Here is a list of Best Free FBX Editor Software For Windows. Using these free software, you can edit FBX (Filmbox) file which is a 3D file developed by Autodesk. It basically contains 3D models that you can modify in these software. You can simply import FBX file in an FBX editor, view and modify the model, and then export it to its original format or some other supported format.
A lot of 3D modeling tools are present in listed editors including add objects (circle, cube, cone, cylinder, curves, etc.), extrude, combine objects, hatching, duplicate objects, etc. In all these, you also get transforming tools with which you can edit objects such as rotate, scale, move, shear, bend, translate, etc. In some, there are also tools like sculpting, material editor, texture editor, dimensioning, etc. All in all, these are nice free software with all essential tools to edit FBX files.
These FBX editing software let you edit other 3D model files too, such as OBJ, STL, PLY, COLLADA, etc. Plus, you can also choose to convert edited FBX files to any of the supported formats. As all these are 3D modeling software, you can create new 3D models from scratch in them. These are good as 3D file viewer too as you can find zoom, pan, perspective view, different render styles, and more viewing tools in them. In general, these are quite featured software that can be used for editing FBX files.
My Favorite Free FBX Editor Software For Windows:
pCon.planner is one of my favorite FBX editor as it comes with handy tools to edit FBX files. Also, its GUI is clean and intuitive which makes it easy to use.
Blender is another good one as you can find FBX editing tools in an advanced and powerful 3D modeling and animation software package.
You may also like some best free FBX Viewer, OBJ to FBX Converter Software, and FBX to OBJ Converter Software for Windows.
pCon.planner is a free FBX editor software for Windows. It is primarily a 3D space planning which can be used to view, edit, and convert various model files including FBX files. You can easily open an FBX file in it, view and analyze it with various available tools, edit the model as per your requirements, and then save or convert it. Besides FBX, it supports 2D and 3D models in formats like DAE, OBJ, 3DS, DXF, DWG, SKP, etc. Let’s see what are the main FBX editing features you can find in this software.
Main Editing Features:
- This software contains a lot of drawing tools which include arc, polyline, rectangle, line, text, cuboid, and more.
- Multiple transformation tools to move, rotate, mirror, scale, arrange, and replace objects in an FBX file are provided.
- You can find various construction tools which help you extrude 2D shapes (along path), create 2D shapes from selected shapes, set insert point, assign hatching to selected drawing element, duplicate selected objects, remove shape or volume from selection, combine objects, and do more.
- It provides several material editing tools such including fill color, dye selection, material transfer, texture editor, and material editor.
- To help you with dimensioning, it offers protractor, tape measure, and dimension drawing and style tools.
- You also get an inbuilt catalog and 3D warehouse with various CAD elements and materials.
These tools are accessible from its Start and Edit toolbars.
- You get some tools to create and edit animation, video, and images of an input 3D model in its Presentation tab.
- It is a great model viewing software with some handy tools including render style, environment, camera settings, zoom, etc.
- Some additional tools including edit purge settings, “check drawing for errors and correct them”, and “open corrupted drawing in recovery mode” are available in it.
It is one of my favorite software to edit FBX files. It contains all essential tools which you need to modify a model present in an FBX or any other supported file.
Home Page Download Page
Blender is a free and open source FBX editor for Windows, Mac, and Linux. This software is primarily used for the purpose of creating 3D models and animating them. You can also edit an existing 3D model in it. For that, just click on its File > Import > FBX option and open an FBX file. Now, you can edit the model using the tools provided in it. When done with editing, you can simply save it in the same or another format using File > Export option.
- It provides various 3D modeling tools to add meshes, curves, surface, metaballs, etc., to the existing model.
- You can edit objects using various transform (rotate, move, shear, bend, push/pull, etc.), set origin, mirror, duplicate objects, rigid body, connect to, shade smooth, and other tools.
- You can find a variety of sculpting tools in it to modify the FBX model, like clay, inflate, blob, crease, grab, brush, texture, stroke, etc.
- It contains UV Editing and Texture Paint tools in it.
- Other than FBX, it supports other 3D file formats including OBJ, STL, 3DS, DAE, PLY, etc.
- You can edit videos in it using its Video Editing mode.
It is a great 3D modeling software with an extensive set of tools. Apart from creating new models, you can also edit FBX and other files in it.
Home Page Download Page
DAZ Studio is an advanced 3D modeling and animation software for Windows. It can be your another alternative to an FBX editor. You can easily open an FBX file in it and then make modifications to it using available modeling tools. To open and later save edited FBX files, you need to use its Import and Export functions. This software can also be used to modify other files like DAE, OBJ, BioVision, etc.
- You can easily translate, rotate, and scale objects in the FBX model.
- It comes with a set of tools that help you edit FBX files. These tools include Node Selection, Joint Editor, Geometry Editor, Spot Render, Node Weight Map Brush, Animate, Scene Navigator, and more.
- It provides object and figure editing tools such as transfer utility, geometry (triangulate, detriangulate, add smoothing modifier, optimize lines, etc.), rigging, and more.
- You can create scenes with animated 3D models in it. It provides tools like new distant light, new spotlight, new point light, new linear point light, etc.
- It provides a set of model rendering options.
It is a good software to create 3D models as well as edit existing models in FBX and other formats.
Note: Do note that to install this software, you need to first install DAZ Install Manager and then manually install Daz Studio.
Home Page Download Page
Bforartists is yet another free open source FBX editor for Windows, Linux, and Mac. This software is similar to Blender software which we discussed above in this article. Like Blender, it is also used for 3D modeling and animation. In terms of feature set and functioning, both software are similar. In it, you can simply import an FBX file, view and edit it, and then export the model in its native or other 3D file formats. It supports OBJ, DAE, PLY, STL, etc.
- It lets you modify FBX file by adding cubes, circles, cylinders, cones, curves, surface, metaball, armature, image, text, etc.
- It contains tools like transformation, mirror, relations, constraints, quick effects, snap, and more to edit FBX file accordingly.
- You can find Sculpting, Shading, and UV Editing tools in this FBX editor.
It contains a lot of advanced modeling tools including Animation, Compositing, Masking, Motion Tracking, Video Editing, Rendering, VFX, etc.
Bforartists is another good option to edit FBX and other 3D model files.
Home Page Download Page