10 Best Free DBF Editor Software for Windows
Here is a list of best free DBF editor software for Windows. DBF or Database file (developed by dBASE) contains large datasets in the form of records and fields. It is also used by many software to import and export large sets of data. To view and edit DBF file data, you need these DBF editor software. Through these software, you can view the data organized over a spreadsheet-style interface and edit the data accordingly. In most of these DBF editors, you can easily select any data cell or field from its interface and edit its value. A few other data editing tools such as Format, Insert, Delete, Remove Duplicate Data, etc., are also present in some software. Plus, in some editors, you also get advanced Function or Formula feature that allows you to apply various formulas (COUNT, SUM, AVERAGE, COUNTA, OR, IF, ELSE, etc.) over the dataset present in DBF file data.
After editing the DBF file data, you can save it in the same DBF file. However, some of these editors also let you save the edited DBF file in formats like XML, HTML, CSV, ETT, XLT, XLS, etc. Some of these DBF editors also let you view and edit files of different formats XLS, CSV, ODT, RTF, ODS, etc. Apart from editing tools, you can also find various viewing tools in these editors like zoom, fullscreen, reading layout, record view, table view, etc. Some software also offers additional tools that may come in handy such as Protect Sheet, Sorting, Find and Replace, etc. Go through the list to know more about these software.
My Favorite DBF Editor Software For Windows:
LibreOffice Calc is my favorite software because it offers all essential DBF file editing tools. Plus, you can also use it to save the DBF file data in other file formats like ODF, XLS, XLSX, XML, CSV, etc.
DBF Viewer Plus is another good DBF file editor.
LibreOffice is a free open source office suite software that also acts as a DBF editor software. It works on Windows, Linux, and macOS. In this software, you can find multiple office suite modules such as LibreOffice Calc, LibreOffice Writer, LibreOffice Impress, LibreOffice Formula, LibreOffice Drawing, etc. However, from various available modules, you only need its LibreOffice Calc module to view and edit DBF file data. LibreOffice Calc is a spreadsheet module through which you can also edit data of XLS, XLSX, CSV, ODT, ODS, and other spreadsheet files.
- Direct Editing: After loading a DBF file, you can view all the DBF file data over the spreadsheet styled interface of this software. Now, to edit the data, you can directly select a cell by double-clicking on it and change its value.
- Function Wizard: This feature contains a lot of predefined functions and formulas through which you can perform various calculations on input DBF file data like COUNT, SUM, AVERAGE, COUNTA, EVEN, FALSE, etc.
- Sheet: It allows you to modify sheets (tables) using its tools like insert cells, insert rows, insert columns, delete columns, fill cells, etc.
After editing, you can save the DBF file data in other formats like ODF, XLS, XML, CSV, etc.
- Data: Using it, you can sort data (ascending and descending order), filter data, define data range, validate data, and find various statistics about the input data (correlation, covariance, regression, etc.).
- Protect Sheet: This feature allows you to password protect sheets so that only authorized people can access it.
It is one of the best free DBF editor software that offers all the essential tools to view and edit DBF file data. Plus, it also allows you to change the format of the input DBF file and convert it to other spreadsheets.
DBF Viewer Plus
DBF Viewer Plus is another free DBF editor software for Windows. According to its name, it is mainly a DBF viewer software through which you can also edit DBF files. As it is a viewer software thus, various DBF data viewing tools are offered by it such as Form View, Enlarge, Show Deleted, and more. After viewing the data, you can edit or modify the data with ease. All its editing tools and features are also quite simple to use.
- Direct Cell Editing: This feature allows you to manually select and change the existing cell values.
- Add Index: With its use, you can add a new index in the existing database by defining the field name, index name, and options (ascending or descending).
- New: Using it, you can add a new table in the existing DBF file of one of four available types namely xBase III, xBase IV, xBase VII, and xFoxPro.
- Add Field: According to its name, you can use it to create and add new fields to the table.
- Record: It is a really good feature through which you can count the number of records and find out records size.
- Export: After editing, you can use it to export the data in TXT, PDF, RTF, WKS, XML, HTML, DBF, or CSV format.
It is another easy to use DBF editor software that allows you to quickly edit DBF file data and export its data in various formats.
