toolbar of the WordPress, you can view the newly added WonderPlayer Audio Player section.
- Open the WonderPlayer Audio Player section and press the Create A New Audio Player Button in order to add audio files, select audio player skin, set dimensions of player, set up playlist, etc.
- Lastly, press the Save and Publish button to view the player. Along with the player, a shortcode of the player is also generated that you can put in any WordPress Post to add this player to that post or webpage.
In my opinion, it is one of the best free HTML5 audio players because of the presence of multiple skins and playlist feature.
audio.js is a free HTML5 audio player software for Windows. Using this software, you can add and play audio files in a web-browser. You can use this player with many web browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Chromium, Opera Browser, etc. To launch this player, you need to open the Index.html file that comes with it using a web-browser. Now, to add songs to this software, you need to follow some steps:
- Open the Index.html file in a file editor.
- Now, search for <audio></audio> tag, place the path of your audio file in between these tags, and save the file. Similarly, you can add more audio tags and place multiple songs between those tags.
- Lastly, launch the Index.html file in a browser and start playing the added songs using this HTML5 audio player.
This player can also be incorporated to websites to host songs for viewers of your websites. Overall, it a very nice HTML5 audio player that you can simply use to play songs in a browser.
HTML5 JQUERY MUSIC PLAYER
HTML5 JQUERY MUSIC PLAYER is another free HTML5 music player software for Windows. It is a portable software that does not require any installation to run. However, you need a web browser to launch and play music with it. You can also add this player to your website to host songs for your users. This software has one major limitation that it can only play MP3 audio files.
In order to play songs with this software, you need to first add one or more songs to this player. In case of multiple songs, this player can continuously play the added list of songs just like a playlist. Let’s take a look at the process of adding songs to this software:
- First, paste all your MP3 audio files to the Mix folder that comes with this software.
- After that, open the myplaylist.js file in a text editor and add the name of your song in front of the mp3 field. The added file will look like this mp3: ‘mix/LISTOFFREEWARE_audio.mp3‘.
- Lastly, save this file and then launch the Index.html file of this software in a web browser to play MP3 songs.
On the interface of this HTML player, you can view all the added songs from where you can easily select and play any song.
SoundManager 2 is yet another free HTML5 audio player software for Windows. It is a portable HTML5 audio software that can play MP3 audio files. Using this software, you can convert your browser into an audio player. It also comes with various UI’s like Bar UI, Mixtape style UI, 360-degree player UI, etc. You can use any one of the UI to play audio files in the browser.
How to add and play songs using SoundManager 2:
- To add songs, open the SoundManager2 downloaded folder and go to Demos > _mp3 folder and paste all the songs that you want to play.
- Now, go to Demos > play-mp3-links folder and open the Index.html in a text editor.
- Either go to line number 113 or search for rain.mp3. Now, just replace rain.mp3 with the name of your song. You can copy and paste the whole line of code below it to add multiple songs. Lastly, save all the changes in the file.
- To launch the audio player, open the edited Index.html file in a web browser.
- According to the number of added songs, you can view separate players for each song. Now, just press the Play button of any player to start playing the added audio.
Overall, it is a very good HTML5 audio player to play multiple songs. Plus, you can further tweak this software to use other UI’s to play your music files.
Html5 Audio Player
Html5 Audio Player is another free HTML5 audio player software for Windows. It is actually a WordPress plugin through which you can add an audio player to the webpage of your WordPress website. With this player, you will be able to play audio files of MP3 and OGG audio formats. It provides a very standard audio player that consists of basic features like Play/Pause button, Seekbar, and Volume Controller. Besides this, a download option is also present through which users can also download songs to which they are listening.
As Html5 Audio Player is a plugin of WordPress, you need a WordPress Desktop Client along with hosting software like XAMPP, WAMP, etc. to test this player. After downloading all the necessary software, paste this downloaded plugin to the Plugin Folder of WordPress. After that, run the WordPress using the localhost. You can immediately view an Html5 Audio Player section in the side toolbar of the WordPress. Now, go to the HTML5 Audio Player menu and select Add Audio Player menu. From this menu, you can name the audio player, upload audio files, change the width of the audio player, and configure options like repeat once, repeat again, mute, etc. After all the configuration, press the Save Button. Now, again go to Html5 Audio Player section and copy the Shortcode of the newly created audio player. You can paste this code into any WordPress post. Lastly, press Preview button to play added music using this HTML5 audio player. You can also publish the post so that your viewers can also listen to songs.
HTML5 MUSIC PLAYER
HTML5 MUSIC PLAYER is yet another free HTML5 audio Player software for Windows. It is a beautifully designed HTML5 music player through which you can play MP3 audio files. In this player, you can add multiple songs at a time to form a playlist. The best thing about this player is that you can add MP3 audio files just by dropping them directly on its interface. On its interface, you can view all essential audio player tools namely, Next Track, Previous Track, Play Button, Pause Button, Stop Button, Music Shuffle Button, Repeat Off, and Show/Hide Playlist. Overall, it is one of the simplest HTML5 audio players in terms of adding audio files as in other similar software, you need to edit Index.html file. to add songs.
In order to run this software, you need a hosting software (I used XAMPP) and a web browser. After downloading the necessary software, paste the downloaded HTML5 MUSIC PLAYER Folder in the htdocs Folder of XAMPP. Now, run Apache Server of XAMPP software and open a web browser. Next, you need to write localost/(folder name of HTML5 MUSIC PLAYER) to run it. Lastly, directly drop MP3 files on its interface and start playing audio files.
ubaPlayer is the next free open source HTML5 audio player software for Windows. Using this player, you can turn your browser into an audio player. However, you will only be able to play audio files of only two formats namely MP3 and OGG through this player. The interface of this software is very minimalistic and it provides only play/pause button. For each individual song, it provides a separate Play/Pause button to play or pause the specific audio file.
How to play audio files using this HTML5 audio player: ubaPlayer
- The first step is to add new songs. To do that, go to dist > media folder of this HTML5 player and paste all music files that you want to play.
- The next step is to add the name of each new song in the Index.html file of this software. In order to do that, open the Index.html file in a text editor and replace the name of default songs with the newly added songs. You can also copy the whole line of code just below of the original code and add names of more songs. After adding the names of audio files, save all changes.
- Lastly, launch the index.html file using a web browser and play added songs.
We are the team behind some of the most popular tech blogs, like: I LoveFree Software and Windows 8 Freeware.More About Us
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014