9 Best Free Open Source Log Viewer Software For Windows
Here is a list of best free open source log viewer software for Windows. These open source software are completely free and you can also download and study their source codes. Plus, you can also make changes to the source codes of these log viewers, if you want.
Through these software, you can view log records present in log files. In some of these software, you can even view active log files that are continuously updated by programs or applications. To improve the overall log file viewing experience, these viewers provide various tools like search, filter, highlight, bookmark, etc. The Search and Filter tools are two important features of these software that lets you filter out or find a specific record from a log file. Plus, options to make both the case sensitive and case insensitive searches are also provided by these log viewers.
In some of these log viewers, you can also find a multi-tab or multi-window interface that enables you to view and analyze multiple log files at a time. After viewing and analyzing log files, you can save them in the same log file format or in TXT, FTL, etc., formats. Apart from primary tools, these viewers also offer additional tools like Encoding (to change default encoding format), Save Session, Export Bookmark, etc. In general, all of these open source log viewers are feature rich and quite simple to use. Go through the list to know more about these software.
My Favorite Open Source Log Viewer Software For Windows:
Advanced Log Viewer is my favorite software because it can handle large and active log files. Plus, all other essential log viewing tools like search, filters, find text, etc., are also present in it.
Advanced Log Viewer
Advanced Log Viewer is a free open source log viewer software for Windows. In it, you can easily view both the small and large log files without much hassle. Plus, it also lets you view active log files. Besides this, other useful features like filter, search, highlight, etc., to quickly find desired data from a log file is also provided by it.
- Auto Refresh: This feature automatically refreshes the log file to fetch and show you new entries of an active log file.
- Filter: This software provides an advanced filter that allows you to filter out a specific entry that falls between any two dates.
- Find Text: Through this feature, you can make both the case sensitive and case insensitive text searches.
- Save: After viewing and analyzing the text file data, you can use this feature to save the log data in the same or in a new log file.
- Merge: As its name implies, it is used to merge two similar log files to make a new log file.
- Switch Instances: Use this feature to quickly switch between multiple instances of this software.
It is one of the best free open source log viewer software in which you can view and analyze active log files.
Log Wizard is another free open source log viewer software for Windows. This software is specially designed to find reports and errors present in a log file. In this feature-rich log viewer software, you can find various handy tools that allow you to find all relevant data from a log file as quickly as possible. Now, check out the main features of this software.
- Real-Time Monitoring: In this log viewer, you can also view active logs of various applications that regularly update their logs.
- Filter: In this software, you can quickly filter out words and phrases present in a log file multiple times. Plus, you can also assign a color scheme over the filtered results so that you can quickly identify them while browsing a log file.
- Easy to Switch: This software saves the path of all the logs accessed by you, thus by going to the history section of this software, you can quickly switch to any previous log.
- Hotkeys: In this software, you can set a hotkey for all the features of this software to quickly access and use any feature that you want without using the mouse.
- Database Support: This software can also be used to read databases like MSSQL, Oracle, SQLite, Bonus, etc.
- Auto Saving: This feature automatically saves all the changes at regular intervals.
This open source log viewer software offers many advanced features that allow you to work with both active and standard log files.
glogg is yet another free open source log viewer software for Windows, macOS, Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora, and Arch Linux. In it, you can view small as well as large log files. It also lets you open multiple log files at a time on its multi-tab interface. Plus, other important features namely filters and search are also present in it.
- Filters: Using it, you can find all the matching patterns present in a log file.
- Search: This feature lets you make both the case sensitive and case insensitive search to find a specific record.
- Line Numbers: By enabling this feature, you can add line numbers before the lines of each log record.
- Encoding: Using it, you can change the default encoding format of a log file to either ASCII/ ISO-8859-1 or UTF-8.
It is a good open source log viewer software in which you can view log records and quickly find desired log records and patterns.
LogViewer is the next free open source log viewer software for Windows. It is also a lightweight and portable log viewer software that you can directly use from a portable storage device as it does not need installation to work. In it, you can view logs present in LOG and TXT files. On its multi-tab interface, you can open and view multiple logs files at a time. To find and locate a specific log record, it provides multiple search features.
- Filter: Through this feature, you can quickly highlight or hide all the records similar to a selected record.
- Case Sensitive Search: Use it to precisely find a specific record of an input log file.
- Multi-String Search: This search feature allows you to find all the similar patterns of records present in a log file.
- Export: This function lets you export a selected set of records or all the records in TXT or LOG file format.
It is a simple and straightforward log viewer software in which you can easily view and search log records.