DBF Commander is yet another free DBF Editor software for Windows. It is a dedicated DBF file viewer and editor software. Besides DBF, you can also use this software to view and edit FPT and DBT files. As soon as you load a DBF file in it, you can view all the DBF file data in the form of a spreadsheet on its interface. You can view and edit DBF file data using its various tools. Let’s take a look at some of the important editing features of this software.
- Direct Cell Editing: This software supports direct cell editing that means, you can select a data cell and change its value.
- Clone Record: It is a handy tool that allows you to clone a selected set of data or all the data of a DBF file.
- Append/Insert Record: This feature allows you to insert new record data or append data after the existing set of data.
- Find and Replace: It is a simple tool through which you can quickly find a certain set of data and replace it with another set of data.
- Sorting: Use it to sort data according to its data-id, order, code, price, cost, etc., field parameters.
It is simple and easy to use DBF viewer and editor software that anyone can use without much hassle.
WPS Office is the next free DBF editor software for Windows, macOS, Android, Linux, and iOS. As its name suggests, it is primarily an office suite software that offers three office modules namely Document, Spreadsheet, and Presentation. To view and edit DBF file data, you can use its Spreadsheet module. In the spreadsheet module, you can directly import, view, and edit various types of data of an input database (DBF) file. In it, you can also view and edit multiple DBF files at a time because of its multi-tab interface. Let’s take a look at some of the main DBF editing features of this software.
- Formulas: This software comes with various predefined formulas and functions through which you can count numbers, find sum of values, find average, perform logical operations (And, OR, IF, ELSE, NOT), and use financial functions on values (COUPDAYBS, MIRR, ACCRINT, etc.).
- Format: Using it, you can convert text to number, text to hyperlink, change cell syle, and lock cells.
- Rows and Columns: According to input DBF data, it allows you to adjust row height and column width. Besides this, you can also insert cells, delete cells, and fill cells through this feature.
- Insert: It is a tab that offers various insert data tools through which you can insert charts, shapes, pictures, tables, symbols, etc., to a DBF file.
- Data: It is another handy tab of this software that gives you the tools to remove duplicate entries, highlight duplicate data, and import new data.
After viewing and editing the DBF file data, you can save it in various formats like XML, HTML, CSV, ETT, XLT, XLS, etc.
- Page Layout: It offers multiple tools to change the page layout like alignment, margins, orientation, size, font, etc.
- Protect Sheet: It allows you to lock sheets to protect them from further editing.
- View: It is a tab that provides multiple DBF file data viewing tools such as zoom, fullscreen, reading layout, split view, and more.
The free version of this software shows ads on the interface.
It is a feature-rich DBF viewer software in which you can view and edit DBF file data with ease.
DBFViewer, as the name suggests, is a free DBF viewer software that can also be used as a DBF editor software. It works on Windows. In this software, you get an internal file explorer through which you can browse and load a DBF file. As soon as you load a DBF file in it, you can view all its data in a spreadsheet-style interface with columns containing the Data Fields and Rows carrying values. A few edit features along with some additional tools are also present in it. After viewing and editing the DBF file data, you can export it in Excel and HTML file formats.
- Edit: After enabling this feature, you can select any cell and edit the data contained by it.
- Insert: Using it, you can insert an empty row between the existing rows and insert new data into it.
- Delete: By using it, you can remove one or more selected rows with all their data with ease.
- Read Only: This mode disables the editing mode and only lets you view the DBF file data.
- View Structure: This feature only shows the structure (data fields, type, length, etc.) of a DBF file without showing its data values.
It is another decent DBF editor and viewer software through which you can easily make desired changes to existing DBF file data.
DBF Desktop is one more free DBF editor software for Windows. It is also a portable software that you can use without installing it to your system. The interface of this software is cleanly designed on which you can view DBF file data as soon as you load it to this software. The good thing about this software is its ability to support four different types of databases namely Clipper, DBase III, DBase IV, and FoxPro. In it, you don’t get many database editing tools still, all essential editing tools are present in it.
- Edit Field: It is the main editing feature of this software that allows you to select and edit any value of the database.
- Add Field: Using it, you can edit a new field in the existing database and enter new values to it.
- Delete Field: As its name implies, it allows you to delete a field or the entire row from the existing DBF file.
- List Structure: Through this feature, you can save the entire structure of a DBF file in a TXT file.
