5 Best Free Open Source Zoom Alternative Software For Windows
Here is a list of best free open source Zoom alternative software for Windows. Zoom is a popular video conferencing software that also allows users to conduct video calls, audio calls, and text chats. If you are looking for an open source Zoom alternative then check out this list. Similar to Zoom, these alternatives allow users to conduct video conferencing, video calls, audio calls, text chats, etc. Although to conduct group chats and calls, you may need to create separate chat rooms or teams in some software. Besides this, you can also find the screen sharing feature in some software similar to Zoom through which users can share their screen with other users.
These alternatives also employes various security features similar to Zoom to ensure the privacy of users and their communication. Some of the security features that these alternatives employes are end to end encryption, DTLS Encryption, SRTP Encryption, and more. Besides this, you can also find additional features in these software such as file or data sharing, conference recording, etc. Go through the list to know more about these open source alternatives.
My Favorite Open Source Zoom Alternative Software For Windows:
Blink is my favorite software because it provides almost all the features that Zoom software provides. Plus, it also supports SIP protocol that allows users to connect with other networks that support SIP protocol.
Blink is a free open source Zoom alternative software for Windows, macOS, and Linux. Using this software, you can easily communicate with one or more users through audio calls, video calls, and text chats similar to Zoom. Plus, the quality of this video and audio calls provided by this service is also quite good. This software also works as a SIP client that allows users to connect with each other using SIP protocols. Let’s take a brief look at the main features of this open source Zoom alternative.
- Voice and Video Calls: These are the most important features which allow users to conduct both group and private meetings using either voice or video calls. Plus, this software also uses the end to end encryption to secure both voice and audio communication.
- Chat Sessions: In this software, users can also communicate through text chats.
- File Transfer: By using this feature, users can easily share documents and files with one another.
- Screen Sharing: It is another handy feature through which users can share their screens with one or more users.
- Conferencing: Using it, host users can conduct online conferences and manage participants in real-time like add new participants, remove a participant, mute one or more participants, etc.
- This software also contains many additional features through which users can view call history, redial calls, activate voicemail, silence alerts, and more.
It is one of the best free open source Zoom alternative software that offers all the essential features that you get in Zoom.
Jitsi is another free open source Zoom alternative software for Windows, Linux, and macOS. It is a flexible and free video conferencing software that offers the same set of features that you get in Zoom. In addition to that, it supports many network protocols to connect users such as AIM, SIP, ICQ, etc. Let’s take a brief look at the main features of this Zoom alternative software.
- Video Calls and Conference: Through this software, users can easily communicate with one or more users over video calls.
- Audio Calls and Chats: These features are similar to Zoom audio call and chat features through which you can conduct both private and group audio calls and text chats.
- Conference Calls: This feature allows you to create a group of users with which you can conduct video and audio conferencing.
- Share Desktop: It is another useful feature that lets its users share their screen with one another.
- File-Sharing: This software also supports file sharing through which users can share files and data with each other.
It is another good open source Zoom alternative software that anyone can use to conduct audio conferencing, video conferencing, and group chat sessions over the internet.
Linphone is another free open source Zoom alternative software for Windows, macOS, Linux, and Android. Similar to Zoom, this software also allows users to communicate through video calls, audio calls, and instant messages. This software also ensures the security the communication. Let’s take a brief look at the primary features of this software.
- Video and Audio Calls: Using these features, you can connect with one or more Linphone users through video and audio call methods. Plus, this software provides video calls in high definition quality.
- Chats: Using this feature, users can communicate with other users through text chats.
- Conference Calls: Using this feature, users can conduct conference calls and act as the conference host to manage other users who joined the conference.
- Encryption: To ensure the security and privacy of the communication this software employs various encryption algorithms such as DTLS, SRTP, etc.
- Record: It is another handy feature through which users can record video and audio call sessions for later use.
It is another capable open source Zoom alternative software that offers all primary features like Video Calls, Audio Calls, Text Chats, Communication security & privacy, etc.
Jami is yet another free open source Zoom alternative software for Windows, iOS, Linux, macOS, and Android. This software offers all the main features that you get in Zoom such as video conferencing, audio conferencing, text chat, and screen sharing. Besides this, it also employs end-to-end encryption similar to Zoom to secure the communication between users. Now, check out the main features of this open source zoom alternative software.
- Video and Audio Conferencing: This software offers easy to use open video and audio call features that anyone can use without hassle. Plus, it allows users to conduct both private and group video calls and audio calls.
- Messaging: Using it, users of this software can perform group and private text chats.
- Teams: In this software, you can create as many teams as you want consisting of any number of users to quickly conduct group meetings.
- Secure Connection: To establish a secure connection between users, it uses end to end encryption with forwarding secrecy technique.
- Record: This software also lets its users record both video and audio conferences.
It is another good open source Zoom alternative software that users can use to conduct video calls, online meetings, audio calls, text chat, etc.
element is the next free open source Zoom alternative software for Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android. It is a beautifully designed software for the community through which multiple users and community can communicate using text chat, video calls, and audio calls. Plus, it also offers a secure communication environment that protects the privacy of users. Let’s take a brief look at the main features of this software.
- Video calls: This software offers an easy to use video calling feature through which you can conduct both private, group, and community video calls.
- Audio Conferencing: Similar to video calls, it also lets users also conduct audio calls consisting of one or more users.
- Chat: Using it, users of this software can perform group and private text chats.
- Community: In this software, you can create as many communities and join many communities as you want to quickly conduct group meetings.
- Centralize Chat Apps: In this software, users can also add many chat apps like Telegram, Signal, Slack, Microsoft Teams.
It is a simple yet effective open source Zoom alternative client software that offers a good set of video, audio, and text chat features similar to Zoom.
We are the team behind some of the most popular tech blogs, like: I LoveFree Software and Windows 8 Freeware.More About Us
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014