8 Best Free HTML to EPUB Converter Software for Windows
Here is a list of Best Free HTML to EPUB Converter Software for Windows. Using these software, you can convert HyperText Markup Language (HTML) document files to Electronic Publication (EPUB) eBook files. Most of these batch document converters which support batch HTML to EPUB conversion. So, you can import and convert multiple HTML documents to EPUB simultaneously. Besides HTML to EPUB, more document conversions are supported in these software. Some commonly supported input and output formats include DOC, DOCX, PDF, FB2, MOBI, TXT, and XML.
A few software are dedicated document processor which let you open, view, and edit an HTML document and then convert it to EPUB format. One software is operated through command prompt, so you can convert HTML to PDF using a simple command. Before conversion, some output EPUB configurations can be customized in some software which include EPUB version (2 or 3), cover image, metadata, table of content, page layout, etc.
The steps of converting an HTML file to EPUB are very simple in all software. You can check out the software description to know the whole process. All in all, these are very simple yet capable converter with additional features like extract images from a document, watermark output, rename multiple documents at once, fetch eBooks from online stores, etc.
My Favorite HTML to EPUB Converter Software for Windows:
AVS Document Converter is one of my favorites as it lets you quickly convert a batch of HTML documents to EPUB at a time.
calibre is another favorite of mine. It is a great eBook manager software that comes with an eBook converter which lets you convert HTML to EPUB.
You can also try LibreOffice Writer if you want to make modifications to the HTML document before converting it to EPUB.
AVS Document Converter
AVS Document Converter is a free HTML to EPUB converter software for Windows. Not one, you can convert multiple HTML files to EPUB eBooks using this software. It is basically a bulk document converter that lets you perform conversions among a variety of document formats. Some of its supported input and output formats other than HTML and EPUB include MHT, TXT, XPS, Powerpoint Presentation, DjVu, FB2, ODT, ODP, RTF, MOBI, and more.
Before starting the actual conversion, it lets you customize a few parameters related to EPUB format including Save Cover and Embedded Fonts. Now, let’s check out a sorted procedure to quickly convert one or multiple HTML files to EPUB format in this software.
How to convert HTML to EPUB in AVS Document Converter:
- Simply add all the HTML files that you want to convert using the Add Files button.
- Now, select ‘To eBook‘ format from the Output Format panel and then choose EPUB as output file type.
- After that, set up format settings by enabling or disabling options including save cover and embedded fonts.
- Next, specify output EPUB files’ directory and hit the Convert Now! button to start the conversion process.
- If you want to merge all added HTML files into a single EPUB file, you can do that in this software.
- It lets you extract images from HTML and other document files like PDF.
- You can also create an archive with several files.
- In it, you can also read input documents as it provides a dedicated document viewer section. You also get page navigation and zoom features in it.
It is one of the best free document converter which lets you convert multiple HTML files to EPUB at once.
calibre is a feature-rich eBook manager which can be used as an HTML to EPUB. It is popular software amongst eBook lovers that comes with features including eBook reader, eBook metadata editor, and eBook converter. Using its eBook conversion module, you can quickly convert one or multiple HTML files to EPUB at a time. Other than HTML to EPUB, you can perform eBook conversions like EPUB to MOBI, MOBI to PDF, FB2 to EPUB, EPUB to PDF, EPUB to HTMLZ, etc.
Prior to conversion, you get the flexibility to edit a lot of parameters in order to achieve the desired EPUB output. Let’s see what are those eBook parameters and how you can convert HTML to EPUB.
How to convert HTML files to EPUB eBooks in calibre:
- Click on the Add books button to import HTML documents to it.
- Now, press the Convert books button and select whether you want to convert individual HTML file to EPUB at a time or bulk convert HTML to EPUB.
- Next, in the new conversion window, select output as EPUB and set up output configuration options including Look & Feel (text, layout, fonts, styling, transform styles), Enable Heuristic Processing, Page Setup, Structure Detection, Table of Content, Search & Replace, Text Input, and EPUB Output (version 2 or 3, insert inline table of content, etc.).
- After that, simply press the Ok button to get the conversion process started.
- You can search and download eBooks from various online sources using its Get books features.
- It provides a Fetch News feature of this software that can be used to download world news in eBook formats.
- It also lets you edit the content of an eBook.
calibre is all in one eBook software which offers a batch eBook converter that lets you convert several HTML files to EPUB at once.
Soft4Boost Document Converter
Soft4Boost Document Converter is another free HTML to EPUB converter for Windows. It is a batch document file converter using which you can convert one or multiple HTML files to EPUB format. Apart from HTML and EPUB, several other file formats are supported by this converter. PDF, ODT, ODP, RTF, XPS, MHT, TXT, MOBI, AZW, EPUB, and FB2 are some of the input and output formats supported in it. Besides document conversion, it contains some more features which you can find out below.
Now, let us first check out how you can convert an HTML document file to EPUB eBook.
