5 Best Free Open Source Word Cloud Generator Tools
Here is a list of Best Free Open Source Word Cloud Generator Tools. Using these tools, you can easily create word cloud from a particular text. All these are open source tools that have made their source code freely available to the public. Users can download, study, and modify source code of these word cloud generator without any restriction.
This list contains software, online websites, and a Google Chrome extension. You can use any of the tools that suits your need. To enter text, these support two common methods including manually copying pasting the text and importing a text file. Based on input, it generates a word cloud that you can save in formats like PNG, SVG, HTML, etc. You can even customize different settings to set up a word cloud as per your preferences, like spiral, orientation, number of words, font size, font type, width, height, etc.
One of these tools even lets you scrape text out of a webpage and create a word cloud from it. All in all, these are great word cloud generator tools that you can use without any hassle.
My Favorite Free Open Source Word Cloud Generator Tools:
HTML5 Word Cloud is a great word cloud generator website that also lets you personalize appearance of the resulting word cloud.
You can also try Word Cloud Generator (web extension) to quickly create word cloud from webpages.
HTML5 Word Cloud
HTML5 Word Cloud is a free open source word cloud generator website. It lets you create word cloud by copying and pasting text or by providing a text document. Additionally, you can import text from Wikipedia by entering a title. After the word cloud is generated, you can customize some related settings such as shape, theme, enlarge word cloud, shrink word cloud, widen the gaps, tighten the gaps, etc.
You can save the final word cloud in a PNG image file. Also, you can copy the URL of generated word cloud and share it with others over online platforms. Let us have a look at the steps of creating a word cloud.
How to generate word cloud using HTML5 Word Cloud:
- First, enter your text by copy-pasting it, importing a text file, or entering Wikipedia title.
- Now, click on the Start button, and within a few seconds, you will be able to visualize a word cloud in your browser.
- You can set up the word cloud appearance and settings using onscreen options.
- When done, you can save the word cloud image to your device or share it online.
It is a great online open source word cloud generator website using which you can create customized word clouds.
Word Cloud Generator (web extension)
Word Cloud Generator (web extension) is a free open source word cloud generator tool. It is a free web extension for Google Chrome using which you can generate word cloud from a given text. To input text, you can select it from a web page, import a locally saved text file, and manually copy-paste text. Apart from that, you can also configure word cloud options like width, height, font size, font type, rotate to, rotate from, spiral, etc. Let’s have a look at the word cloud creation process.
How to generate word cloud using this open source Chrome extension:
- Install this web extension to your Google Chrome browser and then click on this extension from the extension badge.
- Now, you can select the source to input text from Message (web page), File, and Text Area (manually enter text).
- After providing text, you can set up various word cloud preferences including font, orientation, size, etc.
- You will be able to view the word cloud in the right-side panel which you can download as SVG file.
It is a good open source web extension to quickly generate word cloud from multiple text sources.
Tag Cloud Maker
Tag Cloud Maker is a free open source word cloud generator software for Windows and Linux. It can generate word cloud from files of different formats such as .txt, .doc, .cpp, .java, .rtf, etc. Basically, it analyzes frequency of words and tags used in source code or text files and creates a word cloud of all the tags. The good thing is that it is a portable software. So, you can run it whenever needed and generate word cloud.
How to generate word cloud using Tag Cloud Maker:
- Firstly, select a source directory that contains input files to create word cloud from.
- Next, choose the directory where you want to save the resulting word cloud file (HTML).
- Now, you can specify a word filter file.
- After settings up all fields, click on the Create tag cloud button to start word cloud generation process.
It is a nice and user-firendly open source word cloud generator which lets you create word clouds from source code files and text documents.
WordCloudGenerator is another free open source word cloud generator software for Windows. It is a nice and easy to use freeware that lets you input a text file and convert text into a word cloud. You can also enter words that you don’t want to add to your word cloud using its Blacklist feature. The generated word cloud can be saved in a PNG file.
Note: The interface of this software is not in the English language. So, I have mentioned English translation of buttons and their functions below. Let’s checkout.
How to generate a word cloud using WordCloudGenerator:
- First, click on the first button Dateie auswahlen (select files) to select one or multiple text files.
- Now, set output image file by clicking the third button Bild speichem unter (save image as).
- Next, if you need to add some words that you want to exclude from the word cloud, click on the Blacklist definieren (Define blacklist) button and add blacklisted words.
- Finally, press the Generiere WordCloud (generate word cloud) button to create a word cloud.
It is a good open source word cloud generator that lets you create word cloud from multiple text files.
Note: During my testing, the Blacklist function wasn’t working.
Word Cloud Generator
Word Cloud Generator is yet another online open source word cloud generator website. You can copy and paste your text into it and then create a word cloud. It lets you save output word cloud as an SVG image. Before saving the word cloud, you can make a lot of adjustments and customizations to it. It lets you set up some configurations including spiral (Archimedean or Rectangular), scale, orientation, number of words, font, etc.
Now, you can have a look at the steps of creating a word cloud below:
How to generate word cloud using this free open source website:
- Go to its website and paste the source copied text into the respective box.
- Now, customize your preferences like scale, orientation, spiral, font, etc.
- Next, press the Go! button and it will show you word cloud in a few moments.
- After that, click on the SVG button to save the resulting word cloud to an SVG file.
It is another nice open source website that enables you to create word cloud with customized orientation, font, and scale.
We are the team behind some of the most popular tech blogs, like: I LoveFree Software and Windows 8 Freeware.More About Us
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014