6 Best Free SSD Temperature Monitor Software For Windows
Here is a list of best free SSD temperature monitor software for Windows. Through these software, you can easily find out real-time temperature of an SSD. Unlike traditional hard disk drives, SSDs can achieve a very high temperature that can damage it. It is especially important to track the temperature of an SSD during the large data transfer to ensure it remains below the operating temperature threshold. To do that, some of these software come with a temperature alert system that immediately notifies you when SSD temperature hits a threshold limit. The method to notify users can vary as some software generate alert sound and some send notifications or email alerts.
Along with SSD, you can also track the temperature of hard drives with all these software. Apart from monitoring the temperature, these software also show various technical attribute by accessing the S.M.A.R.T data. Some of the SSD attributes that they show are raw read error rate, power-on hours, and power cycle count. These software also offer benchmarking features to test Sequential (read and write) and Random (read and write) speeds. Go through the list to know more about these software.
My Favorite SSD Temperature Monitor Software For Windows:
CrystalDiskInfo is my favorite software because it can monitor current temperature of both SSD and Hard Disk Drives. Plus, it supports SSDs of all companies, unlike some other similar software. I also like its ability to notify users when the SSD crosses the threshold temperature limit.
CrystalDiskInfo is a free SSD temperature monitor software for Windows. This software can show the real-time temperature of both SSD and HDDs. Plus, you can also set a temperature alarm in it to immediately know when your SSD hits a threshold temperature value. Another good thing about this software is its ability to show the temperature in both Celsius and Fahrenheit values. Along with the SSD temperature, it also shows the health of the SSD drive. Let’s take a look at the main features of this software.
- Real-Time Temperature: On the main interface of this software, you can view the real-time temperature of one or more connected SSD and hard disk drives.
- Temperature Graph: With the help of the temperature graph, you can track the fluctuations in SSD drive temperature over a period of time.
- Alert Feature: You can use this feature to set a threshold SSD temperature to immediately get an alert as soon as your SSD hits the threshold temperature value. In addition to that, it lets you choose the type of alert from two available ones namely sound alert and mail alert.
- Health Status and SSD Drive Attributes: On its interface, you can view current health status (good, medium, and bad) along with various SSD attributes such as raw data error rate, power cycle count, total host reads, total host writes, SSD protect mode, and more.
It is a simple and effective SSD temperature monitor software through which you can track the temperature and health of SSD drives.
HDD Guardian is another free SSD temperature monitor software for Windows. As its name implies, it is mainly an HDD information viewer software that also supports SSD drives and shows their data. In its Overview section, you can view all the connected SSD and HDDs. By selecting your SSD drive, you can view the current temperature of your SSD drive, SSD remaining life in percentage, number of bad sectors, and ATA errors. Now, check out the main features of this software.
- Overview: In this tab, you can view all the connected SSD and HDD drives along with their current temperature values.
- Events: This feature is present under the Manage tab that shows the SSD temperature event list highlighting maximum, minimum, and variation in temperature at different points of time. In addition to that, an Event Chart to show the change in SSD temperature is also present in it. It also lets you export both the event list and event chart in the form of TXT and CSV file formats.
- S.M.A.R.T Attributes: It shows various technical information about your SSD such as raw read error rate, power-on hours, power cycle count, UDMA CRC error count, media wear-out indicator, and more.
- Test planner: Using it, you can run a set of tests on your SSD drive to find all its fault conditions.
It is another good SSD temperature monitor software that can also track the temperature of hard disk drives.
HD Tune is another free SSD temperature monitor software for Windows. It is mainly a Hard Disk utility that can also track the temperatures of both SSD and Hard Disk Drives. Plus, it works with all types of SSDs of different companies. By selecting an SSD from its Drive menu, you can view its current temperature. Besides this, it can also be used to check SSD health, errors in SSD, and data transfer speed. Now, check out the main features of this software.
- Temperature: On the main interface of this software, you can view the current temperature of the selected SSD or Hard Disk Drive. By default, this software shows temperature in Celcius that you can change to Fahrenheit by going to the Options.
- Critical Temperature: It lets you set a threshold temperature value for SSD to immediately know about critical SSD temperature.
