Here is a list of best free STL to FBX converter software for Windows. STL or Standard Tessellation Language format is one of many CAD file formats that carry surface geometry data of 3D models. Just like STL, FBX (Filmbox) also carries 3D models and designs. Both of these file formats are supported by many CAD and 3D designing software. However, in case you want to convert 3D model of an STL file to FBX format, you can use these free STL to FBX converter software.
All of these converters are primarily 3D CAD software in which you can view, create, and edit 3D models and designs. To create and edit 3D models, these converters offer many designing tools like Intrude, Extrude, Arc, Color, Shading, Shapes, and more. In some software, you also get multiple viewing windows to view a 3D model from multiple different angles at a time. Another good thing about these software is that they all support multiple file formats like SVG, X3D, DWT, 3DS, SKP, OBJ, and more. The process of file format conversion is quite simple and similar in all converters. Still, I have included the steps to convert STL to FBX in the description of each software.
These software also contain some additional tools that may come in handy like Presentation, Animation, Texture Paint, etc. Go through the list to know more about these converters.
My Favorite STL to FBX Converter Software For Windows:
pCon.planner is my favorite software because it lets you quickly convert an STL file to FBX format. Plus, it also gives you tools to properly view and edit 3D models present in an STL or another supported file format.
You can also check out lists of best free STL to DAE Converter, STL to G-code Converter, and OBJ to FBX Converter software for Windows.
pCon.planner is a free STL to FBX converter software for Windows. It is a 3D space planner which is a good software to view, create, and edit 3D models. To view models, it offers four windows in which you can view the STL file model from different directions like top, front, right, etc. Plus, other essential viewing tools like Zoom, Rotate, Pan, etc., are also present in it. As it also lets you edit 3D models, thus it comes with various editing tools like Polyline, Rectangle, Arc, Cuboid, Color, Layer Filter, and more.
This software supports multiple CAD file formats to import and export, like DWG, DXF, DWT, 3DS, SKP, OBJ, and more.
How to convert STL to FBX using pCon.planner:
- Launch this software and go to File > Open option to load an STL file in it.
- Now, you can edit the STL file model if you want, with the help of available model editing tools.
- Next, go to File > Export > Geometry menu and select the FBX format.
- Lastly, press the Save button to start the conversion process.
- Presentation: Using it, you can create a presentation representing a 3D model from direction directions. It lets you create the presentation in both the Video and Animation formats.
It is a good STL to FBX converter in which you can view and edit 3D models present in an STL file before converting it to the FBX format.
Home Page Download Page
Blender is a free open source 3D model creation software that can also be used as an STL to FBX converter software. It works on Windows, macOS, and Linux. In this software, you can create 3D models, edit 3D models, render 3D objects, sculpt 3D models, and change 3D file formats. Using it, you can also edit 3D designs and models present in an input STL file prior to conversion. To edit models, it offers multiple editing tool sections such as Modelling, Layout, Sculpting, Shading, etc. After viewing and editing an STL file model, you can start the conversion process.
In this software, you can also edit and convert files of DAE, ABC, BVH, PLY, OBJ, SVG, and other formats.
How to convert STL to FBX using Blender:
- Start this software and go to File > Import option to load an STL file. Immediately after loading an STL file, you can view a model contained by it on the interface.
- Next, you can make adjustments to the design of an existing STL file model, if you want.
- After making desired changes to the STL file model, go to the File > Export menu and choose FBX as the output format. Lastly, specify the destination location path and press the Export FBX button to start the conversion process.
- Animation: Using it, you can create realistic looking animation using 3D characters and models.
- Texture Paint: Through this feature, you cannot only add colors to the outer surface of 3D models but also define the texture of the output surface.
It is a feature-rich STL to FBX converter through which you can also create realistic looking 3D objects and animations.
Home Page Download Page
Bforartists is another free open source 3D designing software that can also be used as the STL to FBX converter. It works on Windows and Linux. Through this software, you can create game graphics, cartoon characters, prerendered movies, and 3D objects. To do that, it offers various handy sections such as Modeling, Sculpting, Rigging, Rendering, Post Processing, and more. Tools of available designing sections can also be used to edit the STL file model. Besides STL, it also supports files of many other formats such as SVG, X3D, OBJ, PLY, 3DX, ABC, and more. After making the desired changes to an STL file, you can convert it to the FBX format.
How to convert STL to FBX using Bforartists:
- Start this software and load an STL file in it using the Open option.
- After that, you can use available editing tools of this software to make changes to the STL model design, if you want.
- Next, move to the File > Export menu and select the FBX format and specify the destination location path and then click on the Export FBX button to initiate the conversion.
- Animation: Using it, you can create 3D animation using 3D objects and characters to show a story.
It is a nice STL to FBX converter that offers a lot of tools to edit STL file model before converting it to the FBX format.
Home Page Download Page
NuGraf is another free STL to FBX converter software for Windows. Through this software, you can also convert STL files to formats like X3D, XAML, U3D, VRML, PLY, STL, XGL, etc. It even comes with a batch conversion functionality that allows you to convert multiple STL files to FBX format at a time. Apart from file format conversion, it can also be used to view STL file models. For viewing a model, it offers four viewing windows (Top, Right, Front, and Camera) along with Multi-View Tools (top view, camera view, right view, etc.). Now, to convert STL to FBX, follow the below steps.
How to convert STL to FBX using NuGraf:
- Open the interface of this software and load an STL file in it using the open option.
- After that, you can view the STL file model and make some minor adjustments to it using the light library, texture library, surface library, etc.
- Now, go to File > Export 3D Geometry menu and choose the FBX option.
- Finally, specify the export properties like mesh processing, curves, materials, etc., and press the OK button to start the conversion.
- This free version of NuGraf does not export every fifth polygon of the output 3D model. To remove this limitation, you need to purchase the paid version of this software.
It is another nice STL to FBX converter software through which you can easily view and convert STL files to FBX and other supported formats.
Home Page Download Page