8 Best Free ODT to DOCX Converter Software for Windows
Here is a list of Best Free ODT to DOCX Converter Software for Windows. Using these free software, you can convert an OpenDocument Text document (ODT) to Microsoft Word Open XML Document (DOCX), the newer version used in Microsoft Word 2007 and later. Most of these let you open and then convert single ODT file to DOCX format at a time. While in some of these, you can batch convert ODT to DOCX i.e., convert multiple ODT files to DOCX format at once.
This list contains some universal document converter (check full list here) and many office suites which provide word processors to perform ODT to DOCX conversion. Document converters support a lot of file format to input and convert documents, such as DOC, HTML, XML, TXT, RTF, PDF, etc. In word processors, you can also edit ODT documents before converting them using various tools like direct text editing, layout customization, insert features, and more. Plus, some additional tools like watermarking, password protection, image extraction from document, archive creation tool, and more.
All in all, these are quite feature packed software with an added capability to convert ODT to DOCX. The steps of conversion are also very easy and you can also checkout the software description to know the same.
My Favorite Free ODT to DOCX Converter Software for Windows:
AVS Document Converter and Soft4Boost Document Converter both are my favorites on this list as these can batch convert ODT to DOCX and a lot more other formats. Additionally, you get some handy tools in it that you can use as per your need.
LibreOffice Writer is also good as you can read and edit ODT document prior to conversion DOCX format.
AVS Document Converter
AVS Document Converter is a free ODT to DOCX converter software for Windows. Using it, you can convert multiple ODT documents to Microsoft Word DOCX format. It can convert ODT to a variety of file formats that include DOC, EPUB, FB2, MOBI, TXT, RTF, Images, etc. Plus, you can also read input ODT documents as it provides dedicated document reader with zoom and page navigation options. Now, let’s checkout the steps of ODT to DOCX conversion.
How to batch convert ODT to DOCX in AVS Document Converter:
- Firstly, use its Add Files button to open one or more ODT documents in it that you will be able to read in different tabs.
- Next, go to the Output Format panel at left and set conversion format to DOCX.
- After that, provide output location and hit the Convert Now! button to start batch ODT to DOCX conversion process.
- You can extract out images from various document files using this software.
- It lets you convert various document formats to PDF and in that case, you can watermark output and password protect it.
- It provides a handy useful feature to create archive with multiple document files.
It is one of the best free bulk document converter that also lets you convert ODT documents to DOCX and several other file formats. Plus, it offers some really useful features that may come in handy.
Soft4Boost Document Converter
Soft4Boost Document Converter is another batch document converter that can be used to convert ODT to DOCX. You can convert a variety of documents with the help of this software. It supports a lot of import and export file formats for document conversion. Besides ODT and DOCX, some of the formats supported in it include ODP, RTF, HTML, MHT, DOC, PPT, PPTX, DjVu, FB2, TXT, XPS, EPUB, and MOBI.
Prior to conversion, you can read the content of source ODT documents in its reading section. You can zoom in/ out pages as well as move from one page to another easily. Besides that, you also get some more additional features that I have discussed below. Let us now checkout steps of conversion.
How to convert ODT to DOCX in Soft4Boost Document Converter:
- First, add one or multiple ODT documents to this software that you want to convert.
- After that, from its Output Formats panel present at right, choose DOCX as export format.
- Finally, just enter the path to output folder and click the Convert Now! button to start batch document conversion.
- It offers watermarking and password protection features to convert other documents to PDF.
- It provides you dedicated feature to extract all images from various document files.
It is another good batch ODT to DOCX converter which also supports various other document formats and can be used as a universal document converter.
LibreOffice Writer is a powerful word processor that you can use to convert ODT to DOCX. Using it, you can create and edit documents in various formats including DOC, DOCX, ODT, RTF, TXT, HTML, XML, and WPS. Additionally, you can also convert a document from one supported format to another. In it, you can simply open an ODT document and then use its save feature to convert its format to Microsoft Word DOCX format. Before conversion, you can view and edit the content of ODT document as per your requirements.
LibreOffice Writer is a part of famous office suite “LibreOffice” which offers a wide number of office application. You can also find a spreadsheet processor, presentation maker, drawing application, database manager, and a few more software in this package. So, you can perform a lot more office tasks using this office suite.
How to convert ODT to DOCX in LibreOffice Writer:
- First, import an ODT document file to it that you can read and modify.
