5 Best Free Anonymous Browser Software For Windows
Here is a list of best free anonymous browser software for Windows. These web browsers are used to anonymously browse the internet. Basically, these browsers hide all your activities from trackers, websites, and from anyone who tries to surveillance your activities. Most of these browsers can even hide your IP address so that no one can pinpoint you over the internet. Apart from providing the anonymous browsing environment, these browsers also block ads, trackers, scripts, etc., which can collect your data or may reveal your identity.
In terms of their functionality, these software are quite similar to any standard web browser. All the basic browser features like a search bar, history viewer, bookmarks manager, extension support, etc., are present in these web browsers. In addition to that, you can also find some advanced features like Sync, Read Mode, Task Manager, and more in some software. In general, all of these are effective yet simple and straightforward anonymous browsers. You can easily use them to perform secure transactions and other important activities over the internet without revealing your identity.
My Favorite Anonymous Browser Software For Windows:
Tor is my favorite anonymous browser because it ensures complete anonymity of its users over the internet. Plus, it also blocks all types of trackers and ads.
Tor Browser is a free open source anonymous browser software for Windows, MacOS, Linux, and Android. It is one of the best free anonymous browser software that you can find for free.
In order to hide your identity while browsing the internet, this browser uses the Tor network that consists of thousands of nodes and bridges. Each node takes data and passes it to any randomly selected node to block tracking. Plus, none of the nodes stores any information about input connections; hence, nodes can not report on connections that it had handled.
- Block Trackers: This feature blocks all types of trackers which websites use to show you relevant ads. Plus, it automatically clears all the cookies as soon as you close the browser.
- Defend Against Surveillance: It also prevents you from surveillance which is aimed to know about websites you frequently visit.
- Resist Fingerprinting: All the users over the Tor browser looks exactly the same. Hence, it is very difficult for anyone to pinpoint a particular user, even by using browser and device information.
- Multi-Layered Encryption: All the traffic passed through the Tor network gets encrypted three times.
- Add-ons: In this software, you can also install add-ons and extensions to enhance the feature set of this software. You can add any Firefox extension to this software.
- Library: Using it, you can manage bookmarks, history, and downloads.
- Customize: It allows you to add various shortcuts like add-on menu, history, full-screen mode, etc., over the main interface.
This anonymous browser provides the most number of security features which hides your identity over the internet.
Brave is another free open source anonymous browser software for Windows, MacOS, Linux, and Android. The main aim of this browser is to provide you a private, fast, and secure web browsing experience. Even in its normal mode, this software blocks all types of trackers and ads which slow down the page loading time. It also immediately shows the number of blocked trackers, ads, and HTTP upgrades on its interface. However, in order to become completely anonymous, you need to use its Private window in Tor mode. This mode basically connects you with the Tor network consists of thousands of nodes and bridges which completely hides your identity on the internet. It even hides your IP address and removes all the traces which can be used to track your activity.
Besides Tor mode, it also provides the option to privately browse the internet using the DuckDuckGo service. This service lets you privately search the web as it does not save your search history.
- Private Window: This window allows you to browse anonymously using the Tor network or lets you privately search the web using the DuckDuckGo service. To anonymously browse using Tor, you need to use Alt+Shift+N hotkey. To browse privately using DuckDuckGo, you just need to enable the search with DuckDuckGo option from the private window.
- Sync: This feature allows you to sync your bookmarks, history, saved pages, and other data with another device having this browser.
- Cast: It allows you to cast the entire interface of this software to screencast supported screens and TVs.
- Distill Pages: This feature provides you an ideal reading environment as it hides all the distractions from the interface like graphics, website UI, etc.
- Task Manager: It is a unique feature of this browser that lets you view all the running background processes of this browser along with active extensions and webpage usage. In case some process, extension, or webpage is not responding, then you can quickly terminate it using it.
It is another free anonymous browser that protects you from all types of trackers and provides you an anonymous browsing environment.
Epic Privacy Browser
Epic Privacy Browser is yet another free anonymous browser software for Windows and MacOS. It is based on the Chromium browser and looks quite similar to it. However, unlike Chromium, it gives you an anonymous browsing environment, blocks ads, blocks trackers, and provides many other privacy features.
- Epic Proxy: It is the most advanced feature of this browser that hides your IP address, location, and encrypt all the data that transmits through your system.
- Epic Filter: This feature is enabled even in the normal mode that blocks crypto mining (blocks scripts which can use your system to mine cryptocurrency) and tracking scripts.
- Umbrella: It allows you to manually define whether you want to block plugins, ads, and trackers or not. Plus, it also gives you options to view all the blocked trackers and ads.
- Extensions: In this web browser, you can add extensions to add new features to this browser. All the Chromium browser supported extensions can also be installed in it.
- Task Manager: This feature lets you view and manage all the running extensions and webpages usage. You can also terminate any extension or webpage using it.
It is a feature-rich anonymous browser that provides all the essential features which help you remain anonymous over the internet.
Comodo Dragon is the next free anonymous browser software for Windows. It is another free Chromium-based anonymous browser. This browser provides a very secure and anonymous environment to its users. In order to ensure your privacy, it blocks all types of trackers which can be used to show your ads and to steal your information. Plus, an advanced Domain Validation technology is also used by it that quickly differentiates websites with superior SSL certificates from websites with lower or bad SSL certificates to help you avoid suspicious websites.
- Virtual Mode: By enabling it, you can browse the internet securely and anonymously as it offers a completely isolated environment. By default, this feature does not come with this browser, thus you need to first download it using its Switch to virtual mode option.
- IP/DNS Leakage Detector: It is another handy feature that shows you all the information that a website can view and access like your IP address, DNS address, etc.
- Enforce Secure Connections: By enabling it, you can establish a secure connection with any website.
- Incognito Mode: It is a standard privacy mode of this software that does not store any history, cache, and other browsing information.
- Task Manager: Using it, you can view all the running tabs, extensions, background processes, etc., of this browser. It also lets you manually terminate services.
- Extensions: In this browser, you can install all the Chromium supported extensions to add more features to this anonymous browser.
This anonymous browser ensures both the security and anonymity of its users. Plus, it is also quite simple and easy to operate.
SRWare Iron is another one of free Chromium based anonymous browser software for Windows, Android, MacOS, and Linux. The primary task of this browser is to protect all your information from Google as Google collects a lot of information about its users from web browsers. This browser almost blocks all the ways used by Google to collect your information. This browser can make you anonymous from Google, but it does not provide protection against trackers and ads which are used by other online services to collect user data.
As a browser, it is exactly similar to Chromium and offers standard Chromium features like Bookmark Manager, History Viewer, Extension support, etc.
- Privacy: To ensure your privacy, this software blocks various methods used by Google to collect information namely Installation ID, alternate error pages, error reporting, RLZ-Tracking, and URL tracking.
- Incognito Mode: It provides you a private browsing window that does not store cookies, history, website data, and form data.
- Sync: It allows you to sync the information of this browser with one or more SRWare Iron browsers present on different devices. In order to sync data, this browser uses the Google account.
- Cast: It is a handy feature through which you can quickly cast this browser over a wireless display or TV.
This software does not provide you a completely anonymous browsing experience like other similar software. However, if you want to hide your browsing activities from Google, then you can use this anonymous browser.
We are the team behind some of the most popular tech blogs, like: I LoveFree Software and Windows 8 Freeware.More About Us
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014