How to convert HTML to EPUB in Soft4Boost Document Converter:
- Firstly, add one or many HTML document files to it.
- From the Output Format section, click the “To EPUB” option and then set up a renaming pattern for output files.
- At last, enter the target folder location and click the Convert Now! button to quickly start batch HTML to EPUB conversion.
- It lets you extract images from HTML and some other document files.
- In case of PDF output, you can add a watermark and encrypt the resulting PDF.
It is a nice free document converter that allows conversion of various document files including HTML to EPUB.
Hamster eBook Converter
Hamster eBook Converter, as the name implies, is a dedicated eBook converter for Windows. It can be used as an HTML to EPUB converter as both the formats are supported by it. The good part of this software is that it supports a wide variety of eBook formats including MOBI, HTMLZ, LIT, TXT, FB2, OEB, LRF, PDB, RB, PDF, and TXTZ. Plus, you can also convert an eBook to eBook device compatible formats such as Amazon, Sony, Foxit, Apple, eGriver, Oaxis, Ditto Book, Bq, etc.
One more added advantage of this converter is that it supports batch eBook conversion. Hence, you can convert HTML to EPUB in a bulk with this software.
How to convert HTML to EPUB in Hamster eBook Converter:
- You can import as many HTML files to it that you want to convert to EPUB.
- After that, click the Next button and from the output formats, scroll down to EPUB format and click on it.
- Finally, click the Convert button and select output location to start the conversion.
It is a straightforward eBook converter that can also bulk convert HTML to EPUB.
LibreOffice Writer is a popular document processor that can also be used as HTML to EPUB converter. It is available for all major platforms including Windows, Mac, and Linux. Also, it is a standalone application that is included in the all in one office suite called LibreOffice. Additionally, there are spreadsheet, presentation, drawing, and math software in the suite.
How to convert HTML to EPUB in LibreOffice Writer:
- At first, open an HTML document in this document processor.
- Now, if you need to make modifications to input HTML document, you can do that using provided document processing tools.
- After that, go to the File menu > Export as >Export as EPUB option and set up output EPUB settings. The EPUB Export options that you can set up include version (3 or 2), split methods, layout methods, metadata, and cover image. When you are done with setting up output parameters, you can start the conversion process.
It is a great word processing software with an added capability to convert an HTML document to EPUB format.
MultiDoc Converter, as the name suggests, is a free batch document converter for Windows. It can also be used to convert HTML to EPUB as it supports both the formats as input and output. You can simply import a directory containing HTML files and then quickly convert them all to EPUB format. Besides these two formats, it also supports DOC, DOCX, PDF, RTF, TXT, XML, MHT, and ODT formats.
How to convert multiple HTML files to EPUB in MultiDoc Converter:
- Firstly, enter the source HTML file folder in the respective field. You can also choose to include subfolders to convert all HTML files from the source directory.
- Now, you can choose HTML format from Include section to only convert files having HTML extension. And, you can also select formats to exclude from conversion from the respective section.
- Next, select output as EPUB format, set target location, and press the Convert button to start the process.
It displays input and output files with their conversion status in a dedicated window.
If you want a simple and hassle-free HTML to EPUB converter which supports batch conversion, then go for this one.
Pandoc is a command line based HTML to EPUB converter for Windows, Mac, Linux, Chrome OS, and BSD. In it, you can convert an HTML document file to EPUB format by using a simple command. You can also convert some more document formats using it such as Word, PDF, XML, TXT, etc.
How to convert HTML to EPUB using command:
- Install this software and open it in the command prompt.
- Next, enter a command similar to this:
pandoc "sample.html" -o lof.epub. Here, replace “sample.html” with the path and name of your input HTML file and replace lof.pdf with the name that you want to give to output EPUB.
- After writing the command, press Enter and it will quickly convert HTML to EPUB.
For the users who like using command line tools, it is a good software to convert document files including HTML to EPUB.
SoftMaker FreeOffice is a free office software that can be used to convert HTML to EPUB. It comes with a TextMaker application which is used to create documents. Using it, you can also import an HTML document and then export it to EPUB format. Also, you can make changes to the input document before saving it in another format. Apart from EPUB, it supports some more output formats to convert a document including PDF, DOC, DOCX, RTF, ODT, TXT, etc.
How to convert HTML to EPUB in SoftMaker FreeOffice:
- Launch TextMaker and import an HTML document in it.
- If needed, modify the imported HTML document with the help of tools like insert picture, insert text, insert hyperlink, insert table, format text and layout, etc.
- Now, from its File menu, click on the EPUB export button and then set up various output configurations. These configurations include metadata options, create cover page, create table of content, picture options, split EPUB text, font options, CSS options, etc. As you configure these options, hit the Ok button to proceed with the conversion.
It is a decent office software which you can use for multiple document processing tasks including conversion of HTML to EPUB document.
We are the team behind some of the most popular tech blogs, like: I LoveFree Software and Windows 8 Freeware.More About Us
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014