5 Best Free Open Source Audio Mixer Software for Windows
Here is a list of Best Free Open Source Audio Mixer Software for Windows. You can use these audio mixing software to mix multiple sound samples and audio files in real time and play them live. All these software are absolutely free to use and you can even find their source codes online. The source codes of these audio mixers can be accessed and manipulated without any restrictions.
Some of these are dedicated audio mixing software in which you can create audio mixes live and play them as well. While a few listed software are dedicated audio editors in which you get a multi-track timeline that helps you mix different audio files. You can play the created sound mixes while controlling different parameters like volume, gain, pan, mute, solo, crossfader, etc. Many software provide various effects to add to the audio files. In most of these audio mixers, you can record or export live audio mix to an audio file.
All in all, these are feature rich software using which you can create live audio mixes. In terms of working, these are not that hard to use and you can also find online tutorials to get started with them.
My Favorite Open Source Audio Mixer Software for Windows:
Mixxx is one of my favorite audio mixing software as it provides a variety of features to mix multiple sounds. It is a beautifully designed DJ software that provides several decks to load and mix different audio files. You can even record live playing audio mix using it.
If you use Audacity, it is another handy alternative for you for live audio mixing.
Mixxx is a free open source audio mixer software for Windows, Mac, and Linux. It is basically a DJ software that lets you import, mix, and play multiple tracks together. While playing audio tracks, you get the flexibility to change a lot of parameters including tempo, key, effects, volume control, replay gain, speed control, etc. It provides a variety of features that you can look forward to; let’s check them out.
- You can import songs in multiple audio formats in it, such as MP3, OGG, FLAC, WAV, etc.
- It supports sound from microphone and auxiliary inputs to mix audio from different sources.
- It provides 4 decks to load and mix 4 sounds from your local music library. You can play or pause a sound as well as adjust a lot of parameters while playing tracks.
- During sound playback, you can add effects like short loops and reverse-playback and even add 3 effects chain while mixing audio. Some inbuilt effects provided in it include autospan, balance, echo, loudness, phaser, etc.
- A Timecode Vinyl Control feature is also offered by this software.
- It has an inbuilt BPM and key detection features to help you identify harmony of a song.
- More handy features are available in it to remix and play songs like beat loop, master sync, hotcues, equalizer and crossfader control, sampler decks, quantization, etc.
- Record Mix: You can record and save the live audio mixes in multiple formats including WAV, FLAC, MP3 (with LAME encoder), etc.
- Live Broadcasting: It lets you enable live broadcasting to share your audio mixes with a friend or a group of people through Shoutcast or Icecast server.
- Preferences: Along with several features, it offers you the flexibility to edit a lot of parameters to customize functionality of this software such as deck customization, software skin, normalization, controllers, etc.
It is one of the best free open source audio mixing software that helps you mix multiple soundtracks and play them live.
Mixere is another free open source audio mixer software for Windows. It allows you to create audio mix of multiple music files while adjusting a lot of parameters. You can create as many audio mixes at a time as you want as it has a multi-tab interface.
- It lets you load audio files in various music formats including WAV, MP3, AIFF, OGG, FLAC, and MOD files.
- While mixing audio, you can manage individual tracks using basic playback controls which are play, pause, stop, and loop.
- You can control volume, pan effect, pitch, and track position during live audio mix playback.
- Mute/ solo fade controller, cross fader, tempo adjustment bar, and master volume control features are provided in this open source audio mixer.
- It lets you save an audio mix with current settings in its native file format. You can later import the saved audio mix and play it live from this software itself.
It is a nice and easy to use open source software to mix audio files live and play them while controlling various playback functionalities.
Audacity is a featured open source audio editor that can also be used as an audio mixer. It provides a multitrack timeline editor in which you can import multiple audio files at once and mix them. You can play the created audio mix live using its inbuilt music player. Furthermore, you can also save the audio mix in any of its supported output formats.
In terms of an audio mixing software, here are some of its key features:
- To import audio, you can load local files or even record audio through microphone. It supports MP3, FLAC, OGG, MIDI, WAV, and more audio files.
- You can manually adjust the position of multiple soundtracks in an audio mix using its Timeline Editor.
- It lets you adjust volume, playback level, gain, pan, and more parameters while playing the audio mix.
- Multiple effects can be added to a selected part or whole audio file such as amplify, bass and Treble, change speed, change tempo, fade in, fade out, phaser, reverb, etc.
- The created audio mix can be exported to audio files like MP3, WAV, OGG, FLAC, M4A, and more formats.
- It provides various audio analysis options including plot spectrum, sound finder, silence finder, etc.
- You can generate different kinds of noises using it.
It is one of most feature rich audio editing software using which you can mix various audio tracks and play them live.
Traverso is the next free open source audio mixer for Windows and Mac. It is primarily an audio editor that lets you mix audio and play them. To do so, it contains a multi-track timeline editor using which you can import, mix, and play multiple audio files.
- You can mix audio files of various formats in it including MP3, OGG, WAV, FLAC, WV, and W64.
- As input, you can also record sound through microphone or capture audio from a connected MIDI device.
- It lets you adjust gain, pan, volume, mute, solo, and more options while playing live audio mix.
- It lets you save created audio mix in any of the supported output audio formats.
Apart from basic audio editing tools (cut, split, merge, etc.), you also get CD Writing and Restore Project features.
It is a nice multi-track audio editing software that you can also use you create live audio mixes.
Audio Mixing Board
Audio Mixing Board, as its name implies, is yet another open source audio mixer for Windows. It is a very basic software to live mix audio. It provides four different sections to load multiple different audio files in each. You can later mix and play them live.
- It supports only MP3, WAV, and OGG audio formats to import music files to it.
- In each source section, you can load multiple audio tracks and easily toggle between them.
- While sound mixing, you can adjust volume and balance parameters.
- You can enable Solo option to play songs from one single source only.
It is a decent open source audio mixer that lets you mix and play multiple audios in real time.
We are the team behind some of the most popular tech blogs, like: I LoveFree Software and Windows 8 Freeware.More About Us
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014