7 Best Free Open Source Dreamweaver Alternative Software For Windows
Here is a list of best free open source Dreamweaver alternative software for Windows. Through these alternatives, users can create websites and web pages, similar to Dreamweaver. Plus, all these alternatives come in open-source packages that allow users to access and edit their source codes.
Similar to Dreamweaver, these alternatives also let users edit code, supports syntax highlighting, and code collapse features. To edit code, these alternatives offer various editing tools and features that simplify the overall editing process. Some alternatives also come with a smart autocorrect feature that automatically suggests the next code symbol & words to increase code writing speed. The syntax highlighting feature automatically highlights different code elements in different colors to help users easily distinguish element types. Similar to Dreamweaver, some alternatives also let users preview changes to a web design in realtime. Besides this, some software can even help users publish webpages.
Most of these alternatives also support collaboration just like Dreamweaver. With the help of collaboration tools, multiple users can easily work on a common web development project at a time. Besides this, comments and feedback features to improve collaboration is also present in most alternatives. In some software, users can also import plugins and extensions to add more features like preview, customizable calculator, etc. Go through the list to know more about these software.
My Favorite Open source Dreamweaver Alternative For Windows:
Atom is my favorite alternative as it offers the closest set of features that you get in Dreamweaver. In addition to that, it comes with Github integration to quickly download necessary web development resources.
Atom is a free open source Dreamweaver alternative software for Windows, macOS, and Linux. It is mainly a hackable text editor that can also be used as a web development tool similar to Adobe Dreamweaver. This software is connected with Github that allows users to download packages and other web development resources directly from Github. Now, check out the main features of this Dreamviewer alternative software.
- Project and Folders: Using this software, web developers can easily categize web elements by putting them in separate folders. Besides this, it also lets users create and maintain multiple web development projects.
- Collaboration: This software allows multiple users to work on a common web development project with ease. All the changes can be made to web elements in real-time by various users with ease.
- Syntax Highlighting: This software highlights different code elements in different colors to help users easily distinguish between code elements.
- Share Workspace: It also lets users share their ongoing workspace with other users and developers to get suggestions about your projects.
- Multi-Tab Interface: This software offers multiple tabs to open up multiple project branches, stage & commit, etc.
- Multiple Panes: Use it to split the main interface of this software into multiple panes to compare similar projects side by side.
- Themes: It comes with multiple light and dark themes to quickly design the interface of a web project.
- Packages: In Atom, users can add additional plugins like atom-html-preview (to preview all the UI changes), atom-clock (to add customizable clock on a web interface), etc.
- Smart Autocompletion: This feature helps users code faster as it suggests possible next code terms.
- Github For Atom: It is another important feature that allows developers to download web development resources like code and plugins from Github for free.
- File System Browser: This software comes with an internal file browser to quickly search and browse files and resources present in a system.
It is one of the best free open source Dreamweaver alternative software that offers all the essential web development features similar to Adobe Dreamweaver.
Aptana is another free open source Dreamweaver alternative software for Windows, Linux, and macOS. It is a dedicated web application software through which you can create web pages and websites with ease. Plus, it improves the web development speed by providing new web development tools and features. Let’s take a look at the main features of this open source Dreamweaver alternative.
- Development Wizard: This software supports both one-shot and keeps synchronized setups. Plus, all the important development protocols are supported by it such as FTP, SFTP, FTPS, and Capistrano.
- Git Integration: It allows users to test and manage both local and remote repositories (Github repositories).
- Collaboration: To collaborate on a web development project it offers merge, pull and push actions to remote repositories.
- IDE Customization: It helps users customize the development environment according to their requirements.
It is another good open source Dreamweaver alternative software that offers many latest web development tools and features to improve productivity.
Visual Studio Code
Visual Studio Code is yet another free open source Dreamweaver software for Windows, macOS, and Linux. It is another powerful web development tool through which you can create and edit existing web development projects and websites. Now, take a look at the primary features of this software.
- Intellisense: It is the highlighted feature of this software that facilitates users beyond usual syntax highlighting and autocomplete features. To do that it offers smart autocompletion that takes action based on variable type, function, definition, etc.
- Easy Debugging: To ease the debugging process, it allows users to debug code right from the editor. With its help, users can launch running apps and debug with break points, call stacks, and an interactive console.