Tailviewer is a free open source log viewer software for Windows. It is another active log viewer software in which you can view active logs which are constantly updated by their applications. Plus, other essential logs viewing features are also present in it. Apart from the main viewing features, it also provides a cleanly designed interface that offers a decent log data viewing environment.
- View: Using it, you can make various adjustments to enhance your log data viewing experience like enabling or disabling line numbers, time delta, elapsed time, color by levels, empty lines, etc.
- Filters: Use it to filter out desired results from a log file.
- Merge: As its name suggests, it is used to merge multiple log files into one.
- Plugins: In this software, you can also add multiple plugins to introduce more features to this software.
It is another standard open source log viewer in which you can easily load and view log files.
LogJoint Log Viewer
LogJoint Log Viewer is another free open source log viewer software for Windows and macOS. In this software, you can load and view multiple log file sources. The good thing about this software is its Threads functionality that divides a log file in multiple threads containing a similar set of records. Overall, it is another easy to use log viewer in which you can view and analyze large log files.
- Log Sources: Using it, you can load multiple log sources or files and select any one of the log files to view its records.
- Threads: It divides large log files into multiple threads and lets you jump between threads. Besides this it lets you find all messages from a specific thread.
- Highlighting Rule: It lets you assign the highlighting color to matched log records.
- Search: It is an advanced search section through which you can make case-sensitive search, quick search, thread search, and whole word search.
- Bookmarks: Use it to bookmark records of a log file that you can quickly access from the Bookmark section.
It is another decent open source log viewer software in which you can easily view and search large log records.
LogExpert is yet another free open source log viewer software for Windows. It is another standard log viewer software in which you can view log files and search for the desired log record. Plus, other common features like search, filters, bookmarks, etc., are also present in it. Apart from viewing log files, you can also directly edit log entries from the main interface of this software.
- View/Navigate: It is a tab that offers multiple viewing and navigation features through which you can jump to a specific line of the log record, search for a specific record, filter record, bookmark important log events, etc.
- Columnizer: Using it, you can divide log events into multiple columns based on parameters like date, time, regular expression, etc.
- Column Finder: Through this feature, you can quickly locate any column that you want.
- Multi-tab Interface: Using the multi-tab interface of this software, you can open multiple log files in side by side tabs.
- Encoding: With the use of this feature, you can change the default encoding of a log file to ASCII, Windows-1252, ISO-8859-1, UTF8, and Unicode formats.
- Save Session: It lets you save various activities performed by you during one log file viewing session.
- Export Bookmarks: Use it, to export bookmarks in CSV and BMK file formats.
In this open source log viewer software, you can find all the essential log viewing features along with some handy additional features.
SnakeTail is one more open source log viewer software for Windows. It is a dedicated log viewer software in which you can view both small and large log files. Apart from the log file, it also supports log data present in a text file. Plus, it also lets you open and view multiple log files in side by side windows. To improve the log viewing experience, it offers standard viewing tools that you can easily use. Now, let us check out the key features of this software.
- View Options: By going to the view options, you can manually adjust the text font size, text color, background color, bookmark text color, etc., to enhance the viewing experience according to your needs.
- Find: Using it, you can make both the case sensitive and case insensitive searches to find specific records.
- Bookmark: In this software, you can mark important log lines that you can later access from the Bookmark section.
- Previous and Next Highlight: Use these features to quickly jump to previous and next highlighted lines and words present in a log file.
- Save Session: Use it to save all the activities performed by you during one session in the XML file format.
It is a cleanly designed and straightforward open source log viewer software that provides a nice log viewing environment.
fishjam LogViewer is another free open source log viewer software for Windows. It is an easy to use log viewer software in which you can view log data present in LOG, TXT, and Fast Trace Log (FTL) files. After loading a log file, you can view all its data on the main interface. Plus, essential log viewing tools like search and filter are also present in it.
- Log Level: It lets you view and hide various details of a log file like info, trace, warnings, errors, etc.
- Filter: It can show or hide all the records containing a specific string or word.
- Seq Number: It is another handy feature that lets you view records between any two sequential record numbers.
- Save as: After viewing a log file, you can use this feature to save it in LogViewer File (FTL) format.
- CodePage: It is a simple feature through which you can quickly change the default encoding format of a log file to UTF8, GB2312, KOR(932), etc., formats.
This open source log viewer software offers a decent log viewing environment in which you can view and analyze log file data.
We are the team behind some of the most popular tech blogs, like: I LoveFree Software and Windows 8 Freeware.More About Us
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014