- Save Screenshots: Using it, you can save the screenshot of this software showing the SSD temperature and other values in the PNG image format.
- Health: It shows various SSD health parameters such as real error retry rate, raw read error rate, power-on hours count, ultra DMA CRC count, and more.
- Error Scan: Using it, you can scan your SSD for possible errors.
- Benchmark: You can run this benchmark to find out the minimum, maximum, and average data transfer rate of your SSD.
It is another capable SSD temperature monitor software that can also be used to benchmark SSDs.
SSD-Z is a free and portable SSD temperature monitor software for Windows. As it is a portable software thus, you can also directly use it from a portable storage device. This software not only shows the current temperature of an SSD drive but also shows its specification such as Bus Interface, Capacity, Firmware, Controller, etc. Apart from SSD, it can also show the temperature of a connected hard disk drive along with its specifications. Let’s take a brief look at the main features of this software.
- Device: It is the main section in which you can view the real-time temperature of your SSD and Hard Disk drives. Plus, it also shows various specifications of the SSD such as manufacturer name, firmware version, capacity, sector size, etc.
- Toggle Temperature: By clicking on the temperature field, you can toggle the temperature value, form Celcius to Fahrenheit and vice-versa.
- S.M.A.R.T.: In this tab, you can view various technical attributes of an SSD such as reallocated sector count, raw read error rate, power cycle count, erase fail count, write error rate, etc.
- Partitions: It shows all the partitions of an SSD drive.
- Benchmark: It lets you run a bunch of benchmarks to find out the sequential read, sequential write, 4k writes, read access time, etc., values.
It is a simple to use SSD temperature monitor software that anyone can use with ease.
ADATA SSD Toolbox
ADATA SSD Toolbox is yet another free SSD temperature monitor software for Windows. According to its name, it only works with ADATA SSD drives. Although, you can still use it to track the Hard Drive temperature. It also offers an alarm feature that will automatically trigger when the SSD temperature crosses the threshold value. Let’s take a brief look at the main features of this SSD temperature monitor software.
- Drive Info: In this section, you can view all the connected SSD and HDDs along with their current temperature values. Besides this, it also shows the amount of free space, drive health, estimated life remaining, model of SSD drive.
- Diagnostics: Using it, you can run an SSD diagnostic test to check its health. Plus, it offers Alert Settings through which you can set an SSD temperature threshold value. As soon as SSD temperature hits the threshold temperature, this software notifies you with a sound.
- SMART Details: It shows the current status of various SSD parameters such as RAW data error rate, Program Fail Count, Real Life Time, Write Life Time, Enclosure Temperature, and more.
- Utilities: It offers a Security Erase feature through which you can permanently clear all the data from your SSD drive.
- System Optimization: Using it, you can optimize your SSD drive to improve its performance.
- It only supports SSD drives of ADATA company.
It is an easy to use SSD temperature monitor software through which you can track the temperature of ADATA SSD drives and standard Hard Disk Drives.
Samsung Magician is the next free SSD temperature monitor software for Windows. As its name implies, it only works with Samsung SSDs. Although, you can also use it with traditional hard drives to monitor their temperature and health. Now, check out the main features of this SSD temperature monitor software.
- Drive Details: In this section, you can view the current temperature of your SSD drive along with the SSD volume, SSD Interface (SATA 1, SATA 2, or SATA 3), Firmware, and Drive Health.
- Performance Benchmark: Using it, you can find out both the Sequential and Random, Read and Write speeds of an SSD.
- Diagnostic Scan: It scans the SSD and automatically fixes errors if found any.
- Over Provisioning: It allocates a certain capacity of the SSD to available space to improve its performance and lifetime.
- Data Management: It offers multiple data management features through which you can securely erase data from SSD, unencrypt encrypted SSD, and encrypt SSD.
- This software only works with Samsung SSDs.
It is a decent SSD temperature monitor software through which you can track the temperature of Samsung SSDs and traditional HDDs.
We are the team behind some of the most popular tech blogs, like: I LoveFree Software and Windows 8 Freeware.More About Us
- September 2021
- August 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014