- GIT Command Support: It lets users review diffs, stage files, etc., right from the editor using push, pull, and other GIT commands.
- Microsoft Azure Support: Using Microsoft Azure users can deploy and host websites based on Vue, Node, Python, etc.
- Extensions: For this software, you can find many extensions that users can add to this software to add new features, themes, debuggers, and improve existing features.
- Multi-Tab Interface: It enables users to easily open up multiple files of different types of a project at a time and edit them all together.
It is another feature right open source Dreamweaver alternative software that offers many powerful web development tools similar to Adobe Dreamweaver.
KodeWeave is a free open source Dreamweaver alternative software for Windows, macOS, Linux, and Android. This software comes with found important web development features namely Collaboration, Responsive, Libraries & Frameworks, and Freedom to develop unlimited websites and web applications. Now, check out the main features of this open source Dreamweaver alternative software.
- Collaboration: This software enables multiple users to work on website development and web application projects. To enable collaboration, it uses industry-standard TogetherJS service.
- Responsive: This software comes with fully responsive tools to create responsive web applications and websites.
- Libraries & Frameworks: KodeWeave carries more than 50 libraries and frameworks that allow developers to create various types of websites and web applications using combinations of available libraries and frameworks.
- Freedom to Develop: It allows users of many supported platforms to create any number of websites and web applications without any restriction.
- Syntax Highlighting: Similar to other Dreamweaver alternative software it also highlights elements of a code in different elements.
- Editor: It offers a dedicated editing section in which users can edit and write code using available editing tools like separate code tabs, brackets, size by size code comparison, and more.
It is another good open source Dreamweaver alternative software that works similar to Dreamweaver.
Brackets is another free open source Dreamweaver alternative software for Windows. It is mainly a text editor that understands web designs and their elements. Let’s take a brief look at the main features of this software.
- Working Files: This section shows all the working files like HTML, CSS, Images, etc., associated with a web project.
- Live Preview: This feature allows users to quickly preview all the user interface changes after editing the project code.
- Inline Editors: It allows users to directly select editable elements and edit them in place to reduce switching between pages.
- Preprocessor Support: It enables users to directly jump to preprocessor code and edit & recompile code as quickly as possible.
- Debug: This section carries various developer tools, extensions, new bracket windows, node debugger, and more.
It is a decent open source Dreamweaver alternative that offers some essential web development tools.
- Editing Tools: To edit project code, it offers tools like Insert (to insert images, table, form, link, anchor tag, etc.), Font Tool (Bold, Italic, Heading, etc.), Find and Replace, Paste Text, and more.
- View: Using it, users can preview the final look of a web page, highlight HTML tags, and Zoom in on a webpage.
- CSS Editor: Using it, you can edit and insert CSS elements (style sheets, attribute-value pairs, binding, etc.) to style a webpage.
- Multi-tab Interface: It allows users to parallelly work on multiple projects code files at a time.
- Publish: It is a handy tool that you can use to directly publish a webpage to your website.
It is another effective open source Dreamweaver alternative software through which developers can create and edit websites and web pages.
Amaya is the next free open source Dreamweaver alternative software for Windows and macOS. Like most other similar alternatives, it is also a web editor that offers Dreamweaver like features. Let’s take a brief look at the primary features of this software.
- Browse and Author Webpages: Through this software, users can create webpages and upload them to a server. Plus, it also allows users to create a document from scratch, they can browse the web and find the information they need, copy and paste it to their pages, etc.
- Multi-Document Supported Tabs: Users can easily able to open up and work on several documents of different types like XHTML, HTML, MML, SVG, and more.
- Collaborative Annotation Application: This software also allows users to attach comments, notes, remarks with web documents that facilitate integration.
- Github Support: This software lets users work with Github to import resources. Although, users do need a Github account to do so.
- Syntax Highlighting: Similar to Dreamweaver, it also uses syntax highlighting to help users distinguish different code elements.
It is another decent open source Dreamweaver alternative software that comes with important web development tools.
We are the team behind some of the most popular tech blogs, like: I LoveFree Software and Windows 8 Freeware.More About Us
- December 2022
- November 2022
- October 2022
- September 2022
- August 2022
- July 2022
- June 2022
- May 2022
- April 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- January 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014