5 Best Free Image Measurement Software For Windows
Here is a list of Best Free Image Measurement Software for Windows. These software are basically used for taking measurements from a photo to perform various image analysis. In these free software, you can estimate a number of values on an image including angle, distance, area, perimeter, mean, median, area fraction, center of mass, integrated density, skewness, coordinates, centroid, etc. To take various image measurements, you can use draw tools such as line, freehand drawing, rectangle, ellipse, polygon, etc. In most of these software, the measurement results are shown in a spreadsheet-like window. You can easily save the results in a text or CSV file.
Many of these are image analysis software (check full list), in which you can find an advanced set of image analysis tools including Calibrate, Plot Profile, Surface Plot, Histogram, Object Analysis, Count Black/White Pixels, and more. Some image processing tools like smoothen, sharpen, enhance color profile, etc., are also provided in some software.
These free image measurement software work well with various raw and standard images. Most commonly supported image formats in these software include BMP, TIFF, PNG, JPEG, GIF, etc. All in all, these are quite useful tools to take measurement from digital images and for performing general image analysis.
My Favorite Free Image Measurement Software For Windows:
ImageJ is my favorite software for taking measurements from a photo as it lets you calculate multiple values such as distance, area, center of mass, integrated density, and more. It is also feature rich in terms of image analysis tools.
IC Measure is also a nice software as it is very easy to use and lets you measure major parameters including length, angle, and area.
ImageJ is a free open source image measurement software for Windows, Mac, and Linux. It is a dedicated software to analyze images and for taking measurements from a photo. To use this software, you need to have Java Runtime Environment installed on your system. In case you don’t have it, you can download it from here > Java.
It is basically an image analysis software which also provides measurement tool along with several other analysis tools. You can also find some image processing tools in it which you can use accordingly, such as smooth, sharpen, calculate image, subtract background, find edges, find maxima, enhance contrast, noise, shadow, FFT, filters, etc. In general, it is packed with advanced image analysis, enhancement, color processing, and other tools which can be used to analyze images.
- To measure digital images, you need to use its Analyze > Measure tool. This feature lets you measure various values including distance, coordinates, areas, area fraction, mean, median, standard deviation, center of mass, integrated density, skewness, perimeter, centroid, etc. You can use drawing related tools like freehand selection, line, ellipse, polygon, angle, wand (tracing), multi-point, etc., to take desired measurements.
- It displays all measured values in a Results window in the form of a table. Here, you can summarize results, view distribution, select measurements to display, and customize the font. It also lets you save measured values in an Excel worksheet file.
- It supports Raw images, TIFF, GIF, JPEG, BMP, DICOM, FITS, and more images to measure and analyze.
- For image analysis, it contains tools and features including Analyze Particles, Calibrate, Plot Profile, Surface Plot, Gels (analyze one-dimensional electrophoretic gels), Histogram, etc.
- In it, you get a number of additional plugins which further enhance its functionality. Some plugins that it offers are 3D (Volume Viewer, Interactive/ Stack 3D surface Plot), Capture Image, Monitor Events, Batch Measure, RGB Measure, Color Transformer, Macros, Image Inverter, Scripts, and Macros.
- It provides a lot of sample images which you can use to get started with this software.
- You can also save the processed image in one of the supported formats.
It is one of the best free image measurement software as it lets you analyze and measure images extensively. You can also find a lot of handy additional tools in it which may come in handy in examining images.
IC Measure is a free video and image measurement software for Windows. Using it, you can measure different parameters including length, area, diameter, angle, etc., in a particular image. To import images, this software supports various image formats such as BMP, JPEG, GIF, PNG, TIFF, etc. You can use drawing tools like line, multiline, polygon, rectangle, line point, circle, 3-point circle, angle, 3-point arc, etc., for taking measurements from a photo. The measurements are displayed on the image itself.
- Measured Values: Using this feature, you can view the results table containing all the measurements.
- Export CSV: You can easily save the results of taken measurements in a CSV spreadsheet.
- Snap Image: It lets you save the imported image with annotations and measurements in any of the supported image formats.
- Microscope: It is a tab where you can manage configurations (magnification) related to microscope and calibrate it (define image scale). You can also select the measurement unit before taking actual measurements.
- It lets you apply the perspective correction and vignetting filters on the images.
- You can rotate, flip, or zoom an image accordingly.
- You can view histogram graph of an image in it.
It is another good free image measurement software which lets you easily take various numerical measurements from images.
CMEIAS ImageTool is the next free image measurement software for Windows. It is also an image analysis software which is primarily used in microbial ecology field. You can find Object Analysis, Count Black/White Pixels, Image Processing, Histogram, and more tools to properly analyze an image. Along with these image analysis tools, it also provides options to measure distance, angle, coordinates, and area in an image. It works well with all major image formats like BMP, JPG, PNG, TIFF, GIF, etc.
- For area and distance, you can choose to view various related measurements including perimeter, mean gray level, median gray level, integrated density, standard deviation, etc. You can do that by going to Settings > Preferences.
- To measure angle, you can select the desired unit from radians and degrees.
- It shows all measured values in a separate Results window.
- You can directly print results or save measurements in a Text file.
It is one more nice software to measure digital images without much hassle. You get some more handy features in it related to image analysis which you can check in this article > Image Analysis Software.
JMicroVision is yet another free image measurement software for Windows, Linux, and Mac. It is another image analysis software which lets you examine, quantify, and measure different aspects of digital images. You can measure different kinds of images in various formats including JPG, PNG, BMP, TIFF, GIF, PNM, and WBMP. Let’s checkout what are the main image measurement features you get in this software.
- 1D measurements: You can perform various 1-dimensional calculations such as distance, points, orientation, orientation significance, Azimuth, color, etc.
- 2D measurements: As the name suggests, you can calculate 2-dimensional shape values using it, such as area, perimeter, eccentricity, etc.
To take measurements, you can use tools like line, rectangle, circle, polygon, etc.
- You can find Spatial Calibration, Object Extraction, Point Counting, Image Factory (segmentation, arithmetic, logic, gradient filtering, rasterize drawings, etc.), and more tools in it.
- It lets you view Histogram graph of an image.
It is a simple image measurement software to take various 1D and 2D measurement from an image.
ER Viewer is a dedicated viewer for raster GIS images for Windows. It can also be used as image measurement software as it provides a dedicated measure tool. In it, you can simply import an image of any of supported formats like JPEG, PNG, BMP, TIFF, etc., and measure length between two points in the imported image. You can view the results below its interface. The measurement tool can be accessed from the Tools menu.
- You can find some more image viewing features including simple zoom (zoom in, zoom out, data extents, etc.), zoom box, hand, smoothing, etc.
- It provides an “Open ECWP URL” feature which lets you import an image using its URL.
- You can save an opened image in formats including ERS, HDR, BMP, JPG, and TIFF.
It is a very basic image measurement tool which only lets you measure distance between two points in an image.
We are the team behind some of the most popular tech blogs, like: I LoveFree Software and Windows 8 Freeware.More About Us
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014