- Now, simply use its Save As option from File menu and while saving document, choose DOCX format as output. Also, before starting conversion, you can encrypt resulting document to make it confidential.
It is an advanced document processing software that you can also use to convert an ODT document to DOCX and several other formats like DOC, HTML, PDF, etc.
MultiDoc Converter is a free batch ODT to DOCX converter software for Windows. It is one of the easiest software to bulk convert documents. You can convert documents of various formats to other document formats. It supports input and output formats including EPUB, RTF, TXT, XML, DOC, PDF, MHT, etc. Let us now see procedure to convert ODT to other formats including DOCX.
How to batch convert ODT to DOCX in MultiDoc Converter:
- Launch this software and enter the path of source folder where ODT files are stored.
- Next, to filter ODT files from input folder to only convert ODT files, go to its Include section and select ODT format. You can also select other formats to convert other documents as well. Plus, an Exclude section to completely ignore files with specific formats is also provided in it.
- Now, select DOCX as output formats and enter output folder.
- At last, hit the Convert button and it will batch convert ODT to DOCX in a matter of few seconds.
It is a simple yet effective bulk document converter that can convert a bulk of ODT files to DOCX and other file formats.
ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors
ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors is a free office software that also lets you convert ODT to DOCX. It provides document, spreadsheet, and presentation modules to process different types of documents. In it, you can import an ODT file to it, read and modify input file, and then save it to DOCX format using a dedicated option.
How to convert ODT to DOCX in ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors:
- First, open an ODT file in this software which you can view and edit using available features.
- After that, you can use its its File > Protect option to encrypt resulting DOCX file.
- At last, move to its File menu and click Save As option and save output in DOCX file format.
It is basically a featured office software that also lets you convert ODT to DOCX and before conversion, you can also edit the content of source document.
SoftMaker FreeOffice, as its name suggests, is a free office suite that can also be used as an ODT to DOCX converter. In it, you can open an ODT document, view the content, edit ODT document if needed, and then save it to another format including DOCX, DOC, RTF, HTML, etc. It provides all standard document processing tools that help you modify ODT and other input documents.
This office suite provides different office applications including TextMaker, PlanMaker, and Presentations. You need to use its TextMaker application in order to convert ODT to DOCX. PlanMaker lets you process spreadsheets, while Presentations is used to design stunning presentation files.
How to convert ODT to DOCX in SoftMaker FreeOffice:
- At first, open its TextMaker application and then add an ODT file to it that you can modify prior to conversion.
- Next, click its Save As button from File tab and then choose output file type as Microsoft Word Document 2007-2019 i.e., DOCX. If you want to encrypt resulting DOCX file and enter some information related to it, then use the Properties option.
- At last, press the Save button to quickly start the conversion.
It is another good office suite that comes with several useful tools including ODT to DOCX conversion feature.
Pandoc is yet another free ODT to DOCX converter software for Windows, Mac, and Linux. It is a command based document converter that supports various formats to convert documents. It supports formats like ODT, DOCX, EPUB, HTML, XML, TXT, and more as input and output. Let us now see the command you need to perform to convert ODT to DOCX format.
How to convert ODT to DOCX using commands:
- First, install this software and go the folder where you have stored input ODT documents and open the folder in Command Prompt.
- Next, write a command with following syntax:
pandoc <input ODT document> -s -o <output DOCX document>. The final command will look something like this:
pandoc listoffreeware.odt -s -o lof.docx.
- Finally, press Enter and it will convert source ODT file to DOCX format.
To know more about its commands, read its user manual.
It is a nice universal document converter that can quickly convert an ODT document to DOCX format using a simple command.
OxygenOffice Professional is an OpenOffice based office suite that can be used for conversion of ODT to DOCX. You can use its OpenOffice.org Writer application in order to convert ODT to DOCX. It lets you import, view, edit, and then convert ODT file to DOCX format in a few simple steps. Let’s checkout the exact steps.
How to convert ODT to DOCX in OxygenOffice Professional:
- First, open an ODT document in it that you can read through as well as modify.
- Now, use its Save As feature and simply choose DOCX as output format to start the conversion.
It is another good alternative to an ODT to DOCX converter that anyone can use without much hassle. It also comes with other office applications including OpenOffice.org Calc, OpenOffice.org Impress, OpenOffice.org Draw, and more.
We are the team behind some of the most popular tech blogs, like: I LoveFree Software and Windows 8 Freeware.More About Us
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014