6 Best Free DST File Viewer Software for Windows
Here is a list of Best Free DST File Viewer Software for Windows. DST stands for Data Stitch Tajima which is a proprietary embroidery file format. It stores embroidery designs, patterns, stitches, and other information. To view embroidery in a DST file, you need a software that supports this embroidery format. In that case, here are some free software that help you visualize DST and various other embroidery files. Apart from DST, it supports embroidery formats including ART, ARX, PES, PEC, EMD, HUS, SHV, SEW, GNC, VIP, XXX, EXP, etc.
You can find all necessary visualization tools that enable you to view DST file. Some of the common viewing tools in these software include zoom, rotate, pan, measure (length or angle), 3D view, and artistic view. Furthermore, these also let you customize multiple DST file view options e.g., view stitches, view needle points, show grid, show rulers & guides, show hoops, edit thread colors, check design properties, etc. Most of these software also provide an advanced Slow Redraw tool to play play stitching sequence and process while customizing animation speed.
In most of these, you can also convert DST files to other supported embroidery formats. Plus, you can read and write designs from embroidery machines in these viewers. Overall, these are powerful DST file viewers using which you can perform a lot more other embroidery related tasks.
My Favorite Free DST File Viewer Software for Windows:
BERNINA ARTLink is one of the most feature rich software to view DST and multiple other embroidery files.
my editor is also nice as it provides a nice and clean GUI.
BERNINA ARTLink is a powerful DST file viewer for Windows. It offers a variety of tools to visualize embroidery designs saved in a DST file. Besides DST, it also supports other embroidery file formats that include ART, ARX, PEC, EMD, GNC, SHV, VIP, SEW, XXX, PES, etc. Let us checkout the main highlights of this DST file viewer.
- It offers Artistic View mode to visualize embroidery in DST file.
- You can find all standard visualization tools to view DST embroidery file, such as like zoom, rotate, pan, center current stitch, previous view, show grid, show rulers & guides, show needle points, show hoops, etc.
- It offers a handy measure feature to measure length and angle in a DST file.
- You can also checkout main properties of the input DST embroidery design such as design name, stitches, colors,number of threads, thread colors, fabric type, fabric name, required stabilizer, embroidery author, title, comment, etc.
- You can also play entire DST embroidery designing and stitching process using its Slow Redraw feature. While doing do, you can customize various options as per your requirements including stitch range, animation speed, reverse the animation, auto scroll, etc.
- It also offers two handy features namely Read from Card/Machine and Write to Card/Machine to read or write designs from embroidery machines.
- You can even convert DST file to any of the supported embroidery file formats.
It is one of the best free DST file viewer using which you can properly view and analyze embroidery designs present in a wide number of formats.
Wilcom TrueSizer is a nice DST file viewer software for Windows. It is primarily used as a viewer, editor, and converter for embroidery files. It supports a large number of input and output formats including DST, PES, EMX, EMB, INP, PEC, EXP, PCS, ART, DSN, etc. It contains a powerful set of features that enable you view DST mebroidery files. Let’s checkout what are those features.
- You get to visualize DST file in multiple modes including Show Stitches (view only stitch points), TrueView (view original design), Needle Point (view only needle points), etc.
- You can properly view an analyze DST files from different angle using rotate, skew, mirror, pan, and zoom tools.
- It allows you to view DST file’s outlines, starting point, ending point, and needle points.
- It also lets you checkout basic information related to DST file, e.g., design area, total thread in length, design height, design width, number of stitches, color of threads, etc.
- You get a Stitch Player which basically plays the stitching sequence at a desired animation speed.
- In it, you can find basic embroidery editing options such as thread color customization, resize embroidery, etc.
- If needed, you can convert DST file to any other supported embroidery file formats.
Some features are locked in this free version which you can unlock by upgrading to its pro version.
