5 Best Free Open Source SIP Client Software For Windows
Here is a list of best free open source SIP client software for Windows. As these are open source software, thus you can also download and edit their source codes without any restrictions. SIP or Session Initiation Protocol is used to conduct real-time video, audio, and chat sessions. Using this protocol, you can also connect to traditional cellular networks. The main advantage of this protocol is its security and privacy as it employes various encryption technologies. These open-source SIP clients use the SIP protocol to connect and conduct video and audio conferences. Although, you need to have a verified SIP account to use these software. After adding your SIP account to these software, you can easily add multiple contacts and start communicating with others.
Through most of these software, you can also conduct group video conferences, audio conferences, and chat sessions. Although to conduct group chats and calls, you may need to create separate chat rooms or teams in some software. Besides this, you can also find the screen sharing feature in some software that helps users to share their desktop screen with one another. Through some of these SIP clients, you can even share files and data with other users. Go through the list to know more about these software.
My Favorite Open Source SIP Client Software For Windows:
Blink is my favorite software because it offers all the methods of communication that SIP network support. Plus, it uses various encryption technologies to secure communication between its users.
Blink is a free open source SIP client software for Windows, macOS, and Linux. Through this software, you can connect to other clients that follow the SIP protocol. Plus, it enables its users to communicate with each other through audio calls, video calls, and text chat services. Besides this, you can also use it to share your screen with another user. To use this software, you do need a SIP account. If you don’t have one then you can use its Add Account option to make a SIP account. Now, check out the main features of this software.
- Voice and Video Calls: Through this software, you can easily communicate with other users through video and audio calls. Both video and audio communication conducted through this software remain secure, as it uses ZRTP end to end encryption technology. Plus, it also employes technologies like HD video and audio echo cancellation to improve the video and audio quality.
- Chat Sessions: This software also lets you communicate through text chat that also remain end to end encrypted.
- File Transfer: Using it, you can easily share documents and files with other users.
- Screen Sharing: It is another handy feature through which users can share their screens with one another to improve collaboration.
- Conferencing: It is also possible to communicate with a group of users through this software. It also gives participant management features to the conference host.
- It also offers some additional features such as call history, redial, voicemail, silence alerts, and more.
It is one of the best free open source SIP client software that uses SIP protocol to help users communicate with each other through various mediums.
Linphone is another free open source SIP client software for Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, and IOS. This software offers a communication system that follows the SIP protocol. Using it, you can communicate with other users through video calls, audio calls, and instant messages. It also lets you conduct calls over cellular networks. To use this software, you do need a SIP account. Now, check out the main features of this software.
- Video and Audio Calls: Using these features, you can connect with a user through the video call or audio call method. Both the audio and video communication is done in HD quality.
- Chats: Using it, you can communicate with other users through instant messages.
- Conference Calls: Using this feature, you can connect and communicate with multiple users at a time. It lets its users use both audio and video conferencing methods.
- Encryption: This software offers various types of encryption methods that you can choose to secure your communication namely SRTP, ZRTP, and DTLS.
- Status: Using it, users can update their current status like available, busy, do not disturb, etc., so that other connected users know whether you are available or not.
- Record: It is another handy feature through which you can record entire video and audio call sessions.
It is a beautifully designed open source SIP client software that anyone can use to securely communicate with one or more users.
Jitsi is another free open source SIP client software for Windows, Linux, Ubuntu, and macOS. Through this software, you can connect with other users over networks that follow SIP, AIM, ICQ, SIP, and IPPI protocols. As it supports various network protocols, thus you can also use accounts of different networks other than SIP to connect and communicate with users.
This software is primarily used as a secure video conferencing software. Although, you can also use it to conduct audio conferencing and text messaging. Let’s take a brief look at the main features of this software.
- Audio Calls, Video Calls, and Chats: After adding other users to this software, you can easily conduct one on one audio and video calls. Similarly, you can communicate with one user at a time through messages.
- Conference Calls: This feature allows you to create a group of users with which you can conduct video and audio conferencing.
- Chat Room: If you want to communicate through chats with multiple users, then you can need to use this Chat Room feature.
- Share Desktop: It is another useful feature that lets its users share their screen with one another. Plus, it also lets users share files and documents.
- Auto Answer and Call Forwarding: In this software, you can also set an automated answer so that caller gets a predefined response if you failed to pick up a call. Besides this, this software can also forward calls to another SIP account.
It is another capable open source SIP client software that anyone can use to conduct audio conferencing, video conferencing, and group chat sessions over the internet.
Jami is the next free open source SIP client software for Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS, and Android. Using it, you can connect with other users over a secure SIP network. Plus, all the essential features to communicate with one or more users are also offered by it. Let’s take a brief look at the main features of this software.
- Video calls: In this software, you can conduct video calls with one or more users at a time. Plus, during video calls, users can share their desktop screen with each other.
- Audio Conferencing: Similar to video calls, you can also conduct audio calls consisting of one or more users.
- Messaging: Using it, users of this software can perform group and private text chats.
- Teams: In this software, you can create as many teams as you want consisting of any number of users to quickly conduct group meetings.
- Peer to Peer Connection: To offer a secure network and improve data transfer speeds, this software uses peer to peer connection technology.
- This software also lets you record both audio and video conferencing sessions that you can locally save in your system.
It is a simple yet effective open source SIP client software that lets you conduct video and audio conferences over a secure SIP network.
MicroSIP is another free open source SIP client software for Windows. Using it, you can conduct high-quality VOIP calls over the SIP network. To use it, you just need a registered SIP account. After adding your account to this software, you can conduct audio calls and video calls with other users. Now, check out its main features.
- In this software, you can use both the audio and video calling methods to communicate with a user. Although, group video and audio calls are not allowed in it.
- This software also lets you send text messages to other users.
- This software keeps a record of all the incoming video and audio calls that you can access from the Logs tab.
- A handy auto-answer feature is also present in it that you can enable at any time so that caller gets a predefined message.
- To ensure the security and privacy of your calls, this software uses TLS / SRTP encryption technology.
- DND: It is a do not disturb feature, if enabled, you will not get any voice alerts or notifications regarding the incoming calls.
It is another decent open source SIP client software through which you can securely communicate with other users.
We are the team behind some of the most popular tech blogs, like: I LoveFree Software and Windows 8 Freeware.More About Us
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014