5 Best Free Open Source Bookkeeping Software For Windows
Here is a list of best free Open Source Bookkeeping Software for Windows. These open source bookkeeping software are absolutely free and their source codes are also freely available for you to download, study, and manipulate.
Using these software, you can create and manage your financial records like transactions, transaction amount, payable amount, balance, etc. Most of these software are targeted toward small businesses. By using these software, small businesses can manage their financial data without using an expensive bookkeeping service. A few of these software can also be used for personal accounting and bookkeeping. To manage different aspects of bookkeeping, these software offer multiple sections like incoming transactions, manage records, move money, incoming transactions, and more. In these sections, you can manually enter new transactions or import transaction files in the form of XML, CSV, and other formats. Plus, options to export transaction data and reports are also provided by most of these bookkeeping software.
Most of these software are basically accounting software which let you create, edit, and manage transaction data. As these are accounting software, thus you can also manage your money, create budgets, and manage various information related to your accounts. In some software, you can also generate graphs showing income, expense, income vs expense, etc. You can also export or save graphs if you want. In general, all of these are very capable bookkeeping software. Go through the list to know more about these software.
My Favorite Open Source Bookkeeping Software For Windows:
GnuAccounting is my favorite software because it comes with a dedicated bookkeeping section that offers all essential features. Plus, it can also be used for the management of other financial aspects.
GnuAccounting is a free open source bookkeeping software for Windows and Linux. It is a Java-based software and needs Java to be installed on your system to work. It is mainly an accounting software that offers a dedicated Bookkeeping section. In this software, you can create and manage a lot of accounts and transaction entries. Plus, it also makes it easy to retrieve and view accounting information whenever you want. To enter entries, you can either import entries in the form of CSV or XML file format or manually add entries using Add Entry feature. After viewing and editing transactions and accounts entries, you can export it in XML, CSV, TXT, etc., formats.
- Bookkeeping: It is the main section of this software in which you can easily add, edit, and manage a large collection of transactions and accounts entries that you can easily retrieve.
- Documents: It helps you manage account documents (PDF) and images (PNG and JPEG). It also offers an inbuilt viewer in which you can view added documents.
- Incoming transactions: It is a dedicated feature to keep a record of all the incoming transactions. At the time of adding a new transaction, you can specify the sender name, date of transaction, amount of transaction, VAT, purpose, account number, and other important information.
- To DO: In it, you can view all the prerequisites that you need to use such as customer details, product details, invoice templates, etc.
It is an easy to use open source bookkeeping software through which you can create and manage financial records, transactions, and other associated information.
Home Bookkeeping is another free open source bookkeeping software for Windows and Linux. It is a personal bookkeeping software through which you can keep a record of all your transactions and account activities with ease. In it, you can also create separate records of transactions and other activities of different bank accounts. It also makes it easy to retrieve all the accounting records of a specific period. Let’s take a look at the main features of this software.
- Add, Edit, and Delete Records: These are the main record management tools through which you can manage income and expense records. While creating a new record, you can specify the specific bank account, transaction amount, date of transaction, and comments related to the transaction.
- Move Money: Using it, you can keep track of all transactions that you have made between your bank accounts.
- Accounts: Through this feature, you can add and remove your back accounts.
- In this software, you can also visualize all your expenses and other transactions in the form of Pie, Line, and Bar Graphs.
- A handy Time Range feature is also provided by this software that lets you quickly retrieve all the financial records of a specific time.
- In this software, you can also take a backup of all the records stored in this software that you can later use when needed.
It is one of the best free open source bookkeeping software for personal use that offers all essential features without increasing the complexity of this software.
GnuCash is yet another free open source bookkeeping software for Windows, Linux, BSD, macOS, and Solaris. This software is specially designed for personal and small businesses to help them keep and manage their financial records. In this software, you can also import and manage existing financial data in the form of QIF, OFX, and CSV formats. Besides this, it also lets you directly import bills and invoices. For small businesses, it offers a dedicated Business section that offers all features to manage business financial records. Now, check out some of the main features of this bookkeeping software.
- Edit Account: You can use it to create different types of accounts such as Asset, Cash, Credit, Liability, Income, etc.
- Actions: In it, you can create records of various transactions like money transfer from one bank to another, blank transaction, split transactions, stock split, etc.
- Transactions: It offers various tools through which you can duplicate transactions, delete transaction records, copy transaction records, add reversing transactions, etc.
- Reports: Using it, you can generate charts and reports of assets and liabilities, cash flow, expanse, equity statement, budget balance sheet, etc.
- Business: It is a tab that offers tools to add business-related data to this software like employees, vendors, customers, sales tax tables, and billing terms.
- Export: It lets you export records in the PDF and CSV file formats.
It is another feature-rich open source bookkeeping software using which you can easily manage your personal and business financial records.
FreeDebks is the next free open source bookkeeping software for Windows. This software is based on double-entry bookkeeping system. Using this software, you can manage the financial records of small businesses. In it, you can load existing financial records or create records from scratch. To load records, you can use its Open option that supports records stored in XML file format. Later, you can also export or save financial records in XML format.
- Edit: Through this feature, you can manually edit or create a new line of record and specify their labels and values.
- Accounting: Use it to specify properties of your accounts like accounting label, currency type, dates corporation name, etc. In addition to that, you can recompute your account balance at any time to verify the records.
- View: With its help, you can view your accounts and transaction entries.
It is one of the simplest open-source bookkeeping software that you can use to create and manage financial records.
Akaunting is one more free open source bookkeeping software for Windows. As its name implies, it is mainly an accounting software that also lets you manage financial records. Unlike other similar software, it is web-based software that needs a web browser and hosting software (XAMPP) to work. Let’s take a look at the main features of this software.
- Transfer: Using it, you can add and edit records related to transactions that occurred between your two bank accounts. To edit the transaction records, you just need to specify account numbers of both banks, transaction amount, date of transaction, and payment method.
- Transactions: In this section, you can view your transactions, transaction date, amount of transaction, etc. A search bar along with a filter to view only expense or income transactions are also provided by it.
- Reports: In this section, you can view your income report, expense report, income vs expense report, tax summary, and profit & loss reports.
- Apps: In the Apps section of this software, you can view existing apps and add new API apps to introduce new features of this software.
It is another easy to use open source bookkeeping software through which you can also manage your accounts.
We are the team behind some of the most popular tech blogs, like: I LoveFree Software and Windows 8 Freeware.More About Us
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014