It is a clean and intuitive DST file viewer which supports a wide number of formats to visualize embroidery designs and patterns.
my editor is another feature rich DST file viewer for Windows. It is basically an embroidery viewer and editor which offers support a variety of embroidery file formats. Apart from DST, you can view embroideries in PES, PCS, VP3, EXP, HUS, XXX, VIP, SHV, SEW, JEF, ZHS, and more. You can properly visualize DST embroidery designs using various handy tools. Lets have a look at its key features.
- When you open a DST file, it displays different panels showing embroidery design, embroidery sequence, and embroidery’s image map.
- You can find a 3D view feature in it using which you can view imported DST embroidery design in realistic view.
- Furthermore, primary viewing tools such as zoom, rotate, scale design, hide selected objects, show hidden objects, show stitch marks, show filled outlines, etc., are present in this viewer.
- You can even find out statistics related to a DST embroidery file.
- It offers Slow Redraw tool to play DST embroidery animation showing stitching sequence at customized speed.
- It allows you to customize fabric to embroider DST embroidery design.
- You also get some standard editing features such as ‘remove small stitches’, auto-density, etc.
- It lets you convert input DST file to other supported embroidery format and image formats (PNG, JPEG, etc.).
All in all, it is a great DST file viewer with an advanced set of embroidery visualization tools.
OESD .ARTsizer is yet another DST file viewer on this list. It is like a standard viewing software that helps you visualize supported files. You can view a lot more other embroidery files in it other than DST, e.g., ART, ARX, .PES, PEC, EMD, HUS, SHV, SEW, EXP, etc. It provides all required tools in order to open and view DST file. Below is the sorted list of all available features in this software; let us see.
- Basic rotate, mirror, zoom (zoom factor, zoom in 2x, etc.), and resize features are present in it to view DST file.
- It provides multiple viewing modes including view only needle points, artistic view mode, center current stitch, enable/ disable hoop and grid.
- You can also measure length in input DST embroidery pattern.
- It lets you check DST embroidery design properties e.g., design name, version, stitches, colors, ART grade, thread colors, embroidery summary, etc.
- It lets you edit thread colors to see embroidery in different colors.
- You can use its Redraw and Slow Redraw features to view stitching process at customized speed.
- It lets you convert DST file to any of the supported output embroidery format.
- It allows you to read and write embroidery designs and patterns from various embroidery machines.
It is a nice and easy to use DST file viewer with all standard viewing tools.
Embrilliance is the next free DST file viewer for Windows and Mac. It lets you import DST file and visualize embroidery designs and patterns stored in source file. You can also view embroidery stored in various formats like ART (ART42, ART50, ART60), PES, DSZ, EMB, EMD, EXP, HUS, JEF, PCS, PHB, SEW, SHV, VIP, etc.
- You can find an “Objects” panel which basically lets you check used objects in imported DST embroidery file.
- You can also customize thread and color properties to view embroidery in different colors.
- Some more visualization tools including 3D view, metric grid, ghost mode, draw hoop, etc., are offered in this viewer.
- You can also find basic but essential Zoom functions in it.
- It also allows you to add a lettering design, combine designs from its library, etc.
In its free version, features like save and more are disabled. You need to upgrade its paid version in order to utilize all its features.
It is another good software which provides a nice environment to visualize embroidery files including DST files.
Embroidermodder is a free portable DST file viewer for Windows. It is a basic embroidery viewer which supports a few embroidery formats including PES, KSM, HUS, PCS, EXP, and DST. It provides only some standard viewing tools using which you can easily visualize embroidery designs.
- It provides a set of zoom options to view DST file including zoom in, zoom out, zoom to fit, zoom to selection, and zoom to actual size.
- You can also see DST file statistics which include embroidery stats, e.g., number of stitches, real stitches, jump stitches, center of design, colors, total length of stitches, maximum stitch length, minimum stitch length, stitch length distribution, etc.
- It offers a View > Analyze feature which basically creates a CSV file having DST file analysis information.
- Using it, you can also convert DST files to a supported output format.
It is quite a basic DST file viewer with only necessary viewing tools.
We are the team behind some of the most popular tech blogs, like: I LoveFree Software and Windows 8 Freeware.More About Us
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014