- Index: Using it, add a new index or edit the existing index of a DBF file.
It is another decent DBF editor software through which you can easily view and edit data of a DBF file.
SDBF is yet another free and portable DBF editor software for Windows. You can also use it as a DBF viewer software. In it, you get various DBF data viewing and editing tools. At a time, you can load and view one DBF file in it. You can view all the DBF file data on its spreadsheet-style interface. Unlike other similar software, it uses different color profiles to indicate numerical and character values. Now, let’s take a look at some of the important editing features of this software.
- Direct Editing: In this software, you can directly select any database value from its interface and replace it with a new one.
- Replace: This tool allows you to replace both the character and numerical values of the table.
- Records: Using it, you can delete all the records or only the duplicate record from the database. It also offers a tool to restore deleted records.
- View: Using it, you can view DBF file data in standard windows mode or in DOS mode.
- Converter: You can use it to change the table of Win format to DOS format and vice-versa.
- Change Structure: With its use, you can edit the existing structure of a DBF file by adding or removing field name, field type, size, precision, etc., values.
It is another easy to use DBF editor software that allows you to make desired changes to existing data of a DBF file.
QDBF is another free DBF editor software for Windows. It is also a lightweight and portable software that you can use on the go. Apart from DBF, it does not support any other file format. In this software, you can view and edit multiple DBF files at a time as it supports both the multi-tab and multi-window interface. However, it offers basic viewing and editing tools. Still, its simple interface and straightforward tools make it a good DBF editor software. After editing, you can export the DBF file data in Excel, HTML, DOC, TXT, RTF, etc., file formats.
- Direct Editing: This software supports direct editing, which means you can select any field or data present in a DBF file and change it with a new value.
- Edit: This tab offers all three essential editing tools namely cut, copy, and paste through which you can quickly make desired changes to the DBF file data.
- Filter: This software offers an advanced filter in which you can define some conditions (ID equals to 10, NAME equals to Rocky, etc.) according to which this feature filter out results for you.
- Property: Using it, you can view the table properties like Numeric (character, numeric, etc.), Field Names, Length, etc.
It is a good DBF editor software using which you can view and edit DBF file data with ease.
GTK DBF Editor
GTK DBF Editor is a free open source DBF editor software for Windows, Linux, BSD, and macOS. It is one of the simplest and basic DBF editor software as it does not possess many editing features. In it, you can directly select a record and change its value without much hassle. However, it does not allow you to change the Index and Structure of the table like some other similar software. After editing, you can save all the changes in the existing DBF file by using the Save option.
- Direct Editing: It is the main editing feature of this software. Using it, you can select any DBF file value and quickly change it with ease.
- Add Record: Using it, you can add an empty record field in the existing DBF file data in which you can also new enter values.
- View: It offers two viewing modes namely Record view and Table view. By default, this software shows the DBF file in record view mode which means you can only view one record and its values at a time. In the Table view, you view all the records contained by a DBF.
It is a simple and basic DBF editor software that offers only a few DBF file editing and viewing features.
xBaseView DBF Viewer & DBF Converter
xBaseView DBF Viewer & DBF Converter is a free DBF viewer and converter software for Windows. However, it also offers DBF file editing tools through which you can make changes to DBF file data. Apart from DBF, you can also use it to view and edit files of CDS, CSV, XML, MDB, UDL, etc., formats. You can also connect this software with an SQL database and access its data. After editing the DBF file data, you can convert or save it in formats like CSV, TAB, XML, etc.
- Direct Cell Editing: After importing a DBF file, you can directly select any of its numerical or character value from its interface and replace it with a new value.
- Structure: Through this feature, you can edit the structure of a DBF file by adding or deleting field name, field size, field type, etc.
- Index: Using it, you can add new and delete indexes of a database like FIRSTNAME, CONTACT, SALARY, etc.
- Convert: This feature allows you to convert characters of a DBF file from ANSI (Windows) to OEM (MS-DOS) format.
- Rename: Using it, you can change the name of an existing database.
- Connection: It is used to connect this software with MySQL, Firebird, and SQLite.
It is another decent DBF editor that offers some handy DBF data, structure, and index editing features.
We are the team behind some of the most popular tech blogs, like: I LoveFree Software and Windows 8 Freeware.More About Us
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014